Brexit busted.

Hey Limey, get your fat ass to bed. Its late and your cognitive abilities have failed you once again.

This 'Limey' shames us other Limeys.

Fact is that we voted for, and will obtain, our freedom from a bureaucratic, largely undemocratic control-freaking colossus. One moving towards so-called 'SuperState' status, in which all its member States must march to the beat of the Brussels drum. No freedom to do otherwise.

Here's the truth. The UK, until it formally cuts ties with the EU, will have to maintain porous borders, meaning that 50 percent of all immigration is out of its control. This is unacceptable, and our electorate found it to be. They acted accordingly.

More ... the EU is a house of cards waiting to be toppled. Greece, with its small economy, nonetheless gave the EU a major headache not too long ago. Similar, but rather larger 'headaches' can be expected when other weak economies default in future. I don't believe the EU will ultimately stand up to the enormous pressures this will foist on other EU members ... and we'll see the EU eventually disintegrate.

Happily, we'll have got out in time. I believe the UK's long-term future is the brightest one of all on my part of the planet !

Really? The £ in freefall, the equivalent of 15 years EU contributions wiped off the stock market in a single day, the Brexit lying scum actually having the gall to admit they lied about the how they'd pend the £350million a day on the NHS (whoever believed that in the first place, is too stupid to be allowed a vote, in my view) amongst other lies they peddled. France overtaking us as the world's 5th largest economy, loosing our AAA credit rating....and we haven't formally said we're leaving yet.

Long term, macro-economically, means a periond of around 7-10 years, that added to the 2 year exit, means we're looking at 9-12 years of chaos and "super-austerity", with no guarentee of things improving after that time. That brightness you see on this particular part of the planet is the flash of the nuclear explosion, just before the fireball engulfs not only you, but the next generation.

Add to that the fact that Brexiters are crawling out from whatever rocks they came from and sayind "I didn't mean it" makes me ashamed of my fellow countrymen and how monumentaly stupid they've been.

The Bregretters! Meet the voters who wish they'd chosen to remain

I voted for Brexit - and now I realise what a terrible mistake I made

I don't know for certain either way on the entire thing, but I have to laugh at your post for a different reason.

It's funny how people run around "Democracy!" this, and "Democracy" that, and it's democracy wonderful, and isn't democracy fantastic, and democracy will fix everything.

Then you get the democracy you want.... and all of a sudden.... "whoever believed that in the first place, is too stupid to be allowed a vote, in my view". Suddenly you shouldn't have democracy if you believe that! And "ashamed of my fellow countrymen" who engaged in Democracy.

Funny how that works. Democracy is great and wonderful and perfect, and the solution to all problems, until.... they vote against you, and then how dare they, how stupid of them, how dumb the public is. They shouldn't have Democracy.

Dude... this is democracy. You are getting what you asked for. The public spoke. Power to the people man. That's how democracy works.
They lied about the major part of their campaign. That is not democracy it is fascism. Another referendum will happen in a couple of years. Hopefully by then people will actually understand the real consequences.

There won't be another referendum in two years, it'll be far too late by then.
Nah, there is a long way to go yet. None of the detail has been worked through yet. As the full horror unfolds people will rethink.

Fact is that we voted for, and will obtain, our freedom from a bureaucratic, largely undemocratic control-freaking colossus. One moving towards so-called 'SuperState' status, in which all its member States must march to the beat of the Brussels drum. No freedom to do otherwise.

Here's the truth. The UK, until it formally cuts ties with the EU, will have to maintain porous borders, meaning that 50 percent of all immigration is out of its control. This is unacceptable, and our electorate found it to be. They acted accordingly.

More ... the EU is a house of cards waiting to be toppled. Greece, with its small economy, nonetheless gave the EU a major headache not too long ago. Similar, but rather larger 'headaches' can be expected when other weak economies default in future. I don't believe the EU will ultimately stand up to the enormous pressures this will foist on other EU members ... and we'll see the EU eventually disintegrate.

Happily, we'll have got out in time. I believe the UK's long-term future is the brightest one of all on my part of the planet !

Really? The £ in freefall, the equivalent of 15 years EU contributions wiped off the stock market in a single day, the Brexit lying scum actually having the gall to admit they lied about the how they'd pend the £350million a day on the NHS (whoever believed that in the first place, is too stupid to be allowed a vote, in my view) amongst other lies they peddled. France overtaking us as the world's 5th largest economy, loosing our AAA credit rating....and we haven't formally said we're leaving yet.

Long term, macro-economically, means a periond of around 7-10 years, that added to the 2 year exit, means we're looking at 9-12 years of chaos and "super-austerity", with no guarentee of things improving after that time. That brightness you see on this particular part of the planet is the flash of the nuclear explosion, just before the fireball engulfs not only you, but the next generation.

Add to that the fact that Brexiters are crawling out from whatever rocks they came from and sayind "I didn't mean it" makes me ashamed of my fellow countrymen and how monumentaly stupid they've been.

