Breaking: Trump Backs Down On Border Wall Government Shutdown

Breaking News on MSNBC. Trump backing down from budget standoff over border wall funding. No link yet.

/---- Real Donald Trump tweet: Don't let the fake media tell you that I have changed my position on the WALL. It will get built and help stop drugs, human trafficking etc.

Trump spins up the people on fears of illegals coming into this country. He then promises that he will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it. His followers believe him and elect him to office.

After election, when he realizes that he can't make Mexico pay for it, he then changes his stance and says that we will pay for the wall initially, but Mexico will reimburse us for it.

That's never gonna happen. Mexico ain't gonna pay, and the wall ain't gonna get built. You guys that voted for him because of this issue have been played.

Breaking News on MSNBC. Trump backing down from budget standoff over border wall funding. No link yet.

/---- Real Donald Trump tweet: Don't let the fake media tell you that I have changed my position on the WALL. It will get built and help stop drugs, human trafficking etc.

My distrust of Trump increases by the day and I didn't think that was possible before.

This entire thread is liberal Propaganda.

The only ones who have declared they will shutown the govt are DEMOCRATS who demand our borders remain open and un-protected / un-controlled and that Ametican tax dollars go to fully fund the collapsing health care program Barry promised would not cost a dime and that would pay for itself.

I keep saying that Trump uses bluffs as a first move. And every time he's challenged he drops it and tells the rubes he's dropping it but not really dropping it.

Also, he'll say he's working on something that will be huge but you have to wait and see. Another bluff

A wise move by Trump
You don't start political battles you can't win

Deferring the wall till a more opportune time saves him the embarrassment of being defeated now

Trump will get his wall. He will get some token project that he can do a photo-op on and then declare victory
We will have basically the wall we have now and Trump will claim we are now safe

Says the man depending on demographic change to give him the One Party State he WANTS, where he can have a society based on the marginalization of and discrimination against the largest single ethnic group.

Because he thinks that will be a GOOD THING.

Welcome to politics Mr Trump

You are not emperor and do not get to dictate what gets done. With 40% approval, you do not get to dictate much at all. We all know you don't really give a shit about the border wall, you just want to save face

Work with Republicans on the budget. They will throw you a few billion for a token wall project. Then, all you need to do is lie about how immigration numbers are down

But what YOU want, is for future Democratic presidents to be able to dictate what gets done, no matter how low their approval ratings are.

That's what a One Party State MEANS.

That is your goal, and your party's goal, and you guys are actively working towards that every day.

Guess what Correll....You WON
That means you get to stop whining and start doing things

Trump is the President....the buck stops there
He won by convincing the gullible, such as yourself that he would do things such as build a wall, repeal and replace Obamacare, balance the budget

Doesn't it bother you that he seems to have given up trying so easily?

I'm all for doing things, RW, but that doesn't mean that we can't discuss longer term issues, also.

And I was just pointing out that your input should be considered in the context of what your long term goals are.

You don't WANT border security.

You are not arguing for the best way to accomplish the goal, you are against the goal.

Excuse me this Wall was supposed to come with Mexican Funding...
post-30290-Seinfeld-Soup-Nazi-youre-pushi-4dSN.gif

Jerry under his breath "Let It Go!"

No Wall For you !.
...The Wall Nazi

Republicans offer spending plan without border wall
Source: The Washington Post

By Kelsey Snell and Ed O'Keefe April 25 at 2:15 PM

A Republican bid to keep the government open past Friday includes no new money for the construction of a border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, according to several congressional aides familiar with ongoing talks.

With congressional Republicans eager to avoid shutting down the government over a spending impasse, GOP leaders submitted a new offer to Democrats on Tuesday afternoon that included no funding for the wall, several House and Senate aides said. But Republicans are insisting on increases in border security and defense spending.

Part of the new border security funding would go to repairing existing fencing and new surveillance technology to patrol the nearly 2,000-mile border.

The two sides remain at odds over whether the spending bill would include money for subsidy payments under the Affordable Care Act, how long to extend a health-care program for coal miners, and a series of unrelated policy measures known typically known as riders.

