BREAKING: Trump fires Comey....YOU'RE FIRED!

I agree outsiders are needed to change Washington but not outsiders to politics and government.

Non sequitur. How can they be outsiders but still be insiders to politics and government?

When I have a problem with my car and the dealership can't solve the problem, I look for an outsider but not a plumber, businessman, or teacher but a mechanic with experience and knowledge of car repair.

Not only are you comparing apples to oranges, but just don't seem to get it! Is it really that hard? No politician comes to office experienced, nor should they or were desired by the Founders (for the third time); there is no school, what makes a successful politician is both leadership, managerial and diplomatic skills, largely born with; you either have it or not. How many presidents have we had that had tons of "experience" but were miserable failures because they lacked the leadership and management skills? So experience is not the central thing.

And someone like Donald applied it to business for many years, and is now applying it to running the nation. No one makes split-second decisions, that is why they have all these positions around them, czars, etc., to consult with, get information, guide them. Donald has far, far more going for him than the so-called "experience" that Barry had after sitting on his hands for two years in the senate. In recent weeks, over the healthcare Bill, Donald has met and made friends with every single person in the Congress. It isn't just what you know and your experience, but how quickly you learn and what you intend to do with it. All the experience in the world is of no help if your head is wrong. Whitehouse staff have already said that there was more going on in the WH during the first four days with Trump than all of Barry's 8 years! Unlike most presidents, Trump is busy every minute of every day. Every single minute. The guy never stops. The guy is probably conducting business while on the commode.

The second thing needed to change Washington is insiders. An outsider may have the general idea as to what's needs to be done but it takes insiders to do it.

Can you say Mike Pence.

Lastly, there needs to be overwhelming support for the leadership because there are both winners and losers when you make major changes. Without a strong mandate from the people, change that is lasting change is impossible.

Well, now you are venturing into pure idealism. You better be a realist if you want to run the country. You have to go with what you have rather than what would be ideal. Or maybe you'd rather have Hillary and her picks for Supreme Court, energy, jobs, foreign relations, and yes, FBI Director. She would have fired Comey too. And would probably be dealing all of the favors out right now that her many secret contributors paid for . . . .
When I said, outsiders are needed to change Washington but not outsiders in government, I meant insiders in state and local government, outsiders in federal government. The ideal background of a presidential candidate would be an education in political science and or law, experience in local and state government, limited experience at the federal level and the military coupled with experience in the private sector and community service.

You like so many people seem to think politics and government is so simple that no knowledge or experience is needed. If you wheeled and dealed your way to billions in real estate, then you have all you need.

The idea that because the founders did not see any reason for experience in government is just a bit ridiculous today. Things have changed. In Jefferson's day, the federal government was a relatively simple organization, much smaller than many of our businesses, 4 departments in the executive branch, 15 today, a budget of 22 billion versus 3 trillion. Anyone who wanted to see the president just dropped in and waited. Being a congressmen was a part time job. Today, the less knowledgeable and experienced a president or congressmen is the more he will be influenced by insiders because without knowledge he has to depend on them.

No one can have all the knowledge and experience they need as president but that does not mean knowing nothing is enough. Trump is a wonderful example of this. His handling of the media is a disaster because he doesn't know how to use the media to his advantage. His executive orders are blocked by the courts because he doesn't know what passes as constitutional. He insults people in his own party that he will need as president. He hires people that are not well qualified because he doesn't understand the function of job. He hires based on what he understands, loyalty, and pleasing his supporters. His dealings with Congress has yielded nothing unless you consider having his key campaign promise, the Wall blocked.

Military leaders as president rarely need much help understanding military or foreign policy. Presidents with a background in economics, need little help formulating their economic policy. Experienced leaders in congress need little help in putting together legislation and piloting a path leading to passage. Presidents with background in law have little problem understanding legislation or writing executive orders. Presidents with extensive experience in handling the media need little help here. However, when a president has none of the above, he needs help with everything or he does as Trump often does. He just guesses and wings his way through with often disastrous results.

Last edited:
I agree outsiders are needed to change Washington but not outsiders to politics and government.

Non sequitur. How can they be outsiders but still be insiders to politics and government?

When I have a problem with my car and the dealership can't solve the problem, I look for an outsider but not a plumber, businessman, or teacher but a mechanic with experience and knowledge of car repair.

Not only are you comparing apples to oranges, but just don't seem to get it! Is it really that hard? No politician comes to office experienced, nor should they or were desired by the Founders (for the third time); there is no school, what makes a successful politician is both leadership, managerial and diplomatic skills, largely born with; you either have it or not. How many presidents have we had that had tons of "experience" but were miserable failures because they lacked the leadership and management skills? So experience is not the central thing.

