Breaking The Promise of America

Yeahā€¦.

View attachment 199568 View attachment 199569 View attachment 199570

Clearly FDR needed help in the southā€¦

Are you denying either of these facts???

But Roosevelt did what Democrats always doā€¦.put their political future ahead of what benefits Americans.

Economist Jim Powell, in ā€œFDRā€™s Folly,ā€ notes that a disproportionate amount of FDRā€™s relief and public works spending ā€œwent not to the poorest states such as the South, but to western states were people were better off , apparently because there were ā€˜swingā€™ states which could yield FDR more votes in the next election.ā€

And, of course, the Democrat demand for illegal immigration is based on the very same design.
Democrats need illegal votes to have a future.

No, you're merely doing the Democrat tap-dance.

Very entertaining.
This post shows the complete lack of knowledge and understanding of a major source of FDR's genius in funding many of the projects FDR implemented.

With great controversy, FDR passed legislation that made companies and citizens alike turn in their gold in exchange for green backs supported not by bricks of gold, but by the promise of the US Government. He made dollars have the value of gold but not actually valued on gold. The green backs were valued on trust in the US Government.

FDR hoarded this gold in vaults like at Ft. Knox. He then told the individual states to apply for federal guaranteed loans, guaranteed with the gold in federal custody, loans made from from banks in their states to implement projects of value to the state after approval from the various federal agencies who would help organize and implement the chosen projects. This helped to save local banks because the were able to charge interest on the loans.

State with valuable assets like mineral and timber resources were willing to take bigger risks when making these loan applications and funded large projects. Hence, the disparity in how the funds and loans were distributed.

BTW, all of the loans were repaid.

Democrat Franklin Roosevelt hated minorities
4. Butā€¦.butā€¦.Roosevelt had to save all of those starving peopleā€¦..what should the government have done about all those starving peopleā€¦you knowā€¦.that Depression thing???

There werenā€™t any. Starvation was never a problem in Americaā€¦.itā€™s one of those lies big government aficionados tell to the dense.

Prior to Franklin Roosevelt, and Hoover, welfare was handled by charities and churches, carefully considering who got the relief, and the reasons for same.

Under FDR, welfare and charity became a patronage endeavor, to get votes rather than to ease suffering.

The Reconstruction Finance Corporation (RFC) doled out relief nationally to those states with the best political connections. The Emergency Relief and Construction Act of 1932 began with the best of intentions...but under the Democrats it went to well-connected friends, including mayors and governors.

Illinois, a swing state, got $55,443,721, which was almost 20% of the RFC's $300 million, more than NY, California, and Texas combined.
Murray Rothbard, "America's Great Depression," p.262-263.

Funny thing about Democratsā€¦.

And, while it is a fact that Democrat Franklin Roosevelt hated minoritiesā€¦..Democrat Obama hated everyone:

ā€œFormer Obama Aide Is Sorry for Saying Obama Hates People

That happened on Tuesday when a quote by Neera Tanden, a former Obama aide and current president of the Center for American Progress, appearing in a story by John Heilemann in New York raised eyebrows:

"People say the reason Obama wouldn't call Clinton is because he doesn't like him. The truth is, Obama doesn't call anyone, and he's not close to almost anyone. It's stunning that he's in politics, because he really doesn't like people."
Former Obama Aide Is Sorry for Saying Obama Hates People - The Atlantic

ā€œā€¦Tanden, who "served as senior advisor for health reform at the Department of Health and Human Services, advising Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and working on President Barack Obamaā€™s health reform team in the White House to pass the bill," according to her bio at the Center for American Progress. She is currently president and CEO of the liberal organization.ā€ Former Aide on Obama: 'Stunning that Heā€™s in Politics, Because He Really Doesnā€™t Like People'
Then you should love him since there are zero differences between the two in this single issue.

Yeahā€¦.