I don't know for certain either way on the entire thing, but I have to laugh at your post for a different reason.

It's funny how people run around "Democracy!" this, and "Democracy" that, and it's democracy wonderful, and isn't democracy fantastic, and democracy will fix everything.

Then you get the democracy you want.... and all of a sudden.... "whoever believed that in the first place, is too stupid to be allowed a vote, in my view". Suddenly you shouldn't have democracy if you believe that! And "ashamed of my fellow countrymen" who engaged in Democracy.

Funny how that works. Democracy is great and wonderful and perfect, and the solution to all problems, until.... they vote against you, and then how dare they, how stupid of them, how dumb the public is. They shouldn't have Democracy.

Dude... this is democracy. You are getting what you asked for. The public spoke. Power to the people man. That's how democracy works.
They lied about the major part of their campaign. That is not democracy it is fascism. Another referendum will happen in a couple of years. Hopefully by then people will actually understand the real consequences.

Nah, there is a long way to go yet. None of the detail has been worked through yet. As the full horror unfolds people will rethink.

They'll prefer to be ruled by the EU, rather than have their own freedom ?

Still trotting out the lies I see. Not much freedom for people without jobs or unable to retire.

Still trotting out the lies I see. Not much freedom for people without jobs or unable to retire.

I asked you this question: 'They'll prefer to be ruled by the EU, rather than have their own freedom ?'. Do you have a proper reply for me, rather than something snide ?

Then again ... how many times have I asked you to give an estimate of where the numbers of immigrants here reach too great a number. Unless you do choose to reply, I'd have to assume your view was that we take an infinite number. Which of course is ridiculous ... YET ... consistent with the way the EU acted ....

If UK/Britain does not leave EU now then it will look pretty pathetic. EU will then truly treat UK/Britain like a b****. It is time for UK/Britain to find a leader with balls who can invoke Article 50 or whatever that is and speed up the separation process.

The worst mistake the UK could make now is to turn back. Yes, it is going to be a little rough going for a bit... that shouldn't be unexpected, did you think everything would be awesome?

The British people voted for freedom from EU tyranny.

I suspect a large percentage actually voted "leave" just to spite Cameron; nothing to to with the EU. Apart from the "little Englanders" dreaming of a "green and pleasant land" free from a "tyranny" that never existed, most voters hadn't got a clue as to what they were voting for, or against as demonstrated by Google after the result.

I suspect a large percentage actually voted "leave" just to spite Cameron; nothing to to with the EU. Apart from the "little Englanders" dreaming of a "green and pleasant land" free from a "tyranny" that never existed, most voters hadn't got a clue as to what they were voting for, or against as demonstrated by Google after the result.

I think that might have been all the people who were so cocksure Brexit was dead.

From the left wing Financial Times. The UK will return to what it was before, a backwater.

"Britain joined what was then the European Economic Community in 1973 as the sick man of Europe. By the late 1960s, France, West Germany and Italy — the three founder members closest in size to the UK — produced more per person than it did and the gap grew larger every year. Between 1958, when the EEC was set up, and Britain’s entry in 1973, gross domestic product per head rose 95 per cent in these three countries compared with only 50 per cent in Britain.

After becoming an EEC member, Britain slowly began to catch up. Gross domestic product per person has grown faster than Italy, Germany and France in the 42 years since. By 2013, Britain became more prosperous than the average of the three other large European economies for the first time since 1965.

Professor Nauro Campos of Brunel University has estimated how Britain would have fared if it had not joined the common market. He and his colleagues found the best approximation to Britain’s pre-1973 economic performance to be a combination of New Zealand and Argentina, which like the UK fell behind the US and continental Europe."

What has the EU done for the UK? - FT.com

From the left wing Financial Times. The UK will return to what it was before, a backwater.

"Britain joined what was then the European Economic Community in 1973 as the sick man of Europe. By the late 1960s, France, West Germany and Italy — the three founder members closest in size to the UK — produced more per person than it did and the gap grew larger every year. Between 1958, when the EEC was set up, and Britain’s entry in 1973, gross domestic product per head rose 95 per cent in these three countries compared with only 50 per cent in Britain.

After becoming an EEC member, Britain slowly began to catch up. Gross domestic product per person has grown faster than Italy, Germany and France in the 42 years since. By 2013, Britain became more prosperous than the average of the three other large European economies for the first time since 1965.

Professor Nauro Campos of Brunel University has estimated how Britain would have fared if it had not joined the common market. He and his colleagues found the best approximation to Britain’s pre-1973 economic performance to be a combination of New Zealand and Argentina, which like the UK fell behind the US and continental Europe."

You're overlooking a key component in your analysis, it seems to me.

Calling us 'The sick man of Europe' was a reasonable description, back then in 1973. And, just two years later, we suffered a massive 26 percent inflation rate.