And someone like Donald applied it to business for many years, and is now applying it to running the nation. No one makes split-second decisions, that is why they have all these positions around them, czars, etc., to consult with, get information, guide them. Donald has far, far more going for him than the so-called "experience" that Barry had after sitting on his hands for two years in the senate. In recent weeks, over the healthcare Bill, Donald has met and made friends with every single person in the Congress. It isn't just what you know and your experience, but how quickly you learn and what you intend to do with it. All the experience in the world is of no help if your head is wrong. Whitehouse staff have already said that there was more going on in the WH during the first four days with Trump than all of Barry's 8 years! Unlike most presidents, Trump is busy every minute of every day. Every single minute. The guy never stops. The guy is probably conducting business while on the commode.

The second thing needed to change Washington is insiders. An outsider may have the general idea as to what's needs to be done but it takes insiders to do it.

Can you say Mike Pence.

Lastly, there needs to be overwhelming support for the leadership because there are both winners and losers when you make major changes. Without a strong mandate from the people, change that is lasting change is impossible.

Well, now you are venturing into pure idealism. You better be a realist if you want to run the country. You have to go with what you have rather than what would be ideal. Or maybe you'd rather have Hillary and her picks for Supreme Court, energy, jobs, foreign relations, and yes, FBI Director. She would have fired Comey too. And would probably be dealing all of the favors out right now that her many secret contributors paid for . . . .
Pure speculation.

There are like 8 or 15 threads all loosely revolving around the Comey matter, but as I consider this one the /main/ thread, I will say this here.

I hope readers were able to catch the interview with Jeanine Piero Saturday night. In it, you got to see the real Trump. In it, you got to hear about all kinds of things the media does not normally tell you, like the natural gas deal with China, or the cattle deal. Those industries are through the roof with excitement! There was a lady locked up prisoner in Egypt for like 3.5 years---- Obama couldn't do a thing for her. Trump got her released in one minute. Went straight to it with the head of Egypt (El-Sisi) when he was here.

The media made a big deal of Trump meeting with the Russians recently especially in light of the democrat allegations. Ahhhh! Russians!!! Note: there is no evidence to back any of that up. What they didn't tell you was that 30 minutes after the Russians, he met with the head of the Ukraine/Crimea as well. He is trying to get them together, get things worked out.

And as far as that Comey thing, might have a new FBI pick by the end of the week. Trump is the first person to say he wants all this crap behind him, SOLIDLY---- while he would like it over quickly, more than anything, he wants it investigated thoroughly, to the nines, so that once done, there will be NO DOUBTS of his integrity.

Not that the media or the partisan asses on this board would ever tell you that.

2hzua1k.jpg

When I said, outsiders are needed to change Washington but not outsiders in government, I meant insiders in state and local government, outsiders in federal government.

Unfortunately, that is the problem. People start out in state and local government, get corrupted by the buddy system of "don't rock the boat and scratch my back and we'll scratch yours", then when they get to the federal level, they do so in part by the friends they made at the state level who have "buddies" at the federal level, who expect a return on those favors and become even bigger crooks at the federal level. That is the "experience" you are arguing for. That is the experience you get by working your way up through politics. All the rest you say is wistful thinking; nice, but not how it works. As to what I seem to think about politics, my Uncle did business with Trump in the 70's and 80's and in the 60's and 70's, my mother was a politician. We routinely had judges and legislators drop by the house. So I'm not talking out of my ass, I'm telling you how it works. Really works. If you want a truly honest politician in there really for the people like you and me to clean things up, the only way you will ever see one, your once in a lifetime shot, is with Mr. Trump. The guy is so rich and benevolent, he doesn't need anything, and all he has left is his personal pride and ego to show everybody he can do the job, and do it better than all of the career guys. So believe me, he will do just that or go down fighting trying.

[

Whenever I see a poster choose an avatar using the president deliberately silly and condescending, choose a moniker deliberately insulting, then put out his "opinion" on the very same matter, I immediately do not expect to get anything remotely resembling sensible or balanced perspective. Just blind, predictable partisanship.

He gets what he deserves. It's not my fault he comes across as a buffoon. I am an equal opportunity flamer. I am not partisan towards any party. I think Katisch or Rubio would have been better. Even Jeb Bush. Yes, they are repubs. And yes, that is how bad the Orange Buffoon is. A total tool. And if you want to align yourself with him, please don't talk to me about partisanship. Hypocrite.

However, the fact remains, he lacks knowledge of how Washington works, has no world view, and does not understand that unpredictability and off the cuff, often contradictory comments erodes trust. His propensity for exaggerations and incorrect statements may make him seem more human to his supporters but among world leaders and politicians, it makes him seem dishonest and inconsistent.