View attachment 199568 View attachment 199569 View attachment 199570

Clearly FDR needed help in the southā€¦

Are you denying either of these facts???

But Roosevelt did what Democrats always doā€¦.put their political future ahead of what benefits Americans.

Economist Jim Powell, in ā€œFDRā€™s Folly,ā€ notes that a disproportionate amount of FDRā€™s relief and public works spending ā€œwent not to the poorest states such as the South, but to western states were people were better off , apparently because there were ā€˜swingā€™ states which could yield FDR more votes in the next election.ā€

And, of course, the Democrat demand for illegal immigration is based on the very same design.
Democrats need illegal votes to have a future.

No, you're merely doing the Democrat tap-dance.

Very entertaining.
This post shows the complete lack of knowledge and understanding of a major source of FDR's genius in funding many of the projects FDR implemented.

With great controversy, FDR passed legislation that made companies and citizens alike turn in their gold in exchange for green backs supported not by bricks of gold, but by the promise of the US Government. He made dollars have the value of gold but not actually valued on gold. The green backs were valued on trust in the US Government.

FDR hoarded this gold in vaults like at Ft. Knox. He then told the individual states to apply for federal guaranteed loans, guaranteed with the gold in federal custody, loans made from from banks in their states to implement projects of value to the state after approval from the various federal agencies who would help organize and implement the chosen projects. This helped to save local banks because the were able to charge interest on the loans.

State with valuable assets like mineral and timber resources were willing to take bigger risks when making these loan applications and funded large projects. Hence, the disparity in how the funds and loans were distributed.

BTW, all of the loans were repaid.

Its hard to imagine someone being as consistently wrong as Jumbo and her OPā€™s are.

What about this "promise of American"?

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! "

We're breaking the shit outta this one.

Clean up your language, dunce.

The Emma Lazarus poem was published in 1883, when immigrants came to America to work, not for handouts.
What a load,,,,,,immigrants work harder at filthy jobs republicans wouldn't touch

4. Butā€¦.butā€¦.Roosevelt had to save all of those starving peopleā€¦..what should the government have done about all those starving peopleā€¦you knowā€¦.that Depression thing???

There werenā€™t any. Starvation was never a problem in Americaā€¦.itā€™s one of those lies big government aficionados tell to the dense.

Prior to Franklin Roosevelt, and Hoover, welfare was handled by charities and churches, carefully considering who got the relief, and the reasons for same.

Under FDR, welfare and charity became a patronage endeavor, to get votes rather than to ease suffering.

The Reconstruction Finance Corporation (RFC) doled out relief nationally to those states with the best political connections. The Emergency Relief and Construction Act of 1932 began with the best of intentions...but under the Democrats it went to well-connected friends, including mayors and governors.

Illinois, a swing state, got $55,443,721, which was almost 20% of the RFC's $300 million, more than NY, California, and Texas combined.
Murray Rothbard, "America's Great Depression," p.262-263.

Funny thing about Democratsā€¦.

And, while it is a fact that Democrat Franklin Roosevelt hated minoritiesā€¦..Democrat Obama hated everyone:

ā€œFormer Obama Aide Is Sorry for Saying Obama Hates People

That happened on Tuesday when a quote by Neera Tanden, a former Obama aide and current president of the Center for American Progress, appearing in a story by John Heilemann in New York raised eyebrows:

"People say the reason Obama wouldn't call Clinton is because he doesn't like him. The truth is, Obama doesn't call anyone, and he's not close to almost anyone. It's stunning that he's in politics, because he really doesn't like people."
Former Obama Aide Is Sorry for Saying Obama Hates People - The Atlantic

ā€œā€¦Tanden, who "served as senior advisor for health reform at the Department of Health and Human Services, advising Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and working on President Barack Obamaā€™s health reform team in the White House to pass the bill," according to her bio at the Center for American Progress. She is currently president and CEO of the liberal organization.ā€ Former Aide on Obama: 'Stunning that Heā€™s in Politics, Because He Really Doesnā€™t Like People'
DOW futures off 340 Is it because of the moron in our WH?? What will you say when republicans start screaming ?
I for one will LMAO

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! "

The Emma Lazarus poem was published in 1883, when immigrants came to America to work, not for handouts.

