Brioche Habit?

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
For those in America they really don't have a clue to what it is.

But possibly if they spent any time in Europe and had good bread from an exceptional bakery. (Which isn't exactly common in the States)

But I was curious if anyone else was missing good brioche bread for breakfast?

It's way too easy to get hooked on it for breakfast.

But possibly if they spent any time in Europe and had good bread from an exceptional bakery. (Which isn't exactly common in the States)

What gave you the idea that there is no brioche in America? Do you think it's some kind of secret bread?

i see it in every food store i shop in.....

What gave you the idea that there is no brioche in America? Do you think it's some kind of secret bread?
Its not a secret bread...

There's a lot of breads that claim to be brioche but are really not. They simply don't have the flavor or texture of quality brioche. If you ever get hooked on the "good stuff" you notice the difference immediately.

When was the last time you toasted a slice of brioche, slathered it in jam, Nutella or something and was instantly reminded of eating a fine pie for breakfast?

That's the difference.

Its not a secret bread...

There's a lot of breads that claim to be brioche but are really not. They simply don't have the flavor or texture of quality brioche. If you ever get hooked on the "good stuff" you notice the difference immediately.

When was the last time you toasted a slice of brioche, slathered it in jam, Nutella or something and was instantly reminded of eating a fine pie for breakfast?

That's the difference.
Are you really trying this hard to be some kind of bread snob? :rolleyes: In the United States we have every kind of bread there is. Sorry, but you're not special.

Are you really trying this hard to be some kind of bread snob? :rolleyes: In the United States we have every kind of bread there is. Sorry, but you're not special.
Not a bread snob. I just know the difference between the two.
I haven't had any good brioche since my "European Vacation" so to speak....it was something of a comedy vacation too but I did get addicted to some of the breads.

We have a lot of "artisan" bread here...I can grab a lot of them easily enough. But the Brioche is the one that is missing. I'm guessing that nobody really cares about making it. It is one of the more expensive types of breads to make.

The OP sounds like one of those New York douche bags who can't help saying "oh, you don't know real pizza!" at every opportunity. Douche bags will douche bag.

The OP sounds like one of those New York douche bags who can't help saying "oh, you don't know real pizza!" at every opportunity. Douche bags will douche bag.
NY pizza is a thing...
I can get close to one here in the South...but it's missing the petroleum taste from the oil or coal fired oven.

There are (at minimum) nine different varieties of brioche throughout Europe, they're not all the same. Which one did you have?
As for me I tried it once, ended up giving it to the birds, too damn sweet for my tastes.

here in Vegas there are a bunch of bakeries who make it....
Vegas does have a very robust culinary environment... has had one for years.

So I can't say definitely that they don't have it. I live in the SE...they do have some stuff in the culinary world...

But Vegas is not exactly a normal place either. It's like finding them square donuts in New Orleans...not really going to find them anywhere but there.

Forum List

Back