"Bridgegate" update/s

Fun little bubble gum popper from a December 9th article on the (mostly local at that point) Bridgegate story.

"At perhaps the strangest turn in the legislative hearing, the chairman of the Transportation Committee, Assemblyman John Wisniewski, a Democrat, pressed the Port Authority’s executive director, Patrick J. Foye, to say whether it was possible that the police officer who had overseen the moving of the cones that closed the lanes — a man named Captain Licorice, though no one who testified could verify the spelling of his name — had been given a promotion as a reward for staying silent about the whole operation. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/10/nyregion/clues-but-no-full-account-of-order-that-turned-a-new-jersey-town-into-a-parking-lot.html

Yes, the guy who was actually workin' the cones was...Captain Licorice.

Why is an issue in "New Jersey" national news????

That damn road has nothing to do with me.

Scandals with Libya, F&F, the IRS, etc...affect me.

Even if the fatfuck of NJ lied about the off ramps, who gives a shit. Let his state arrest him and get it off the front page.

Even if the fatfuck of NJ lied about the off ramps, who gives a shit. Let his state arrest him and get it off the front page.

Whether or not it needs to be national news, I do not know, but whenever a government official (who may or may not be a leading contender for the White House) may be involved in an abuse of power scandal, I want to know about it.

And What makes it "national news"? I submit what makes it national news is the fact that information from any region is extremely easy to get via the internet these days.

Immie

Ok...it is national news, but it isn't a "national scandal."

Christie fucking over a city in NJ is something his state should handle and possibly the Feds if it is an interstate highway.

The reason why this is highlighted is because the liberal media is trying to claim he is the #1 GOP nominee in the nation and proof the Democraps should be re-elected next election. Nevermind Obama did the same thing to Vets visiting DC during the shutdown....

Whether or not it needs to be national news, I do not know, but whenever a government official (who may or may not be a leading contender for the White House) may be involved in an abuse of power scandal, I want to know about it.

And What makes it "national news"? I submit what makes it national news is the fact that information from any region is extremely easy to get via the internet these days.

Immie

Ok...it is national news, but it isn't a "national scandal."

Christie fucking over a city in NJ is something his state should handle and possibly the Feds if it is an interstate highway.

The reason why this is highlighted is because the liberal media is trying to claim he is the #1 GOP nominee in the nation and proof the Democraps should be re-elected next election. Nevermind Obama did the same thing to Vets visiting DC during the shutdown....

Immie

Would you agree that it is a "national scandal" if it becomes known that Christie had knowledge of this before it happened and/or ordered/authorized it?

IMHO it would then be a scandal.

Immie

Jesus H Tap Dancing Christ...

This was nothing more than a case of one politico (directly or indirectly) screwing with another for a couple of days...

It was a goddamned lane-closure, not the selling of national defense secrets or something...

Goddamn, people, get a frigging grip...

Politicians screw with each other all the time, with lightweight stuff like this, over such reasons, and lesser...

The Liberal Lamestream Media got its panties in a bunch because some old gal died while stuck in a traffic jam or waiting for an ambulance or something like that...

Sometimes, bad jokes and nasty tricks take a tragic turn, as seems to have happened here...

Even if Christie DID know about it in advance... it's a flea... a pimple... a gnat...

Mind you, if he LIED during the course of his public statement, then he's screwed...

But if he's telling the truth, then there's not much more behind this than the LibProgs looking to hose a potential GOP Presidential contender for 2016...

A 'preemptive strike', Liberal style...

And, as we've all come to understand, Libs can be just as nasty as Cons, when you get right down to it. Lib protests to the contrary notwithstanding...

Last edited:
Its a sign that as a leader, he cant even keep his own staff under control, how could he keep America under control?

Hes a RINO liberal anyway, already snuggled up with the Muslim in Chief.

We need a REAL Tea Party Republican to lead this nation, not this fat RINO liberal.

Im glad his campaign is ending.

Cruz/Paul 2016!

