BREAKING: Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official.

The revelation comes as the investigation also appears to be entering a more overtly active phase, with investigators shifting from work that has remained largely hidden from the public to conducting interviews and using a grand jury to issue subpoenas. The intensity of the probe is expected to accelerate in the coming weeks, the people said.

Much More: Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

Wow, a current White House adviser who is close to Trump. A "significant person of interest". The investigation is getting deeper and wider.

The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official.

The revelation comes as the investigation also appears to be entering a more overtly active phase, with investigators shifting from work that has remained largely hidden from the public to conducting interviews and using a grand jury to issue subpoenas. The intensity of the probe is expected to accelerate in the coming weeks, the people said.

Much More: Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

Wow, a current White House adviser who is close to Trump. A "significant person of interest". The investigation is getting deeper and wider.

FAKE NEWS.

Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif

nuff said

Could it be ....Jack Schitt?

Because that's what an anonymous source is...

Jack Schitt

Progressives are pissed...........within 48 hours, suddenly nobody is caring about this story anymore. Its become non-news. The public has been yawning anyway but now nobody is caring. Maybe the 1 million bozo's who tune in to k00k left cable news at night but nobody else.

Breaking News on MSNBC. Apparently first reported by McClatchy. The investigation if rapidly expanding deeper and wider.

WASHINGTON -- Investigators into Russian meddling in the U.S. presidential elections are now also probing whether White House officials have engaged in a cover-up, according to members of Congress who were briefed Friday by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

That avenue of investigation was added in recent weeks after assertions by former FBI Director James Comey that President Donald Trump had tried to dissuade him from pressing an investigation into the actions of Trump’s first national security adviser, retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, members of Congress said, though it was not clear whom that part of the probe might target.

Even as members of Congress were mulling over the expansion of the case into possible cover-up, and its reclassification from counterintelligence to criminal, the scandal appeared to grow. The Washington Post reported Friday afternoon that federal investigators were looking at a senior White House official as a “significant person of interest.” The article did not identify the official, though it noted that the person was “someone close to the president.”

A person of interest is someone law enforcement identifies as relevant to an investigation but who has not been charged or arrested.

More: Trump-Russia probe now includes possible cover-up, Congress is told

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen so many stories on one administration based entirely on "people familiar with the case", "sources in the White House", and "White House officials".

This is essentially happening hourly now.

I've been saying it for over eight years now: Get back to me when the indictments are handed down. This shit is just noise for partisans, catnip for crazies.

"People familiar with the case say"? What the hell does that mean? God forbid some Native American is accused of a crime and the prosecutor says "people familiar with the case say" he is guilty before the investigation even starts. Maybe it happened during the 1800's.

Hey Will Haft.........those pizza boxes are sIcK!! If you did that in NewYorkistan, they'd probably jail you. Outside of California, I live in the gheyest state in the union. You have k00ks on every corner here!

Hey Will Haft.........those pizza boxes are sIcK!! If you did that in NewYorkistan, they'd probably jail you. Outside of California, I live in the gheyest state in the union. You have k00ks on every corner here!
skooks, I live in the murder capital here in chicago.

I just started wondering what it would have been like in 1972-74 when Watergate blew up....if we'd had the internet and social media.

I agree. However, the TVs and newspapers were really hopping back then. I remember it well.

The probe is getting deeper and wider?

It sure is........and I couldn't be any happier. Finally, some scrutiny being brought on the unmasking and illegal stuff being done by Obama with the monitoring. That would have never been looked at. Person shitting the most right now? Aunt Hilda!

Funny. How is Obama included in all this Trump stuff?

I just started wondering what it would have been like in 1972-74 when Watergate blew up....if we'd had the internet and social media.
It's certainly happening faster than Watergate, thanks to the internet and social media.

Forum List

Back