Breaking: Syria to disclose weapons

What threat? He didn't do anything. Actually, if congress and the majority of Americans hadn't protested his initial decision to unilaterally bomb Syria, it would have been a done deal by now.

Of course, even some liberals here claim he never intended to do anything, it was all lies.

What threat? He didn't do anything. Actually, if congress and the majority of Americans hadn't protested his initial decision to unilaterally bomb Syria, it would have been a done deal by now.

Of course, even some liberals here claim he never intended to do anything, it was all lies.

Exactly.

Tuesday, August 27th, 2013

The U.S. could hit Syria with three days of missile strikes, perhaps beginning Thursday [August 29th], in an attack meant more to send a message to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad than to topple him or cripple his military, senior U.S. officials told NBC News on Tuesday.

Military strikes on Syria 'as early as Thursday,' US officials say - World News

Clever work Obama.
He's playing three dimensional chess while everyone else is playing checkers...except for Putin - he's still on tiddlywinks.

The first sentence of the article linked:

Facing weak support for U.S. military action, President Barack Obama said that a plan suggested by Russia to have Syria hand over its chemical arsenal to international control could avert American strikes "if it's real."​

i would be surprised if they didn't, because if they don't now...support will gather for strikes

Facing weak support for U.S. military action, President Barack Obama said that a plan suggested by Russia to have Syria hand over its chemical arsenal to international control could avert American strikes "if it's real."​

i would be surprised if they didn't, because if they don't now...support will gather for strikes

What exactly is the threat from a President who is afraid to go it alone, has no U.N. support, miniscule international support, is facing defeat in Congress, and would be defying the will of the American people?

This may be the biggest up-front, pie-in-the-face foreign policy humiliation any US President has ever experienced. And we all get the honor of sharing in the shame thanks to our ridiculously inept 'leader.'

For Putin, Syria weapons deal would be masterstroke

WASHINGTON — It looks, at least for the moment, like Russian President Vladimir Putin had something useful to contribute to dealing with the Syrian crisis after all.

Weeks after President Obama canceled bilateral meetings in Moscow with Putin because of doubts that anything constructive could come of such a visit, it's the Russians who have offered a potential opening for Obama, who has failed to win support from Americans or Congress to carry out a punitive military strike against the Bashar Assad regime.

it took over 6 years to catalog and get hold of ( or witness destruction of) Qaddafi's weapons after striking deals with the US and Britain.......and even then, he cheated and it was discovered after he fell last year, he had secret stockpiles anyway.

Assads stockpile dwarfs ( dwarfed) Qaddafis, even from the git go. So, I guess we can expect all of the usual wrangling and then some, as assad is in an infinitely worse position ala the civil war and having a high grade, expert, hard power threat ( Israel) on his border, which Qaddafi did not.....

Lets say, I am skeptical.....:eusa_whistle:

it took over 6 years to catalog and get hold of ( or witness destruction of) Qaddafi's weapons after striking deals with the US and Britain.......and even then, he cheated and it was discovered after he fell last year, he had secret stockpiles anyway.

Assads stockpile dwarfs ( dwarfed) Qaddafis, even from the git go. So, I guess we can expect all of the usual wrangling and then some, as assad is in an infinitely worse position ala the civil war and having a high grade, expert, hard power threat ( Israel) on his border, which Qaddafi did not.....

It's easy, just get Colin Powell back to the UN to hold up a little vial of mustard powder...it worked last time.

i'm skeptical as well

but what would obama's weak plan of limited strikes do different? or what plan would you suggest?

Forum List

Back