What made us that 'Sick man of Europe' came down to just one basic thing ... union militancy. Strike after strike was seen in our society. You see, our problem never has been that we are incapable of doing well, pulling our weight, prospering ... it's been one of Leftieism choosing to put a spanner in the works, courtesy of unrestrained militancy.

Well, that was before Margaret Thatcher set about passing laws which did restrain Trade Unions. These are laws that have never been repealed. So ... in a UK society NOT beset by such wrecking activities, I'm confident that we will prosper outside of the EU, and do a great job of it.

Here's another thought for you.

Consider that, in the run-up to the last General Election, all the polls consistently pointed to our having a 'hung Parliament', the expected outcome, another Coalition Government. Poll after poll said the same thing. They never varied.

What actually happened, of course, was that the Conservatives did far better than expected, obtained their working majority, and so went on to form their own Government, 'un-partnered' by any other Party.

I think the factor that nobody took into consideration was the Conservatives' promise to hold a Referendum, should they win. Labour refused to make any such promise. The LibDems were clearly, themselves, committed to Europe. ONLY the Conservatives offered an alternative. That alternative swung victory towards the Conservatives .. was responsible for it.

'Brexit', I believe, was always more popular than anyone believed, including Cameron and his people. This remained a missing factor in everyone's calculations, with the result we've now seen - Brexit a reality, many reacting with shock at the fact of a clear majority wanting to quit the EU.

Summarising, I think you're entirely wrong about people wanting to 'spite' Cameron .. Brexit has been wanted for a long time, and people seized the opportunity Cameron gave them to vote for it. No spite is, or was, involved .. just the seizing of a much sought-after opportunity, one we'd waited to have for a considerable time.

Strange that between the two critical positions, staying or leaving, the difference is so small.
Too bad for England, Europe and unity.

Maybe Europe should have done their research and saw what the people wanted. You watch the £ bounce back over the next week or so when Europe offers the olive branch

Does this mean you think England will continue to negotiate as in the past with Europe, as exceptional and worthy of special treatment?

And when has it ever done that, all we have asked for is a level playing field and a fair crack of the whip. Not be forced into have an 80% deficit in trade in the EU's favour. Not to be told we cant save our workers jobs because the workers in Europe want our work to keep themselves in a better trading position. Fr5om day one the EU has made it abundantly clear that they tolerated Britain for their money that kept the EU going for the last 15 years. We voted to stay out of the Eurozone and still the EU forced us to prop it up without any return of the money taken. So lets just say that the EU is now facing hardships and possible bankruptcy because they treated Britain appallingly. They deserve all they get

Congratulations to all the britts!! I'm so happy for you!! :beer:
Thank you Freja :beer: I wonder which country will be next?

France or Germany as they wont want to see their cash go down the sink. Some of the Eastern nations are regretting their having joined now and will look at leaving and forming a renegade common market without so many strings.

Far too many people had seen what was happening and were no longer fooled by your stories of the benefits. Seeing the state of the NHS, education, housing and welfare because of increasing migration that was unstoppable. Then watching politicians come back from meeting after meeting with nothing but empty promises. They were thrown a lifeline and clung to it, and now will ride out the storm knowing that they have got control back and that the EU will no longer force us to go against ourselves.IT is you neo marxist scum that have most to lose as your power base is growing smaller, and your vision of a new USSR is fading faster than fake tan

Spamming the board again as you have posted this 6 times on here already. Typical monte troll activity

Here's another thought for you.

Consider that, in the run-up to the last General Election, all the polls consistently pointed to our having a 'hung Parliament', the expected outcome, another Coalition Government. Poll after poll said the same thing. They never varied.

What actually happened, of course, was that the Conservatives did far better than expected, obtained their working majority, and so went on to form their own Government, 'un-partnered' by any other Party.

I think the factor that nobody took into consideration was the Conservatives' promise to hold a Referendum, should they win. Labour refused to make any such promise. The LibDems were clearly, themselves, committed to Europe. ONLY the Conservatives offered an alternative. That alternative swung victory towards the Conservatives .. was responsible for it.

'Brexit', I believe, was always more popular than anyone believed, including Cameron and his people. This remained a missing factor in everyone's calculations, with the result we've now seen - Brexit a reality, many reacting with shock at the fact of a clear majority wanting to quit the EU.

Summarising, I think you're entirely wrong about people wanting to 'spite' Cameron .. Brexit has been wanted for a long time, and people seized the opportunity Cameron gave them to vote for it. No spite is, or was, involved .. just the seizing of a much sought-after opportunity, one we'd waited to have for a considerable time.

You're forgetting UKIP, if Brexit was so popular in the country as you claim, UKIP should have got a much higher proportion of the vote than it did, although post election analysis seemed to indicate UKIP split the Labour vote more than the Tory vote; the Tories managed to maintain their voter base. Of the 46.5 million registered voters in the UK in 2015, only 11.3 million (24%) voted for the Tories (12% voted for UKIP), hardly the ringing endorsement you'd like to believe.

Forum List

Back