Yep, he is learning every day as he goes, just as he did in business as the situation changes by the hour. But he is a very sagacious man who can not only handle it, but feeds off of the challenge. I disagree that he has no world view, he has been dealing with leaders and countries on the international level for a long time, but does he know everything? No, he is learning. But then, did Obama know everything? Did GW? Hillary was farther along in that regard and what did it do for her other than make it easier for her to be a better crook.

I have no trouble understanding the man, and most of his "exaggerations and incorrect or conflicting statements" are part style and part misinterpretation by others for what he means and how he says it. This is a man used to speaking before a BOD and competitors rather than the media. As to his trust and consistency, on certain levels he is very consistent, just not in a way that many are used to, especially on the international level, and really, that is his strength! That is what makes him an effective leader and negotiator---- their inability to see his "hand" in what cards he holds, what cards he will play and when. That gives us much greater leverage. Art of the deal.
The presidency is not the place to learn how government functions, political strategies that work and don't work, how to manipulate the media, and the driving forces behind actions of world leaders. In fact, there is little time for a president do much more than react to situations utilizing his experience and knowledge to manage them. As president, you need exactly the talents that Trump does not have, trust, diplomacy, respect, patience, and tolerance. Unfortunately, you don't acquire those talents on the job.

Trump has to get rid of the idea that he's the boss, he's in charge. Unlike his business, the rules he operates under are fixed as is the structure of the organization. He is not free to hire anyone he chooses and firing people can have serious political consequences. His staff answers to him but they also answer to congress and the courts. The president is the head of state but not the head of government.

I disagree. I think it is EXACTLY the place to learn these things, especially if you learn fast and get good with good people around to guide you. I would much rather have an honest and well-intended man running the country who is learning the ropes who goes into public service to SERVE THE NATION than a career politician who knows the system inside out, has lots of "friends," and knows just how to milk it to make himself rich. You see, if you look back, the original intention of this nation WAS to have people from the private sector (just like Trump) come in, serve for a few years as a sacrifice to his nation, then go back to his daytime job, NOT be a career politician getting rich at it and crooked. Trump is not an aberration, he is the way the Founders really intended, and as such, inexperience comes with the job.

When I said, outsiders are needed to change Washington but not outsiders in government, I meant insiders in state and local government, outsiders in federal government.

Unfortunately, that is the problem. People start out in state and local government, get corrupted by the buddy system of "don't rock the boat and scratch my back and we'll scratch yours", then when they get to the federal level, they do so in part by the friends they made at the state level who have "buddies" at the federal level, who expect a return on those favors and become even bigger crooks at the federal level. That is the "experience" you are arguing for. That is the experience you get by working your way up through politics. All the rest you say is wistful thinking; nice, but not how it works. As to what I seem to think about politics, my Uncle did business with Trump in the 70's and 80's and in the 60's and 70's, my mother was a politician. We routinely had judges and legislators drop by the house. So I'm not talking out of my ass, I'm telling you how it works. Really works. If you want a truly honest politician in there really for the people like you and me to clean things up, the only way you will ever see one, your once in a lifetime shot, is with Mr. Trump. The guy is so rich and benevolent, he doesn't need anything, and all he has left is his personal pride and ego to show everybody he can do the job, and do it better than all of the career guys. So believe me, he will do just that or go down fighting trying.

He will go down fighting. I have no doubt of that. In case you haven't noticed, most of his fighting recently has been either attacking his adversaries or defending himself and that will only increase as he makes more enemies in the media and on both sides of the isle in congress. Trump loves a good fight. In fact, I think that's what he lives for.

What bothers me most about Trump is the very mean-spirited actions and things he says about people. I'm not talking about people that have attacked him. I'm talking about people like Comey. This guy has been a perfect gentlemen through his firing. While Trump has called him incompetent, unable to lead his people, fostering disruptions, and issuing threats, Comey has said nothing other than the president has the right to fire him and he accepts it, refusing to give an interview to return the attack on the president.

Usually a president calls a person into his office to discuss the issue, giving them a chance to resign. Not Trump. He sends a letter not even marked personal to his office, so the story will be in the media immediately in order to really twist the knife. This really says a lot about Trump and the kind of person he is. Congressmen and government officials are certainly taking note. This is not the kind of behavior that instills trust, something Trump needs badly in Washington.

turn on FOX News. it's the breaking story! WE WANT TREY GOWDY OR DAVID CLARKE AS THE REPLACEMENT!

Sheriff David Clarke: "If Trump made me his FBI Director I would be arresting Hillary Clinton today."

