Bridge on the River Kwai Republicans.....nevertrumpers should watch this movie...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The Bridge on the River Kwai is a movie about a Japanese P.O.W. camp. Alec Guiness plays the commanding officer who, for the sake of the prisoners, begins to build a bridge for the Japanese across the river Kwai...a strategically important bridge....and at the end of the movie...he moves to protect the bridge from destruction...by British Commandos sent to destroy it....to defeat the real enemy, the Japanese....

He does this in order to preserve unit morale and integrity......loosing the sight that he is in fact putting his unit over the goal of defeating the actual enemy.....and undermining the effort to defeat them...

And this is why I think the NeverTrumpers are just like Alec Guiness......

Listening to George Will....and Krauthammer and others, they all say that if Trump gets elected he will undermine the Republican party....which we need they say as a bastion of conservative principals......and so they will defend the party....by allowing hilary to win. Will even says we need to fight to help Trump lose in all 50 states.......

This sort of thinking is nuts.......

There will be no Republican party if hilary wins....her Supreme Court will allow the illegal immigration that is damaging the country ( I said "ILLEGAL" immigration, not legal immigration which I support), gun rights will be gone as will religious freedom and campaign finance laws will be destroyed to allow democrats and their minions to raise money and everyone else will be silenced...

Being blind, and believing that 4 years of Trump will damage the conservative brand vs. 8 years of hilary destroying the actual country......there is no choice in this......even if you hate Trump, you must vote against hilary....Trump will be boxed in by the establishment who seems to hate him.....hilary will have all the democrats behind her as she finishes off the country.....

The day after the election, if hilary wins, the NeverTrumpers will face themselves in this scene from The Bridge on the River Kwai...

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-8_8-15-27.png
    upload_2016-5-8_8-15-27.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 84
But but but..the guns. Right wingers have their guns. Things will be fine when hillary is elected.

Don't worry, be happy, go shoot something.

Dick Tiny, this is why you should probably stick to reposting NRA talking points.

The problem that conservatives have with Trump is that he isn't really a conservative, and worse, he will damage the party's image. It took the Democrats decades to shake off the hippy image of George McGovern. Republicans have never recovered from Goldwater's opposition to civil rights.

Trump is going to, the only question is, how much of his shit are you going to let him splatter on the rest of you.

There will be no Republican party if hilary wins....her Supreme Court will allow the illegal immigration that is damaging the country ( I said "ILLEGAL" immigration, not legal immigration which I support), gun rights will be gone as will religious freedom and campaign finance laws will be destroyed to allow democrats and their minions to raise money and everyone else will be silenced...

YOu see, I'm really not sure how you are going to be able to say this.

Even if Hillary Wins, Republicans will still control the House, most of the governships and state legislatures, and they have a fairly good chance of retaining the Senate.

Even if they lose the Senate, they will take in back in 2018, because the Democrats will have too many red state seats in play.

As for your imaginary gun rights, the absolute worst the Supreme COurt can do is admit that Heller was decided wrongly. Okay. That just puts the issue back in the legislatures. I mean, you might have to actually argue to sensible people why Killer Clowns should be able to buy machine guns and 100 round clips. (Seriously, good luck with that), but it's not like we are going to outlaw guns overnight, exactly.

Dick Tiny, this is why you should probably stick to reposting NRA talking points.

The problem that conservatives have with Trump is that he isn't really a conservative, and worse, he will damage the party's image. It took the Democrats decades to shake off the hippy image of George McGovern. Republicans have never recovered from Goldwater's opposition to civil rights.

Trump is going to, the only question is, how much of his shit are you going to let him splatter on the rest of you.

Moron....Goldwater was not opposed to civil rights.....you guys keep lying about him and the democrats in the press allow you too....Goldwater was a Civil Rights pioneer....moron......

Counting on Ms Clinton being not only elected but re-elected seems to say that the will of the people is against the speaker's point.
Personally, it will probably be third party time again in November.

