Brisket

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
Oh my god, gotta love it.

20160801-sous-vide-brisket-guide-35.jpg

Give me a good cut of meat, and a good smoker, and I can screw them both up in about 45 minutes.

I am not sure if I have ever had smoked meat before. I have had smoked fish - which I like quite a lot.

Is it your favourite food?

I am not sure if I have ever had smoked meat before. I have had smoked fish - which I like quite a lot.

Smoke fish? Sounds very tasty and nutritious.

I absolutely love brisket.

Fun little tip, after smoking the brisket in the smoker for around 6 hours, take it out, put it in a pan and cover with tinfoil and place in a 200 deg. oven for another hour. It will further break down the connective tissue and make your brisket melt in your mouth tender.

How does the nutrition in smoked fish compare to the nutrition in sawdust? I've heard that during your worst food shortages, your people were encouraged to eat sawdust. How do you prepare that? Baked or fried?

Give me a good cut of meat, and a good smoker, and I can screw them both up in about 45 minutes.

I have the utmost respect for those that can sit by a smoker and monitor and maintain the temp for hours....I simply don't have that kind of patience. LOL!

I have the utmost respect for those that can sit by a smoker and monitor and maintain the temp for hours....I simply don't have that kind of patience. LOL!

I'll make sure the beer is cold. Somebody else can do the cooking.

Forum List

Back