Trump fires FBI director James Comey

C_arAm4XsAAM7fv.jpg

C_atOnTUAAEdR4w.jpg

C_aoUSNXUAQGpm3.jpg

C_atATRXkAAoqF8.jpg

You do understand this was obstruction of justice, right?
No we do not because it was not
He got rid of monkeyshines man who could not decide whether to screw Hillary or Trump so he went for both.
We do understand your desperate sentiment for it to be obstruction as libs are convinced that feeling are facts

Media will not publish Info about better cattle and other trade deals as that Is not how they can control Americans.
Media has most control over people via bad news and Barry was the foment and discontent King
Trump is doing good things but no hay for the MSM there so let's fly buzz the administrstion and hope to sink them with innuendo
Media was sure they had all Americans wrapped up, they were only half right

[

Whenever I see a poster choose an avatar using the president deliberately silly and condescending, choose a moniker deliberately insulting, then put out his "opinion" on the very same matter, I immediately do not expect to get anything remotely resembling sensible or balanced perspective. Just blind, predictable partisanship.

He gets what he deserves. It's not my fault he comes across as a buffoon. I am an equal opportunity flamer. I am not partisan towards any party. I think Katisch or Rubio would have been better. Even Jeb Bush. Yes, they are repubs. And yes, that is how bad the Orange Buffoon is. A total tool. And if you want to align yourself with him, please don't talk to me about partisanship. Hypocrite.

Kasich? Jeb Bush? They were the worst!!! Out of 17 people they were the two worst. Kasich is an Ohio union democrat in GOP clothing and Little Jebby Bush was put up to running by the Bush family on big money to curry favor with lobbyists. Neither would have even beaten Hillary. Both are cookie cutter jackasses who would have given us another pressed suit stand up comedian talking head like we already had. Glad to see you drink the Koolaid.

He will go down fighting. I have no doubt of that. In case you haven't noticed, most of his fighting recently has been either attacking his adversaries or defending himself and that will only increase as he makes more enemies in the media and on both sides of the isle in congress. Trump loves a good fight. In fact, I think that's what he lives for.

What bothers me most about Trump is the very mean-spirited actions and things he says about people. I'm not talking about people that have attacked him. I'm talking about people like Comey. This guy has been a perfect gentlemen through his firing. While Trump has called him incompetent, unable to lead his people, fostering disruptions, and issuing threats, Comey has said nothing other than the president has the right to fire him and he accepts it, refusing to give an interview to return the attack on the president.

Usually a president calls a person into his office to discuss the issue, giving them a chance to resign. Not Trump. He sends a letter not even marked personal to his office, so the story will be in the media immediately in order to really twist the knife. This really says a lot about Trump and the kind of person he is. Congressmen and government officials are certainly taking note. This is not the kind of behavior that instills trust, something Trump needs badly in Washington.

Yep. They are taking notes. It is not business as usual in Washington now and if you want to work in the Trump Administration, he expects you to not only actually work, but to be highly effective at your job. The guy isn't attacking, he is under constant attack. Do you know he has been attacked more in 4 months than Obama and Bush combined in their 8 years? He is just trying to tread water. They are desperate to hold him back because the swamp he is draining is their playground gravy boat swimming pool! The guy is not mean-spirited. He is merely honest. After the ridiculous things this Comey guy has done, he is lucky he himself is not at the heart of a congressional investigation.

Media will not publish Info about better cattle and other trade deals as that Is not how they can control Americans.
Media has most control over people via bad news and Barry was the foment and discontent King
Trump is doing good things but no hay for the MSM there so let's fly buzz the administrstion and hope to sink them with innuendo
It is definitely being reported, but it is not a big deal. It is certainly not a game changer.
“China has made a few modest concessions that cost it very little, in areas strategically picked to maximize the political benefit to Trump,” said Arthur Kroeber, managing director of Gavekal Dragonomics, an economic research firm in Beijing. “But the substantive impact on US-China trade and investment flows is pretty minimal.”

Major trade deals are not made in hours or days, but months that turn into years. It takes a number of negotiators representing different interest and rather lengthy approval processes.

Yep. They are taking notes. It is not business as usual in Washington now and if you want to work in the Trump Administration, he expects you to not only actually work, but to be highly effective at your job. The guy isn't attacking, he is under constant attack. Do you know he has been attacked more in 4 months than Obama and Bush combined in their 8 years? He is just trying to tread water. They are desperate to hold him back because the swamp he is draining is their playground gravy boat swimming pool! The guy is not mean-spirited. He is merely honest. After the ridiculous things this Comey guy has done, he is lucky he himself is not at the heart of a congressional investigation.
No, I think Trump just loves to say You're fired". It helps the ratings, TV that is.

Meh, Trump simply has too much time left not to face impeachment or resignation. This is how it will end for Trump. Trump was loyalty over the TRUTH!!!!! This will be his un-doing in the end. The Republican party had better start parting ways with Trump if they hope to remain a viable party.

Trump can't claim executive privilege!!!!! Comey "under oath" is going to nail Trump.

Forum List

Back