Brian Williams Death Penalty QUestion

Call it what you want. It doesn't change the fact that we endorse government sanctioned killings of prisoners. Most of the world looks at it as barbaric and do not ask "why can't we be more like the United States?"

We will gradually recognize the death penalty for what it is......biblical, eye for an eye vengeance
Wrong on all counts as usual wingdingy. Murderous thugs are given a trial and found guilty and sentenced to death and given the opportunity to appeal. But thug loving libtards like you lie and say that it is putting prisoners to death, stop lying idiot.

So in your opinion not one innocent person was ever put to death?

Who has been wrongfully put to death ?

It is justice, not vengeance. But your hyperbole is entertaining.

Call it what you want. It doesn't change the fact that we endorse government sanctioned killings of prisoners. Most of the world looks at it as barbaric and do not ask "why can't we be more like the United States?"We will gradually recognize the death penalty for what it is......biblical, eye for an eye vengeance

Furthermore....exactly how many Americans say "why cant we be more like X country"...and what country is that? And what country do you say you wish we were more like?

I hope you are now seeing how empty that statement of yours is.
Study: Most Americans want wealth distribution similar to Sweden | The Raw Story
The PDF of that study is at: http://www.people.hbs.edu/mnorton/norton ariely in press.pdf

92 percent prefer Swedish model to US model when given a choice

Americans generally underestimate the degree of income inequality in the United States, and if given a choice, would distribute wealth in a similar way to the social democracies of Scandinavia, a new study finds.

For decades, polls have shown that a plurality of Americans -- around 40 percent -- consider themselves conservative, while only around 20 percent self-identify as liberals. But a new study from two noted economists casts doubt on what values lie beneath those political labels.

According to research (PDF) carried out by Michael I. Norton of Harvard Business School and Dan Ariely of Duke University, and flagged by Paul Kedrosky at the Infectious Greed blog, 92 percent of Americans would choose to live in a society with far less income disparity than the US, choosing Sweden's model over that of the US.

What's more, the study's authors say that this applies to people of all income levels and all political leanings: The poor and the rich, Democrats and Republicans are all equally likely to choose the Swedish model.
<more>

Last edited:
Wrong on all counts as usual wingdingy. Murderous thugs are given a trial and found guilty and sentenced to death and given the opportunity to appeal. But thug loving libtards like you lie and say that it is putting prisoners to death, stop lying idiot.

Executed But Possibly Innocent | Death Penalty Information Center

Cameron Willingham Texas Convicted: 1992, Executed: 2004
After examining evidence from the capital prosecution of Cameron Willingham, four national arson experts have concluded that the original investigation of Willingham's case was flawed, and it is possible the fire was accidental. The independent investigation, reported by the Chicago Tribune, found that prosecutors and arson investigators used arson theories that have since been repudiated by scientific advances. Willingham was executed in 2004 in Texas despite his consistent claims of innocence. He was convicted of murdering his three children in a 1991 house fire.

How Many Innocent Inmates Are Executed? | Section of Individual Rights and Responsibilities

15 People Who Were Jailed and/or Executed, Then Found Innocent | Raw Justice

10 Convicts Presumed Innocent After Execution

So, when you going to post an innocent Skull Pilot? Most of those extending this possibility are related to Death Penalty opponent groups. Independent? Not hardly.

So, when you going to post an innocent Skull Pilot? Most of those extending this possibility are related to Death Penalty opponent groups. Independent? Not hardly.

So none of the people featured in any of the links i provided were innocent because you don't like the source?

Last edited:

After examining evidence from the capital prosecution of Cameron Willingham, four national arson experts have concluded that the original investigation of Willingham's case was flawed, and it is possible the fire was accidental. The independent investigation, reported by the Chicago Tribune, found that prosecutors and arson investigators used arson theories that have since been repudiated by scientific advances. Willingham was executed in 2004 in Texas despite his consistent claims of innocence. He was convicted of murdering his three children in a 1991 house fire.

How Many Innocent Inmates Are Executed? | Section of Individual Rights and Responsibilities

All opinion from opposition groups. They had all there appeals, and all rights were considered. And notice the last one there, the word is "presumed" not "found" innocent. They were presumed innocent before there trial, and found guilty after. Its the law.

It shouldn't be the governments decision in either case.
It isn't, it is the decision of the jury, or otherwise PEOPLE. Libtards are just plain stupid.

Right. The judicial system isn't part of government.

:thup:

Fucktard.

Translation..

"oh shit...what a great point he made and now my back is against the wall...so I will now insert the old "government is by the people" to throw things off"

Listen up ...the point is that it is not the elected government making the decision...it is the jury of the defendants peers.

All opinion from opposition groups. They had all there appeals, and all rights were considered. And notice the last one there, the word is "presumed" not "found" innocent. They were presumed innocent before there trial, and found guilty after. Its the law.

In the case of Willingham in TX the conviction was found to be unsupportable. Obviously mistakes were made.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/09/07/090907fa_fact_grann

Employees of the government carry out the sentences.
Yes....and they also mandate the punishments.

So the government is merely the contract killer told to kill by the "people"
That's one way of looking at it. I don't really separate "the people" from "the government" so in my opinion allowing the government to kill people is a huge overreach. Even if one could be 100% certain of guilt.

It isn't, it is the decision of the jury, or otherwise PEOPLE. Libtards are just plain stupid.

Fucktard.

Translation..

"oh shit...what a great point he made and now my back is against the wall...so I will now insert the old "government is by the people" to throw things off"

Listen up ...the point is that it is not the elected government making the decision...it is the jury of the defendants peers.
Juries are part of the judicial system, a system of government. They do not write laws, mandate punishments, etc. They simply, within governmental guidelines, decide guilt and if ALLOWED to by the GOVERNMENT assign punishment.

Yes....and they also mandate the punishments.

So the government is merely the contract killer told to kill by the "people"
That's one way of looking at it. I don't really separate "the people" from "the government" so in my opinion allowing the government to kill people is a huge overreach. Even if one could be 100% certain of guilt.

Then I guess we should all hold ourselves as responsible for the war crimes the left allege were commited by our government (we, the people) during the Bush administration

Fucktard.

Translation..

Juries are part of the judicial system, a system of government. They do not write laws, mandate punishments, etc. They simply, within governmental guidelines, decide guilt and if ALLOWED to by the GOVERNMENT assign punishment.

the government does not decide the death penalty.
It only ensures it is carried out.

Forum List

Back