Britain has disarmed its citizens and also has no freedom of speech

Remember during the American Revolution, 1/3 of the people were for separation from England, 1/3 were Neutral, and 1/3 were LOYALISTS. We see the Loyalist mentality in Democrats today. They are loyal to the all powerful STATE, and the Royalty of GOVERNMENT and politicians that only want to control us to our detriment. They are the enemy of America and our principals.

Freedom of expression is in decline everywhere, not just Britain.
Why do you say that ? When was the golden age ?
Right before the illiberal, authoritarian Regressive Left realized how effectively it could weaponize political correctness.

It's been a process.
Well 50 years a a large part of the world was run by dictatorships of one sort or another. Eastern Europe and South America have a lot more freedom of expression than they did then although its a bit patchy.
If you look at the West and homosexuality was illegal. Not much freedom there. South Africa and the US denied rights to black folk. No freedom there.

Go back a bit further in your history and you have the Macarthy hearings. Not much freedom there either. Overall things are better than ever.

Right before the illiberal, authoritarian Regressive Left realized how effectively it could weaponize political correctness.

It's been a process.
Well 50 years a a large part of the world was run by dictatorships of one sort or another. Eastern Europe and South America have a lot more freedom of expression than they did then although its a bit patchy.
If you look at the West and homosexuality was illegal. Not much freedom there. South Africa and the US denied rights to black folk. No freedom there.

Go back a bit further in your history and you have the Macarthy hearings. Not much freedom there either. Overall things are better than ever.
Yes, that's the line.

"Nothing to see here".

It's been a process.

Yes, that's the line.

"Nothing to see here".
Well you just made that up. Argue your case rather than just whine.

The English people were and are cowards. Most of them caved to King Henry VIII and became Protestants. Thomas More refused, so they murdered him.
Thomas More wasn't any better....before Henry flipped, More was in charge of hunting down protestants for Henry and having them tried and burned....he also recommended that Henry ban the printing press from England because it made it hard to suppress new ideas.
More ended up hoisted on his own petard.

It's been a process.

Yes, that's the line.

"Nothing to see here".
I made a point and you got pissy and defensive.

Very instructive, not a surprise, but not my problem.

It's been a process.

Yes, that's the line.

"Nothing to see here".

You made what I thought was an odd point. I asked you to clarify it and you ran for cover. I gave you several examples where things are better as well.
C'mon Mac !! You can do better than this.

It's been a process.

Yes, that's the line.

"Nothing to see here".

You made what I thought was an odd point. I asked you to clarify it and you ran for cover. I gave you several examples where things are better as well.
C'mon Mac !! You can do better than this.
I made my point. Freedom of expression began to decay when the illiberal, authoritarian Regressive Left realized how effectively it could weaponize political correctness. I don't expect you to agree with that; I know that I could provide a thousand examples and none of them would be good enough. So, there's no reason to bother.

I've made my point. I'm not trying to change your mind on anything.

The English people were and are cowards. Most of them caved to King Henry VIII and became Protestants. Thomas More refused, so they murdered him.

Considering he was arrested in Northern Ireland, talking about England is stupid...

This is Northern Ireland and this type of speech has led to thousands of deaths... Let the English fucker go home and leave Northern Ireland alone... If he wants to stay there is plenty of lads that know the old ways to sort him out, the PSNI (police) are doing him a favor by arresting him.

You sound like a Hillary supporter
Much better than being a trumpanzee.

It's been a process.

Plenty of freedom during the mccarthy era in fact.

That was a time when people were challenging Jim crow and fighting to spread freedom to those denied it.

McCarthy was simply correct about enemies of freedom.

While you may be correct about spreading freedom in many ways it is shameful how those who once championed it are now violating it such as the Brits are doing in the name of progressivism.

It's been a process.

That was a time when people were challenging Jim crow and fighting to spread freedom to those denied it.

While you may be correct about spreading freedom in many ways it is shameful how those who once championed it are now violating it such as the Brits are doing in the name of progressivism.
McCarthy was a drunk trying to bully his way to fame and power. Fortunately Americans woke up to what he was all about then.....Deplorables today, not so smart.

It's been a process.

Yes but in your tunnel vision you fail to realize that because of the United States these wrongs were righted. Progressives all believe the glass is half empty. Conservatives believe it is half full.

It's been a process.

McCarthy was a drunk trying to bully his way to fame and power. Fortunately Americans woke up to what he was all about then.....Deplorables today, not so smart.
He may have been a drunk but no more so than other swine like the various senators and politicians named Kennedy.

Sure he rode an issue to more fqme as all politicians Rey to do.

But he was still correct. That much has been proven.

The so called deplorable are simply those who may be right or only partly right about something which you lack the brains to argue about.

King Henry the 8th, misapplied religion to suit his own desires. God only knows where he is now. I don't know if he ever gave his life over to GOD through the LORD JESUS CHRIST. He seems to have been too busy with his own schemes to care on way or another.

I do feel that GOD utilized the failures of king Henry the 8th, to begin freeing the citizens of England from Roman pagan religious authoritarianism. The pope was as evil if not more so than any of the other monarchs of Europe or anywhere else at that time. And it was only through "Protestantism" that people had the opportunity to read and believe the WORD of GOD without religious interference.
The point is that the English became Protestants because they were cowards who would not stand up to King Henry VIII. Catholics were horribly persecuted for many centuries afterwards, and in England they still must endure the hatred of the Protestant majority.
9b5ff20f4871a2f6697bbf0fe31a4842.png

King Henry the 8th, misapplied religion to suit his own desires. God only knows where he is now. I don't know if he ever gave his life over to GOD through the LORD JESUS CHRIST. He seems to have been too busy with his own schemes to care on way or another.

I do feel that GOD utilized the failures of king Henry the 8th, to begin freeing the citizens of England from Roman pagan religious authoritarianism. The pope was as evil if not more so than any of the other monarchs of Europe or anywhere else at that time. And it was only through "Protestantism" that people had the opportunity to read and believe the WORD of GOD without religious interference.
You are insane. Where did you study history ? Trump U ?
5nCGrBo.png

Forum List

Back