The Bridge on the River Kwai is a movie about a Japanese P.O.W. camp. Alec Guiness plays the commanding officer who, for the sake of the prisoners, begins to build a bridge for the Japanese across the river Kwai...a strategically important bridge....and at the end of the movie...he moves to protect the bridge from destruction...by British Commandos sent to destroy it....to defeat the real enemy, the Japanese....

He does this in order to preserve unit morale and integrity......loosing the sight that he is in fact putting his unit over the goal of defeating the actual enemy.....and undermining the effort to defeat them...

And this is why I think the NeverTrumpers are just like Alec Guiness......

Listening to George Will....and Krauthammer and others, they all say that if Trump gets elected he will undermine the Republican party....which we need they say as a bastion of conservative principals......and so they will defend the party....by allowing hilary to win. Will even says we need to fight to help Trump lose in all 50 states.......

This sort of thinking is nuts.......

Being blind, and believing that 4 years of Trump will damage the conservative brand vs. 8 years of hilary destroying the actual country......there is no choice in this......even if you hate Trump, you must vote against hilary....Trump will be boxed in by the establishment who seems to hate him.....hilary will have all the democrats behind her as she finishes off the country.....

The day after the election, if hilary wins, the NeverTrumpers will face themselves in this scene from The Bridge on the River Kwai...

. Hmmm, if Trump did all this to ensure Hillary the win, then everything is going as planned, and there will be nothing anyone can do to stop what is happening now. Let's hope this isn't what is happening, but if it was then it was genius. Would Trump stand to profit more under a Democrat presidency or would he best profit being the President himself ? He has lost alot of money and reputation in all of this, and has had some huge negative exposure, so if he was a Democrat plant, then how dumb was he to have done such s thing just to give it to Hillary if that was the plan all along ? Wouldn't make sense would it ? Now if he wasn't a plant, then he has shown just how tough a guy he can be when he wants to win, and win at all cost.

Trump has got my vote because he wants to zero out the personal income tax. I'm happy with that because it could begin the dismantling of the income tax completely. I also like the fact that I pay zero percent income tax on paycheck.

Defeating hilary is the most important point for me......4 years of Trump will at least have checks on his power.....8 years of hilary......the democrats will support her all the way........kiss religious freedom, campaign finance, gun rights, and illegal immigration right out the window.......and our foreign policy? The British will either be speaking Russian, as directed by Putin, or they will be required to pray 5 times a day.......

I was surprised at Krauthmmer's obvious hatred for Trump. A couple of years ago almost everyone knew that McCain's timid campaign was bound to lose but the bastions of conservative thinking like Krauthmmer were satisfied that an establishment republican was running and apparently they didn't care who won. Is it possible that some so-called "bastions of conservative principals" are in it for the money and prestige and they don't give a damn about "conservative principals" or the republican party?

Moron....Goldwater was not opposed to civil rights.....you guys keep lying about him and the democrats in the press allow you too....Goldwater was a Civil Rights pioneer....moron......

He was against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

That gained him 6% of the black vote (which the GOP hasn't improved on much since) when they had previously been able to rely on about 36% of the black vote.

It gained him the support of the five most Bubba-Redneck states in the South. The ones that have voted reliably republican ever since.

Don't worry, Trump will do the same for you with Hispanics.

Defeating hilary is the most important point for me......4 years of Trump will at least have checks on his power.....8 years of hilary......the democrats will support her all the way........kiss religious freedom, campaign finance, gun rights, and illegal immigration right out the window.......and our foreign policy? The British will either be speaking Russian, as directed by Putin, or they will be required to pray 5 times a day.......

Dick Tiny, did you spend most of 2008 making these kinds of predictions?

Okay, let's look at your laundry list, shall we?

religious freedom? Is Hillary going to make Christianity illegal? Or is she just going to appoint judges that say you can't use your Imaginary Friend in the Sky as an excuse to discriminate?

Campaign Finance- Uh, yeah, here's the thing, after this year, it's not like the Koch Brothers are going to piss away more candidates like they did this year. I'm not sure why you are so keen on letting rich people buy politicians.

Gun rights- No great loss.

Illegal Immigration- again, both parties want immigration reform because what we are doing isn't working.

and suddenly you are concerned about the gun-grabbing British?

Forum List

Back