Read more: Republicans offer spending plan without border wall as Trump continues to vow that it will be built

Trump will do something to take attention away from the wall failure, and then (like everything else he screws up), he's gonna try to wait it out and hope that everyone has the memory of a goldfish.

Only problem is..................the longer he waits, the more people are going to bitch, and that just might make people start thinking about removing him from office.

Or................at the bare minimum, he will never see a second term.

If Trump gets some money for:
"Part of the new border security funding would go to repairing existing fencing and new surveillance technology to patrol the nearly 2,000-mile border."
Then uses found money from the sanctuary cities, that's a good start for year-1. In years 2-4 he can use the new border tax to fund the wall.

Trump will do something to take attention away from the wall failure, and then (like everything else he screws up), he's gonna try to wait it out and hope that everyone has the memory of a goldfish.

Only problem is..................the longer he waits, the more people are going to bitch, and that just might make people start thinking about removing him from office.

Or................at the bare minimum, he will never see a second term.
What will actually happen is that Trump supporters will know who caused delays and vote them out.

The Chief Executive of the United States is perform his duties dealing with a recalcitrant Congress to do something that has not been done in many years - GET A FEDERAL BUDGET PASSED!
He's showing a bunch of phony pols what it's like to actually manage things.

If Trumps proposed budget is any indicator....he doesn't have a prayer
Even the fiscal conservatives will have nothing to do with it
In eight years, Obama never got his proposed budget passed without agreeing to changes demanded by Congress. President Trump has said he is willing to delay funding for the border wall until the appropriations bill comes up in September, when he will be able to wheel and deal with individual members of Congress to support projects they need in their states and districts in exchange for their support for the border wall.

Trump will get some token funds in order to save face. He will then have a big photo-op and declare victory. He will then tweet lies about how illegal immigration has ceased under his watch
lol We both know he will build the wall and illegal immigration will continue to decline under his watch. There will be a celebration, but it will be a celebration for all Americans who believe America should control its borders. Since we know from their voting records the Democratic leadership really supports the wall and is only opposing it to pander to Hispanic voters, even people like Chuckie and Dirty Hillary will be able to attend the celebrations.
Trumps wall is a joke

Even he knows

A wise move by Trump
You don't start political battles you can't win

Deferring the wall till a more opportune time saves him the embarrassment of being defeated now

Trump will get his wall. He will get some token project that he can do a photo-op on and then declare victory
We will have basically the wall we have now and Trump will claim we are now safe

Says the man depending on demographic change to give him the One Party State he WANTS, where he can have a society based on the marginalization of and discrimination against the largest single ethnic group.

You are not emperor and do not get to dictate what gets done. With 40% approval, you do not get to dictate much at all. We all know you don't really give a shit about the border wall, you just want to save face

Work with Republicans on the budget. They will throw you a few billion for a token wall project. Then, all you need to do is lie about how immigration numbers are down

But what YOU want, is for future Democratic presidents to be able to dictate what gets done, no matter how low their approval ratings are.

That is your goal, and your party's goal, and you guys are actively working towards that every day.

He won by convincing the gullible, such as yourself that he would do things such as build a wall, repeal and replace Obamacare, balance the budget

I'm all for doing things, RW, but that doesn't mean that we can't discuss longer term issues, also.

And I was just pointing out that your input should be considered in the context of what your long term goals are.

You are not arguing for the best way to accomplish the goal, you are against the goal.
So...you starting to second guess?

Trump played you for a fool.....how much leeway you going to give him?

So...you starting to second guess?

Trump played you for a fool.....how much leeway you going to give him?

You didn't address anything I said, rw.

Here, this is who you and your dems buddies that are depending of demographic shift to give you a ONe Party State ARE.

NOw considering that you fuckers are LAUGHING at the idea of my people dying, and that the GOP leadership is happy to meet you half way, Trump has a lot of fucking leeway before I regret my vote for him.

Forum List

Back