British election shows stupidity of their voting system. Tories get 37% end up running the country

"British election shows stupidity of their voting system. Tories get 37% end up running the country"

It's one of the many negative aspects of a democracy.

Fortunately we're not a democracy; thankfully the Framers had the wisdom to create a Republic.

there is no difference between a republic and a democracy....

Republics thru the ages have had direct citizen lawmaking

see my picture gallery for quotes of the founders that prove my point

[
well try an do some simple math you ignorant ass...what is 36.9 plus 12.6.....can you figure out if that gets you over 50%?....

but even that is a stretch as UKIP hate Conservatives enough to vote against them in competitive first-past-the-post districts.

so the idea that the Conservatives end up running the country is idiotic.

I love it when people like you resort to name calling. Demonstrates just how much you are losing the game. Anyway, back to the remainder of your lesson in British politics.

Nothing wrong with my arithmetic. 36.9 plus 12.6 = 49.5. So, Of all the votes cast, 49.5% were for right wing parties and 50.5% were for left wing parties. Now, as I said previously, in your ignorance you made a statement that Britain was predominantly a left wing country. These figures prove just how wrong you are.

[
well try an do some simple math you ignorant ass...what is 36.9 plus 12.6.....can you figure out if that gets you over 50%?....

but even that is a stretch as UKIP hate Conservatives enough to vote against them in competitive first-past-the-post districts.

so the idea that the Conservatives end up running the country is idiotic.

I love it when people like you resort to name calling. Demonstrates just how much you are losing the game. Anyway, back to the remainder of your lesson in British politics.

Nothing wrong with my arithmetic. 36.9 plus 12.6 = 49.5. So, Of all the votes cast, 49.5% were for right wing parties and 50.5% were for left wing parties. Now, as I said previously, in your ignorance you made a statement that Britain was predominantly a left wing country. These figures prove just how wrong you are.

as opposed to when people like you resort to name calling?.....So your nitpicking the word "predominantly" I guess....
it is a majority left leaning country...and certainly deserves better than to be run by the Conservatives.

as opposed to when people like you resort to name calling?.....So your nitpicking the word "predominantly" I guess....
it is a majority left leaning country...and certainly deserves better than to be run by the Conservatives.

Perhaps you should try concentrating on what is best for your own country instead of trying to tell others what is best for them, particularly since you know so little about us.

Perhaps you should try concentrating on what is best for your own country instead of trying to tell others what is best for them, particularly since you know so little about us.

I have seen a number of articles on the subject in the British press.............perhaps you should take your commentary to a board not entitled "US" message board.

British election shows stupidity of their voting system. Tories get 37% end up running the country

The liberals here consider any system that allows conservatives to get elected, a "stupid voting system".

:rolleyes-41:

What an idiotic result......

Tories get less than 37% of the vote...yet they will govern the country.

Not a single solitary policy they pass will have true legitimacy.

Just as nothing the US Senate passes does.
The Conservatives got 51% of the vote, not 37%.

Labor got 36%.

Actually, OP has it right.

Conservative 36.8 - 331 seats
Labour 30.4% - 231 seats
UKIP 12.6% - 1 seat
Liberal Dem 7.9% - 8 seats
SNP 4.7% - 56 seats
Green 3.8% - 1 seat

The Conservative's success was largely due to Englanders being terrified of a SNP-Labour coalition and the SNP more or less calling the shots. That fear led them to go to the polling stations in droves.

Basically SNP's success led to Labours downfall throughout the country and not just in Scotland.

Actually, OP has it right.
Conservative 36.8 - 331 seats
Labour 30.4% - 231 seats
UKIP 12.6% - 1 seat
Liberal Dem 7.9% - 8 seats
SNP 4.7% - 56 seats
Green 3.8% - 1 seat
So, liberals fighting amongst themselves let conservatives get a majority of seats in Parliament?

Good.

Look on the bright side. A conservative majority (if it's really conservative and not just a title) will get govt our of people's faces for a while and let them build up more prosperity for the liberals to loot later.

You can't soak the rich if you've driven them all out of the country.

Yes... All you rabid "3rd Party" people should take this as an opportunity to learn ... How stupid that idea is.

The liberals here consider any system that allows conservatives to get elected, a "stupid voting system".

:rolleyes-41:

Says something about their sense of decency that conservatives dont mind getting elected illegitimately. I suppose maybe most Conservatives here would rather we were still under a king and could do away with elections.

The Conservative's success was largely due to Englanders being terrified of a SNP-Labour coalition and the SNP more or less calling the shots. That fear led them to go to the polling stations in droves.

Basically SNP's success led to Labours downfall throughout the country and not just in Scotland.
if so that was an irrational fear seeded in their midst by propagandists, as Labour still would have had way more seats.

Yes... All you rabid "3rd Party" people should take this as an opportunity to learn ... How stupid that idea is.

Third partys arent the problem........they show the populations awakening to the thievery of the puppet parties.....the problem is rigged election results..or election systems that dont reflect the will of the voters.

Third partys arent the problem........they show the populations awakening to the thievery of the puppet parties.....the problem is rigged election results..or election systems that dont reflect the will of the voters.

It's a math thing... And when you add a third party to the equation, you lower the threshold that a party needs to cross to gain power.

2 parties require 50.1
3 parties require 33.331
4 parties 25.1.

Add enough parties and Ted's storage out of Tupolo governs the United States with 4 votes... Which are basically Ted and his 3 installers. Which lets be honest those three are just Ted's pot dealer and two dudes that hang out with him. Behind that is British Laybore party or the French Le Bore...

I have seen a number of articles on the subject in the British press.............perhaps you should take your commentary to a board not entitled "US" message board.

Better still, perhaps you should cease commentary on world events that are obviously outside your personal parochial bubble of knowledge and experience.

Better still, perhaps you should cease commentary on world events that are obviously outside your personal parochial bubble of knowledge and experience.

your a typical sap, name calling without proving anything ...get lost

Really? Where have I called you any names? Get lost? Certainly not.

almost from the beginning you have. While not offering true criticism....

go comment on a UK board this board is the US message board.

Then prove it by quoting those posts. BTW making statements about your lack of knowledge is not name calling. Keep digging pal. I'm laughing like mad.

Really? Where have I called you any names? Get lost? Certainly not.

almost from the beginning you have. While not offering true criticism....

go comment on a UK board this board is the US message board.

Then prove it by quoting those posts. BTW making statements about your lack of knowledge is not name calling. Keep digging pal. I'm laughing like mad.

Calling a person ignorant.....in the manner you did....without offering factual criticism of a position....is just cheap name calling...I think you said that in your very first reply....but Im not wasting time wading through your BS again.

Forum List

Back