Its a sign that as a leader, he cant even keep his own staff under control, how could he keep America under control? Hes a RINO liberal anyway, already snuggled up with the Muslim in Chief. We need a REAL Tea Party Republican to lead this nation, not this fat RINO liberal. Im glad his campaign is ending. Cruz/Paul 2016!
Any ticket that includes a 'Paul' is predestined to fail.

ummm..... except that is what my thread is about :eusa_eh: A potential candidate for Pres involved in petty partisan thuggery is important. The bridge is also the busiest bridge in this great nation so yes, its a big deal sport.

Last edited:
Scum like you are pushing this as headline news to cover up obamacare and to dupe dumb voters that Christie was the GOP best hope against Clinton.

People in Kansas, Florida, California, etc don't give a crap about Christie.

ummm..... except that is what my thread is about :eusa_eh: A potential candidate for Pres involved in petty partisan thuggery is important. The bridge is also the busiest bridge in this great nation so yes, its a big deal sport.

Scum like you are pushing this as headline news to cover up obamacare and to dupe dumb voters that Christie was the GOP best hope against Clinton.

People in Kansas, Florida, California, etc don't give a crap about Christie.

maybe not at this moment BUT if he were to win your Primaries then yes, it would matter to them sport. Why do I have to lead you people by the hand to the meaning of threads? :eusa_wall:

Last edited:
[

The only way things would get that bad is if we put the government in charge of the economy. The more the government is in charge the worse it is

Look a the USA today, most government control ever and we have the most poverty ever.

Well done, Komrade!

Are you like a resident of Bizarro World?

Ite really exactly the opposite.

We allowed free trade, deregulation, union busting and letting the wealthy run amok,

And we got the worst recession in 80 years.

We got the worst recession in 80 years because the government decided they know how to underwrite mortgages

No, we got the worst recession in 80 years because banks decided to ride an overinflated housing market.

Here's the thing. Of the 25 banks that failed, only one wrote CRA loans.

This is a thread about the Christie controversy

You are welcome to start threads on the others......you will probably be the first

This was nothing more than a case of one politico (directly or indirectly) screwing with another for a couple of days...

It was a goddamned lane-closure, not the selling of national defense secrets or something...

Politicians screw with each other all the time, with lightweight stuff like this, over such reasons, and lesser...

The Liberal Lamestream Media got its panties in a bunch because some old gal died while stuck in a traffic jam or waiting for an ambulance or something like that...

Sometimes, bad jokes and nasty tricks take a tragic turn, as seems to have happened here...

Even if Christie DID know about it in advance... it's a flea... a pimple... a gnat...

Mind you, if he LIED during the course of his public statement, then he's screwed...

But if he's telling the truth, then there's not much more behind this than the LibProgs looking to hose a potential GOP Presidential contender for 2016...

And, as we've all come to understand, Libs can be just as nasty as Cons, when you get right down to it. Lib protests to the contrary notwithstanding...

Here's the problem.

A woman died while waiting for an ambulance. That's when it moves up from "Political dirty trick" and up to "Major Scandal".

Christie's Presidential Ambitions are done. He'll be lucky if he gets to serve out the balance of his term.

Here's the problem.

A woman died while waiting for an ambulance. That's when it moves up from "Political dirty trick" and up to "Major Scandal".

Christie's Presidential Ambitions are done. He'll be lucky if he gets to serve out the balance of his term.

Wrong, it moves to major scandal when or if it becomes known that Chris Christie used his political weight (pun intended) as retribution. The death of the woman is an additional tragedy. But, if he abused his power we, the American populace, should hold him accountable for it.

Well in my humble opinion that is.

Immie

Here's the problem.

That is inaccurate. The woman did not die while waiting for the ambulance. She died after she got to the hospital.

It's a horrible thing for someone's staff to screw around like that for political reasons. But get the story straight.

Last edited:

Here's the problem.

That is inaccurate. The woman did not die while waiting for the ambulance. She died after she got to the hospital.

It's a horrible thing for someone's staff to screw around like that for political reasons. But get the story straight.

A minor quibble. She needed to get to the hospital didn't in a timely manner and she died.

I'm just not seeing how Christie weasels his way out of this one.

Immie

I'm sure then that you would be equally curious about this one.
Hillary Clinton adviser started an election-day traffic jam | The Daily Caller

Forum List

Back