Brits support a Burka Ban.

StLucieBengal

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2016
Florida
Poll: Majority Of Brits Support Burka Ban

Even the labour people want it banned.

The majority of the British public support banning the burka, with just 25 per cent opposing such a move, a new poll suggests.

The survey by YouGov found that support for a ban was strongest among older Britons, with an overwhelming 78 per cent of over-65s approving of such a move, compared to only 34 per cent of 18-24 year-olds.

strong across the political spectrum, with a plurality of voters for every single party favouring a ban. Support is strongest among UKIP supporters, with 84 per cent wanting to prohibit the garment, while 66 per cent of Conservative voters agree.

Even among supporters of the left wing Labour and Liberal Democrat parties, support for a ban is stronger than opposition, with 48 per cent of Labour voters wanting a ban, compared to 37 against, and 42 per cent of Lib Dems in favour, as opposed to 30 per cent against.

The only two demographic groups likely to oppose a ban are 18-24 year-olds and people who voted Remain in the referendum.

The poll also found that Brits also favour banning the controversial swimwear the burkini, although by a smaller margin. A total of 46 per cent of people would support a prohibition on the burkini, with 30 per cent opposed.

The poll suggests a growing divide between the British people and the political class on this issue.

Last week, the British government ruled out following certain French towns in banning the swimwear, saying it sees “no need for measures restricting what people can wear in public places.”

Maria Miller, who chairs the Women and Equalities Committee, commented: “How each of us chooses to dress is a personal matter. In practice, the choices we make are usually driven by local cultural norms.”

Meanwhile London Mayor Sadiq Khan also opposed the burkini ban, saying on a visit to Paris last week: “I don’t think anyone should tell women what they can and can’t wear.”

Last week, the British government ruled out following certain French towns in banning the swimwear, saying it sees “no need for measures restricting what people can wear in public places.”

Maria Miller, who chairs the Women and Equalities Committee, commented: “How each of us chooses to dress is a personal matter. In practice, the choices we make are usually driven by local cultural norms.”

It seems that the British government is wiser than some French politicians. Congratulations, Britons.

Until muslims stopped killing everyone who does not follow islam, ban the damn burka. Ban the muslims from entering the country too.

Until muslims stopped killing everyone who does not follow islam, ban the damn burka. Ban the muslims from entering the country too.

I'm down with that... The only way you are gonna get anything changed is to back the supposed "good" Muslims into a corner and force their hand.

I'm down with that... The only way you are gonna get anything changed is to back the supposed "good" Muslims into a corner and force their hand.

Absolutely. Either they agree with the radicals, in which case they get rounded up and shipped back to the ME, or they denounce the radicals, in which case they get to stay and assimilate to the country they're in.

What I always find amazing in discussions about this issue is how the leftists inevitably take the side of the Islamists in their war, not just against western civilization, but against moderate and more liberal Muslims as well.

Allowing the Burqa hands a tool to the most repressive Islamists in their war to subdue all Muslims AS WELL as the West.

The majority of the British public support banning the burka, with just 25 per cent opposing such a move, a new poll suggests.

The survey by YouGov found that support for a ban was strongest among older Britons, with an overwhelming 78 per cent of over-65s approving of such a move, compared to only 34 per cent of 18-24 year-olds.

strong across the political spectrum, with a plurality of voters for every single party favouring a ban. Support is strongest among UKIP supporters, with 84 per cent wanting to prohibit the garment, while 66 per cent of Conservative voters agree.

Even among supporters of the left wing Labour and Liberal Democrat parties, support for a ban is stronger than opposition, with 48 per cent of Labour voters wanting a ban, compared to 37 against, and 42 per cent of Lib Dems in favour, as opposed to 30 per cent against.

The only two demographic groups likely to oppose a ban are 18-24 year-olds and people who voted Remain in the referendum.

The poll also found that Brits also favour banning the controversial swimwear the burkini, although by a smaller margin. A total of 46 per cent of people would support a prohibition on the burkini, with 30 per cent opposed.

The poll suggests a growing divide between the British people and the political class on this issue.

Meanwhile London Mayor Sadiq Khan also opposed the burkini ban, saying on a visit to Paris last week: “I don’t think anyone should tell women what they can and can’t wear.”
Khan banned adverts with women in bikinis on London transport allegedly concerned over 'body shaming'. He also gave the green light to buses in all the major cities running adverts praising Allah. I'm not surprised he's all for women dressing like Islamic ninjas at the beach, he's allegedly concerned over body shaming but apparently not the oppression of women.

Last edited:

Khan banned adverts with women in bikinis on London transport allegedly concerned over 'body shaming'. He also gave the green light to buses in all the major cities running adverts praising Allah. I'm not surprised he's all for women dressing like Islamic ninjas at the beach, he's concerned over body shaming but not the oppression of women.

Khan is a joke as well. I have watched Farage mercilessly abuse him in open forums.

Absolutely. Either they agree with the radicals, in which case they get rounded up and shipped back to the ME, or they denounce the radicals, in which case they get to stay and assimilate to the country they're in.

I am not sure I would round anyone up. But I would block further immigration until further notice.

I would also make life harder for them so they would have to evolve. Much like the leftists have done to Christians.

No burkas, no niqab, hijab.... And slowly take away the things that keep them seperate from us and stop them From Assimilating. If they don't like it they can leave

I am not sure I would round anyone up. But I would block further immigration until further notice.

I would also make life harder for them so they would have to evolve. Much like the leftists have done to Christians.