Since when has anyone gotten "handouts"? Go check out your local farm fields, office-cleaning businesses where they send employees to scrub the office toilets and vacuum, fast-food establishments, moving companies,and the landscape companies that you hire to do your lawn. Ask who does the actual dirty work.

You idiots need to make up your minds, are they coming for handouts or are they gonna take your jobs?

The promise of America is ā€˜Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.ā€™

Not if Liberals/Progressives have their way.

1.Itā€™s not the Left doesnā€™t want folks to be happyā€¦.itā€™s that they donā€™t understand how to get there.

ā€œEarned success is the secret to meaningful happiness. The government can improve your net worth with a check, but it cannot improve your self-worth.ā€ Jonah Goldberg

Or, maybe they do understand itā€¦.but just donā€™t care.

2. And, if one imagines that the Liberal welfare system is designed to end poverty, wellā€¦.a half-century of failure to do that identifies one as a dolt. On the other hand, raiding the treasury has proved an immense success at what it was actually designed to do: generate Democrat votes.

3. Duplicity and Democratsā€¦..synonymous???
"The lessons of history ā€¦ show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."
These searing words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address

The 'south' could still grow stuff, but the west was devastated by dust storms, and FDR provided public "WORKS", not relief. This author's whining about 'disproportionate' relief wasn't needed as much in the 'south'. Your boilerplate hogwash about a Democratic demand for illegal immigration is beneath comment.

Gads, you're a fool.
Everything the wannabe-dictator, FDR, did was based on bias and politics.

1.The internment of 110,000 Japanese seems to have been largely political. Earl Warren of California was sensitive to his constituents resenting the large success of the Japanese in agriculture. And, interned, they couldnā€™t vote against FDR, and he did pick up three House seatsā€¦and after the election he began to move for the release of the Japanese.

2."Your boilerplate hogwash about a Democratic demand for illegal immigration is beneath comment."

Watch how deftly I eviscerate you:

"A secret strategy memo from the Leftā€™s most influential think tank warns that Democrats face electoral oblivion unless they immediately double-down on their support for the young illegal immigrants known as the DREAMers.

DREAMers are a ā€œcritical component of the Democratic Partyā€™s future electoral success,ā€ according to the memo dated Jan. 8.

Shielding DACA beneficiaries from enforced removal is so important to the left-wing agenda that Democrats have to ā€œrefuse to offer any votes for Republican spending bills that do not offer a fix for Dreamers and instead appropriate funds to deport them.ā€

ā€œThe fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Partyā€™s future electoral success,ā€ states Palmieriā€™s memo.

ā€œIf Democrats donā€™t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democratsā€™ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond,ā€ the memo states. ā€œIn short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects.ā€

ā€¦they tend to be underachievers, less educated and less established than typical Americans.

According to the nonpartisan Center for Immigration Studies, about 24 percent of DREAMers are functionally illiterate and 46 percent possess only ā€œbasicā€ English ability. Only 49 percent have a high school diploma, even though a majority are now adults.ā€
Democrats Must Embrace DREAMers or Face Doom, Says Secret Left-Wing Memo

"Leaked Memo Confirms What We Already Knew About Democrats And Illegal Immigration

ā€¦ a leaked document from the Center For American Progress (CAP) Action Fund shows what most of us have always known, but what Democrats like to pretend isnā€™t their reality.

Namely, the memo, in great detail, maps out how Democrats are relying on illegal immigration to prop up their political future.

ā€œThe fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Partyā€™s future electoral success,ā€ reads Palmieriā€™s memo,ā€¦ā€
Leaked Memo Confirms What We Already Knew About Democrats and Illegal Immigration

Wasn't that fun????

