BridgieBridge's Grand Entrance

Welcome. I am xotoxi.

I will call you either Bridgie, or Bridge, but not BridgieBridge.

Or...even better, I'd like to call you BB.

Some people do need to lighten up on these intro threads.
Bull Butter.

Those with thin skins should flee. Should eschew message boards in general. Until they grow a thick skin.

Raucous welcomes can't ever be bad.

We will agree to disagree.

What part of "Welcome" is hard to understand? Leave the political yabber-jabber to the proper forums. She just told us about herself and "BAM" =attack mode by some.

That's just my take.

Carry on with whatever it is you were doing.

Welcome. I am xotoxi.

I will call you either Bridgie, or Bridge, but not BridgieBridge.

Or...even better, I'd like to call you BB.

Knock yourself out, i go by all of those.

Should i call you xo, or toxi, or.....even better, i think i will call you hugz N kisses? :lol:

Some people do need to lighten up on these intro threads. There have been some doozies on here. There were a few men the other night very rude to a new woman, she almost quit because of their thoughtless comments. Just grin and bear it, or ignore them, or make fun of them, and have a sense of humor about everything, which I think you have! :D

And enjoy!

I'll have to disagree. The hazing that goes on in intro threads is an important tool to allow posters to test newbies to see if their skin is paperthin, or if they are so high on themselves that they have to be knocked down.

We can name many posters who entered the board like a beaten dog and very viciously lashed out at everyone who poked them. While there are many others who can take the jabs in stride.

The latter people fit in much better around these parts.

Some people do need to lighten up on these intro threads.
Bull Butter.

Those with thin skins should flee. Should eschew message boards in general. Until they grow a thick skin.

Raucous welcomes can't ever be bad.

What part of "Welcome" is hard to understand? Leave the political yabber-jabber to the proper forums. She just told us about herself and "BAM" =attack mode by some.

That's just my take.

Sorry hun, when we come out as nube-rubes with "I am open minded but hate republicans" or some such, it begs a raucous reply.

When we bring "political yabber-jabber" to our own intro forum, "political yabber-jabber" might be in reply.

Or, as in my case, non-partisan "yabber-jabber."

I understand "welcome" perfectly. The nube-rubes might not.

Last edited:

That's just my take.

Thank you.

I did feel a bit of that "attack mode" Although maybe i did start it by mention the word republican. (A sensitive word)

It's all good though, while i think my skin may be thin, i am somewhat used to it. My first online forum was a handful.

That's just my take.

Thank you.

I did feel a bit of that "attack mode" Although maybe i did start it by mention the word republican. (A sensitive word)

It's all good though, while i think my skin may be thin, i am somewhat used to it. My first online forum was a handful.

Then you'll fit in here just fine doll.

These people are good peeps, and most of the cons/libs/indys all get along really well.

Stop begging and just admit you're another partisan hack, and be done with it.

Mmmmk?

Do i know you?

Hmmm not so grand of an entrance. But welcome and I like your avitar.

You don't think so? Well it was grand enough for me. TY.

Don't be polite to them!! (especially USCit)....just tell them to fuck off!!

Hey I said she? had a nice avitar. What more do you want?

That's just my take.

Thank you.

Then you'll fit in here just fine doll.

These people are good peeps, andmost of the cons/libs/indys all get along really well.

She's referring to ME.

Why do you think you'd been had already?

Hi and welcome, BridgieBridge. I'm repeating myself.

I hope you get 5 or 10 more people to stop by and say "Hi and welcome." Maybe that will make you feel welcome.

Welcome.

I am a friend of critters too, especially the carnivores and birds of prey...the owl being among the favorites. I love to watch them detect, locate, clutch and kill little critters...then eat their insides and tender flesh...getting blood all over their beaks.

Being a foe of Republicans should not preclude your befriending conservatives.

Ah...oh my. What has Samson made me do? lol
Don't go blaming it on Samson.
Oh boy, well are'nt you quite descriptive! I don't think i enjoyed reading that but do enjoy your depth. Myself, well i love the wolves, feared, misunderstood, loyal, family oriented, observing, soul shaking creatures. I do not enjoy watching them eat.
Hey! If you're gonna love the wolves, you gotta want them to eat. I wonder if they catch bunnies now and then. I know they can work together and bring down a baby caribou. Owls can catch rabbits too.

Hey! Critters gotta eat!
Really this critter/republican things is not meant to be taken to personal. I do not hate anyone, and i don't believe anyone hates me or that i have any enemies other then a thumbtack. I'm friendly and willing to listen or hear anyone, just as long as they behave the same.
Everything is taken personally. We each personally infer something from what you imply and either respond to it or not. Introductions have a way of being dissected like no other posts. Just be glad you didn't complain about the use of emoticons.:razz: :clap2: :tongue: :eusa_drool: :redface: :confused: :cool: :eusa_hand: :eusa_whistle: :( :eusa_liar: :evil: :cuckoo: :doubt: :eusa_pray: :eusa_angel: :eusa_shhh: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

The bell shaped curve is alive and well at USMB.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. Be not afraid of the pin pricks and downright loony bastards that will denigrate and ridicule your comments in certain forums...most of them. Name calling is permitted and adolescence prevails where anonymity enables.

Vote Republican next time around...for a real change!!!

Hey, BridgieBridge....you're okay by me...no matter what they say!

Last edited:
I'll have to disagree. The hazing that goes on in intro threads is an important tool to allow posters to test newbies to see if their skin is paperthin, or if they are so high on themselves that they have to be knocked down.

We can name many posters who entered the board like a beaten dog and very viciously lashed out at everyone who poked them. While there are many others who can take the jabs in stride.

The latter people fit in much better around these parts.

I disagree. I did not come in here on a high horse, and i would not like to think that EVERYONE does. Sure, some do. For others though, who knows this could be their very first forum. And rather pounce on them for something they said that i may or may have not liked, i prefer to hear them out. Bc how they feel about one thing maybe very different from another, and i would like to hear allof their opinions, after all that's why i'm here. So i tend to be delicate with new people, bc i want them to engage enough and like a place enough to stay and dish it out with those that don't want to listen to their side. So i think it's very important, to give everyone a fair respective Welcome. The internet is not only FOR THOSE WITH THICK SKIN, and THOSE WITH THIN SKIN have just as great point of views and arguments at times, as the thick skinned do. So MAY ALL SKIN BE WELCOMED! :tongue:

Sorry hun, when we come out as nube-rubes with "I am open minded but hate republicans" or some such, it begs a raucous reply.

When we bring "political yabber-jabber" to our own intro forum, "political yabber-jabber" might be in reply.

First i really do think you should correct yourself, i did not say " i hate republicans", i said republicans don't like me. It was a thoughtful funny way of giving you a brief description on my character, or at least i thought so. It was simply i am this and not that, it was my intro. So yabber jabber that.

First i really do think you should correct yourself, i did not say " i hate republicans", i said republicans don't like me. It was a thoughtful funny way of giving you a brief description on my character, or at least i thought so. It was simply i am this and not that, it was my intro. So yabber jabber that.
Did I say "or some such?"

Yes.

Your thin skin is showing.

Forum List

Back