British NHS…Dentists? Don’t take on any new patients, see them every 2 years..

Did I say you get nothing......? The system gets worse and worse for you the older you get...you are a liability, and so you are not going to get the care you need....they take your money when you are young, deny treatment as you get older......
That quite simply is not true. We pay more for our oldies than for anyone else. It is understood that they will be the ones with the most need and that if all goes well we all get there. I think you are thinking about the oldies in the US who commit suicide because they don't want to take from what they hoped to leave for their children. Very sad.
That you don't understand this is sad.......

The U.S. pays for your national defense...do you deny this?

The U.S. creates the medical miracles that you use...do you deny this?

Obamacare was nothing more than a way to destroy private healthcare in the U.S......so that we too could have crappy healthcare like Britain....
If you had looked further down you would have found this little bit

According to the report, the United Kingdom, which has a single-payer healthcare system, ranks first. In second place is Switzerland, which like the U.S. has a compulsory health insurance system—though Swiss health insurers are not allowed to make a profit off their basic insurance plans.

All countries come out with good medicines though sadly the US frequently will not let poorer countries buy them at a price they can afford - the old thing of you are only worth your wallet.

and of course you do not pay for our defense spending and if you did it would be because you were getting something out of it. We have some defence agreements but it is up to the UK Gov to give what it chooses. with regard to Nato the UK has been at 2% for several years. When you are up to some military things which you should not be more often than not I am sorry to say our military will be there helping you.

I deny that the UK has a poor health system, that you get nothing when you are past 50 and that you, the US pay any of it. For yourselves however, you pay the most and get the worst outcomes. Rather than be able to accept that, you build up fictional stories about your generosity

It went on to suggest that Obamacare may change this but you guys who support the 0.1% chucked that out didn't you so that you and your family can continue to loose out. I guess I have to say whatever turns you on but I am not going to go on and on about something which is so well known apart from your imagination.

Life expectancy is falling in the US. Not just because they spend all day shooting each other.Its because their healthcare is shit.

It would be one thing if they simply paid for their own dentists....but they have to pay massive taxes to support a system that won't treat them........

Obama chose Brit expert to run ObamaCare.

"DEATH PANELS" WERE OVERBLOWN -- UNTIL NOW​

During the debate over ObamaCare, the bill's opponents were excoriated for talk of rationing and "death panels." And in fairness, with a few minor exceptions governing Medicare reimbursements, the law does not directly ration care or allow the government to dictate how doctors practice medicine, says Michael Tanner, a senior fellow with the Cato Institute.

President Obama's nominee for director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the office that oversees government health care programs, is Dr. Donald Berwick, an outspoken admirer of the British National Health Service and its rationing arm, the National Institute for Clinical Effectiveness (NICE).

"I am romantic about the National Health Service (NHS). I love it," Berwick said during a 2008 speech to British physicians, going on to call it "generous, hopeful, confident, joyous, and just." He compared the wonders of British health care to a U.S. system that he described as trapped in "the darkness of private enterprise."

Berwick was referring to a British health care system where 750,000 patients are awaiting admission to NHS hospitals.

The government's official target for diagnostic testing was a wait of no more than 18 weeks by 2008.

The reality doesn't come close; the latest estimates suggest that for most specialties, only 30 percent to 50 percent of patients are treated within 18 weeks.

For trauma and orthopedics patients, the figure is only 20 percent.

Overall, more than half of British patients wait more than 18 weeks for care.

Every year, 50,000 surgeries are canceled because patients become too sick on the waiting list to proceed.

The one thing the NHS is good at is saving money. After all, it is far cheaper to let the sick die than to provide care, says Tanner.

At the forefront of this cost-based rationing is NICE. It acts as a comparative effectiveness tool for NHS, comparing various treatments and determining whether the benefits the patient receives, such as prolonged life, are cost efficient for the government.

Dr. Berwick wants to bring NICE-style rationing to this country. "It's not a question of whether we will ration care," he said in a magazine interview for Biotechnology Healthcare, "It is whether we will ration with our eyes open."

Maybe those worries about death panels weren't so crazy after all, says Tanner.

Source: Michael Tanner, "'Death panels' were an overblown claim -- until now," Daily Caller, May 27, 2010.

For text:

‘Death panels’ were an overblown claim – until now

That was before WW2, before the NHS and when people could not afford dentists.
That was just a joke Alexa. Is Alexa a Scottish name

What time does the sun set where you are?....Midnight.............................You live near a golf course?

Forum List

Back