Notice: I'm never wrong.
Wow, wish I was THAT perfect! I was here in the late 30s. You can quote hindsight reworks til you turn blue, but it wont change the reality that most of the 30's programs saved both lives and dignity, not to mention created some really neat projects. Mt Hood lodge is my favorite. As for Democrats and immigration, the attempt to make fellow Americans look evil grows thin. And transparent, especially if you are passing on this garbage as an example of why the current family separation by Trump is moral. It isn't.

What a load,,,,,,immigrants work harder at filthy jobs republicans wouldn't touch

Democrats take Americans' money to entice illegal aliens.

"Fat And Furious: Obama Pushes Food Stamps In Mexico"
Welfare: As if being "food stamp president" weren't enough, Barack Obama's administration is partnering with the Mexican government to make sure Mexican nationals living in the U.S. don't miss out. Ay caramba!"
Fat And Furious: Obama Pushes Food Stamps In Mexico | Investor's Business Daily

Since when has anyone gotten "handouts"? Go check out your local farm fields, office-cleaning businesses where they send employees to scrub the office toilets and vacuum, fast-food establishments, moving companies,and the landscape companies that you hire to do your lawn. Ask who does the actual dirty work.

"Since when has anyone gotten "handouts"? "

"The lessons of history ā€¦ show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."
These searing words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address

But, of course, it is 'vote buying.'

You idiots need to make up your minds, are they coming for handouts or are they gonna take your jobs?

Considering how many people running businesses who are complaining that they cannot get enough help, I have to assume that there are not enough born-here Americans who are willing to take the jobs offered. Where are these Americans whose jobs are being taken away from them?

Obama's US Civil Rights Commission, 2010 Report:
"The United States Commission on Civil Rights (Commission) is pleased to transmit this report, The Impact of Illegal Immigration on the Wages and Employment Opportunities of Black Workers. A panel of experts briefed members of the Commission on April 4, 2008 regarding the evidence for economic loss and job opportunity costs to black workers attributable to illegal immigration. The panelists also described non-economic factors contributing to the depression of black wages and employment rates.

Illegal immigration to the United States in recent decades has tended to depress both wages and employment rates for low-skilled American citizens, a disproportionate number of whom are black men."
http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/IllegImmig_10-14-10_430pm.pdf

Wanna give Barack an 'attaboy'?

Welfare: As if being "food stamp president" weren't enough, Barack Obama's administration is partnering with the Mexican government to make sure Mexican nationals living in the U.S. don't miss out. Ay caramba!"
chic, how about a hypothetical? If we are a Christian Nation as claimed...if we claim a special relationship to the living God..Who (whom?) do you figure God will look upon with favor..Obama or Trump? Trump spends nearly ALL his time breaking down Obama's effort to aid Americans thru childhood nutrition thru college funding and more available healthcare? So who is right in God's eyes, based on your Sunday School lessons and sermons thru adulthood? Obama the giver to 'the least of these, or Trump the taker from 'the least of these?

1.Itā€™s not the Left doesnā€™t want folks to be happyā€¦.itā€™s that they donā€™t understand how to get there.

ā€œEarned success is the secret to meaningful happiness. The government can improve your net worth with a check, but it cannot improve your self-worth.ā€ Jonah Goldberg

2. And, if one imagines that the Liberal welfare system is designed to end poverty, wellā€¦.a half-century of failure to do that identifies one as a dolt. On the other hand, raiding the treasury has proved an immense success at what it was actually designed to do: generate Democrat votes.

The 'south' could still grow stuff, but the west was devastated by dust storms, and FDR provided public "WORKS", not relief. This author's whining about 'disproportionate' relief wasn't needed as much in the 'south'. Your boilerplate hogwash about a Democratic demand for illegal immigration is beneath comment.

Gads, you're a fool.

