Bridges to nowhere and New Orleans dikes

bush lover

Feb 18, 2005
Why does Alaska get $250 million dollars for a bridge to serve 50 people, while a dike system to protect 1.3 million people gets its funding cut? Congress can spend millions for museums in a highway bill but next to nothing to repair levies? Is it really any wonder why taxpayers are angry about their money being wasted by incompetent, corrupt and downright stupid politicians? A lousy 20 million bucks to fix the dikes gets CUT - but now we gotta pay billions to fix the mess! My goodness, what dreadful incompetence and mouth-dropping stupidity. We should vote the whole bunch out of Congress next election and cancel their lucrative pensions and benefits.
Appallingly stupid morons.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...15.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

bush lover said:
Why does Alaska get $250 million dollars for a bridge to serve 50 people, while a dike system to protect 1.3 million people gets its funding cut? Congress can spend millions for museums in a highway bill but next to nothing to repair levies? Is it really any wonder why taxpayers are angry about their money being wasted by incompetent, corrupt and downright stupid politicians? A lousy 20 million bucks to fix the dikes gets CUT - but now we gotta pay billions to fix the mess! My goodness, what dreadful incompetence and mouth-dropping stupidity. We should vote the whole bunch out of Congress next election and cancel their lucrative pensions and benefits.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...15.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Classic pork barrel spending----I even seriously question rebuilding New Orleans in it's present location. Maybe the money would be spent better buy rebuilding it in an area that is safer and more sensible the below sea level--new ports--new canals--the whole shebang.

bush lover said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that someone named Bush lover created a thread about dikes in New Orleans?

Mr. P said:
And if they do, can you imagine the insurance rates after this? :eek2:

No joke---the place is a burning flooded rotting sewer---they gotta pump all that water OUT of the fricken place, bulldoze it and sanitize before they can even start to rebuild---I hope they are thinking several times before they take any action here.

Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that someone named Bush lover created a thread about dikes in New Orleans?
Some of us are way too old or way too young to get the pun

dilloduck said:
No joke---the place is a burning flooded rotting sewer---they gotta pump all that water OUT of the fricken place, bulldoze it and sanitize before they can even start to rebuild---I hope they are thinking several times before they take any action here.

In order to take some action there needs to be some sort of leadership. I dont see the governor or mayor really stepping up to the plate. The President can't really do much at this point but organize some relief, but he isnt on the ground and cant do much leadership from there. Besides he has other issues in the country to deal with as well.

So until some leader imerges, this is not going to be thought out or planned and whats worse there is going to be no action on it.

In order to take some action there needs to be some sort of leadership. I dont see the governor or mayor really stepping up to the plate. The President can't really do much at this point but organize some relief, but he isnt on the ground and cant do much leadership from there. Besides he has other issues in the country to deal with as well.

So until some leader imerges, this is not going to be thought out or planned and whats worse there is going to be no action on it.

Absolutely right--a total collpase by the leadership-their Govenor is CLUELESS. The dems got thier woman in there and now when it comes for her to actually DO something--NADA.

CSM said:
Some of us are way too old or way too young to get the pun

I'm so confused about the meaning here? Is this some sort of double entendre? LOL

Forum List

Back