No burkas, no niqab, hijab.... And slowly take away the things that keep them seperate from us and stop them From Assimilating. If they don't like it they can leave

You can take away burkas, niqabs, hijabs, burkinis, and other things but you definitely won’t take away the things that keep them separate from you by doing so. Just because these things aren’t in their clothes but in heads. And as long as they think that covering women’s bodies is a right thing to do, they will be doing this. Banning pieces of clothe will only radicalise these people and take them further away from you, thereby making worse the issue rather than solving it.

And they won’t leave, because they like to live in Western countries, like to enjoy the freedoms they have, and because you (champions of the Western values) aren’t sure you would round up anyone.

You can take away burkas, niqabs, hijabs, burkinis, and other things but you definitely won’t take away the things that keep them separate from you by doing so. Just because these things aren’t in their clothes but in heads. And as long as they think that covering women’s bodies is a right thing to do, they will be doing this. Banning pieces of clothe will only radicalise these people and take them further away from you, thereby making worse the issue rather than solving it.

And they won’t leave, because they like to live in Western countries, like to enjoy the freedoms they have, and because you (champions of the Western values) aren’t sure you would round up anyone.

Don't get me wrong there is a case to round up people . But I think it would create a panic. I would just stop all immigration from the Middle East with the exception of Israel. I would treat the Middle East like we have treated Cuba for the Cold War. If the west followed through on that it would hurt them. Personally I don't care if they radical in the Middle East. Just block travel to the west and you can contain them.

The ones here need to feel uncomfortable. I realize just taking away the clothing won't fix everything but it is a start. And if the public gets used to calling out their weird behavior then they will only feel more singled out. It's human nature to want to fit in with the group someway. So the more heat is turned up the more likely they are to break.

Don't get me wrong there is a case to round up people . But I think it would create a panic. I would just stop all immigration from the Middle East with the exception of Israel. I would treat the Middle East like we have treated Cuba for the Cold War. If the west followed through on that it would hurt them. Personally I don't care if they radical in the Middle East. Just block travel to the west and you can contain them.

Such a move is already outdated for some European countries. There is no doubt that they should curb migration from Muslim countries, but this won’t solve the issue, unfortunately.

The ones here need to feel uncomfortable. I realize just taking away the clothing won't fix everything but it is a start. And if the public gets used to calling out their weird behavior then they will only feel more singled out. It's human nature to want to fit in with the group someway. So the more heat is turned up the more likely they are to break.

Yeah, it is a start, but in a wrong direction. If say in England Muslim population made up 1% or so, then such a move would seem more or less understandable. But in the current situation if they will feel singled out and uncomfortable, they won’t mix with native people creating enclaves, no-go zones, beaches for Muslims, schools for Muslims, and so on.

Real first step would be passing a law which allows annulment of citizenship of those who participate in radical Islamists organisations.

Such a move is already outdated for some European countries. There is no doubt that they should curb migration from Muslim countries, but this won’t solve the issue, unfortunately.

Yeah, it is a start, but in a wrong direction. If say in England Muslim population made up 1% or so, then such a move would seem more or less understandable. But in the current situation if they will feel singled out and uncomfortable, they won’t mix with native people creating enclaves, no-go zones, beaches for Muslims, schools for Muslims, and so on.

Real first step would be passing a law which allows annulment of citizenship of those who participate in radical Islamists organisations.

So we find someone who was radicalized .... Go to their mosque and hit the rest of their members citizenship? Most of them are radicalized through their mosques so wouldn't every member be a conspirator to any radical members?

So we find someone who was radicalized .... Go to their mosque and hit the rest of their members citizenship? Most of them are radicalized through their mosques so wouldn't every member be a conspirator to any radical members?

You should begin with those who have direct connections with Islamists organisations which may be considered as a threat to national security; then imams who preach radical Islam and are defiant to thе Western society. It doesn’t mean that you should automatically annul citizenships of all those who attend the mosque of a radical imam, because it may be that it is the only mosque in the neighbourhood and people don’t have much choice.

The older people being the ones who supported Brexit, and saw the economy take a 15% nosedive within hours of the vote, the people who voted to leave the EU because they don't understand what powers their own government has, the people who are nationalistic and want the UK to be like how it was, ie, no computers.

You have it so completely backwards, it isn't even funny.

As more and more women are forced into Burkas, the fact that they have been forced into them fuels the very process by normalizing it. As more women fall under the yoke of these evil Islamist men, the greater the pressure upon others to comply.

The ACTUAL answer lies in ending this absolutely moronic dogma of multiculturalism and demand that those entering our countries adapt to our way of life rather than our adapting to their so thoroughly that we lose the very culture we have built.

The utter hypocrisy of the low functioning portion of the left never fails to astound me.

They defend Islam only because they have been conditioned to do so. They attack Christianity for the same reason. They do not operate in a world of values, principles and ideals, but merely a form of mindless group think where they reward each other if they say one thing and punish each other if they say another.

You have it so completely backwards, it isn't even funny.

As more and more women are forced into Burkas, the fact that they have been forced into them fuels the very process by normalizing it. As more women fall under the yoke of these evil Islamist men, the greater the pressure upon others to comply.

Has it ever come to your mind that a number of women (and these number may be relatively high) wear burqas or niqabs according to their own believes? No?

The ACTUAL answer lies in ending this absolutely moronic dogma of multiculturalism and demand that those entering our countries adapt to our way of life rather than our adapting to their so thoroughly that we lose the very culture we have built.

I think you had better read what I wrote in the posts 14 and 16 if you want to proceed with our discussion.

Forum List

Back