1.The internment of 110,000 Japanese seems to have been largely political. Earl Warren of California was sensitive to his constituents resenting the large success of the Japanese in agriculture. And, interned, they couldnā€™t vote against FDR, and he did pick up three House seatsā€¦and after the election he began to move for the release of the Japanese.

2."Your boilerplate hogwash about a Democratic demand for illegal immigration is beneath comment."

"A secret strategy memo from the Leftā€™s most influential think tank warns that Democrats face electoral oblivion unless they immediately double-down on their support for the young illegal immigrants known as the DREAMers.

DREAMers are a ā€œcritical component of the Democratic Partyā€™s future electoral success,ā€ according to the memo dated Jan. 8.

Shielding DACA beneficiaries from enforced removal is so important to the left-wing agenda that Democrats have to ā€œrefuse to offer any votes for Republican spending bills that do not offer a fix for Dreamers and instead appropriate funds to deport them.ā€

ā€œThe fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Partyā€™s future electoral success,ā€ states Palmieriā€™s memo.

ā€œIf Democrats donā€™t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democratsā€™ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond,ā€ the memo states. ā€œIn short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects.ā€

ā€¦they tend to be underachievers, less educated and less established than typical Americans.

According to the nonpartisan Center for Immigration Studies, about 24 percent of DREAMers are functionally illiterate and 46 percent possess only ā€œbasicā€ English ability. Only 49 percent have a high school diploma, even though a majority are now adults.ā€

"Leaked Memo Confirms What We Already Knew About Democrats And Illegal Immigration

ā€¦ a leaked document from the Center For American Progress (CAP) Action Fund shows what most of us have always known, but what Democrats like to pretend isnā€™t their reality.

Namely, the memo, in great detail, maps out how Democrats are relying on illegal immigration to prop up their political future.

ā€œThe fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Partyā€™s future electoral success,ā€ reads Palmieriā€™s memo,ā€¦ā€
Leaked Memo Confirms What We Already Knew About Democrats and Illegal Immigration

Wasn't that fun????

Wow, wish I was THAT perfect! I was here in the late 30s. You can quote hindsight reworks til you turn blue, but it wont change the reality that most of the 30's programs saved both lives and dignity, not to mention created some really neat projects. Mt Hood lodge is my favorite. As for Democrats and immigration, the attempt to make fellow Americans look evil grows thin. And transparent, especially if you are passing on this garbage as an example of why the current family separation by Trump is moral. It isn't.
I think my favorite project is the Blue Ridge Parkway but there are so many others. I'm proud to say my local brick Post Office is still serving my community and still has the original art on the inside. I doubt if most people have a clue that they are looking at a historic 84 year old mural on the wall.

Gads, you're a fool.

Wasn't that fun????

Wasn't that great, the way I sliced and diced you?

You're not saying this any longer, huh?

Your boilerplate hogwash about a Democratic demand for illegal immigration is beneath comment."

"...this garbage as an example of why the current family separation by Trump is moral."

I don't believe I posted anything along those lines....trying to hide your embarrassment?

a. there is no family separation....go home and take the kids along.

b. Liberal welfare plans actually break families up.
  1. Proof? Sure. The government conducted a study, 1971-1978 known as the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiment, or SIME-DIME, in which low income families were give a guaranteed income, a welfare package with everything liberal policy makers could hope for. Result: for every dollar of extra welfare given, low income recipients reduced their labor by 80 cents. http://www.policyarchive.org/handle/10207/bitstreams/12794.pdf
[The results for husbands show that the combination of negative income tax plans tested in SIME/DIME ā€” which, as already mentioned, represents on average a relatively generous cash transfer program with a guarantee of 115% of the poverty line and a tax rate of 50% ā€” has a significant negative effect on hours worked per year. Overview of the Final Report of the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiment]

a. Further results: dissolution of families: ā€œThis conclusion was unambiguously unfavorable to advocates of a negative income tax that would cover married couples, for two important reasons. First, increased

marital breakups among the poor would increase the numbers on

welfare and the amount of transfer payments, principally because the

separated wife and children would receive higher transfer payments.

Second, marital dissolutions and the usual accompanying absence of

fathers from households with children are generally considered unfavorable outcomes regardless of whether or not the welfare rolls increase.ā€ http://www.bos.frb.org/economic/conf/conf30/conf30c.pdf

b. ā€œWhen families received guaranteed income at 90% of the poverty level, there was a 43% increase in black family dissolution and a 63% increase in white family dissolution. At 125% of the poverty levels, dissolutions were 75% and 40%.ā€ Robert B. Carleson, ā€œGovernment Is The Problem,ā€ p. 57.

chic, how about a hypothetical? If we are a Christian Nation as claimed...if we claim a special relationship to the living God..Who (whom?) do you figure God will look upon with favor..Obama or Trump? Trump spends nearly ALL his time breaking down Obama's effort to aid Americans thru childhood nutrition thru college funding and more available healthcare? So who is right in God's eyes, based on your Sunday School lessons and sermons thru adulthood? Obama the giver to 'the least of these, or Trump the taker from 'the least of these?

"Letā€™s be honest from the start. Liberals donā€™t care about the illegal alien minor children crossing the border. The left isnā€™t trying to help the kids for their well-being. They are painting President Trump in a bad light while ignoring the same policy was enforced under Obama. CNN is at the forefront of the fake hysteria. Recently, Van Jones, a political commentator on CNN, said that it is time for Christians to ā€œimpose some morals and some principlesā€ in the debate. Itā€™s ironic that Jones is trying to employ evangelicals to push for the leftā€™s political agenda.

Christians have been mocked and attacked by the left and mainstream media for decades. They are called bigots for not condoning gay marriage, or the same-sex lifestyle. Believers are called "patriarchal" for disdaining abortion. Anything that has moral standing based on Biblical principles and values is insulted and made into a joke.

...left-wing media ā€œpunditsā€ have quoted Bible verses. Yes, the same Bible they mock, call hateful, trash, idiotic, and so forth like it all of a sudden."
Leftists, Stop Pretending to Like Christianity

"Since when has anyone gotten "handouts"? "

But, of course, it is 'vote buying.'
How terrible of FDR. He was promoting the idea that people in need of assistance were better served with jobs where they could earn their money doing public projects instead of just a ticket to the soup kitchen line. He gave out jobs instead of handouts.

"Letā€™s be honest from the start. Liberals donā€™t care about the illegal alien minor children crossing the border. The left isnā€™t trying to help the kids for their well-being. They are painting President Trump in a bad light while ignoring the same policy was enforced under Obama. CNN is at the forefront of the fake hysteria. Recently, Van Jones, a political commentator on CNN, said that it is time for Christians to ā€œimpose some morals and some principlesā€ in the debate. Itā€™s ironic that Jones is trying to employ evangelicals to push for the leftā€™s political agenda.

Christians have been mocked and attacked by the left and mainstream media for decades. They are called bigots for not condoning gay marriage, or the same-sex lifestyle. Believers are called "patriarchal" for disdaining abortion. Anything that has moral standing based on Biblical principles and values is insulted and made into a joke.

...left-wing media ā€œpunditsā€ have quoted Bible verses. Yes, the same Bible they mock, call hateful, trash, idiotic, and so forth like it all of a sudden."
Leftists, Stop Pretending to Like Christianity
You are such a liar. Christian leaders like Franklin Graham have criticized trump over the abuse of asylum seeking children and the separation of families. He is a dedicated conservative Republican and trump supporter, except for on this issue.
Every living First Lady has voiced varying degrees of displeasure and condemnation of trump for his policies that have caused to abuse and torture of asylum seeking children.
Find some other stuff to lie and mislead about. Leave the kids alone.

Forum List

Back