Breaking: OMG they destroyed and looted the Tut exibit!

apparently there are 9 of 27 mummies on display that they could have gotten too. hopefully Queen Hatshepsut was not one of them they just IDed her for god sakes after having misidentified her for decades.......

An attack from within seems to yield some identical responses as an attack from without.

apparently there are 9 of 27 mummies on display that they could have gotten too. hopefully Queen Hatshepsut was not one of them they just IDed her for god sakes after having misidentified her for decades.......

this is so heartbreaking. we saw the tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute a couple of years ago and again in the city. they kept the rest of the exhibit in cairo because they didn't want it damaged.

i so don't understand how this makes a statement against the government.

Protesters better be careful. The more they cause chaos,the less they will be supported. Maybe that's why Mubarak is letting them continue their protests. They could be losing steam. They're now walking a tightrope for sure. This is a very disturbing development if true.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWq3f01e2U&feature=autoplay&list=FL7p-VTS2Tijk&index=23&playnext=4&shuffle=551376"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWq3f01e2U&feature=autoplay&list=FL7p-VTS2Tijk&index=23&playnext=4&shuffle=551376[/ame]

Obviously they remember what happened to the museums in Baghdad. Criminal scum.

this is so heartbreaking. we saw the tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute a couple of years ago and again in the city. they kept the rest of the exhibit in cairo because they didn't want it damaged.

It doesn't. And it sounds like at least some of the crowd knows it, which is why they tried to protect it. Egypt's history is a source of both pride and tourism income for their people.

There's a thriving black market for art and antiquities. Criminal elements always thrive in chaos, and take full advantage. :evil:

I hear you Jillian. I saw it in 1977, I think that helped lead me to the later history degree. I can't help think that a literacy rate of under 60% in Egypt accounts for this behavior, they don't understand their history. For the same reason of lack of education, those throwing around 'democracy is their goal,' either don't understand what it takes for government by the people or are just delusional.

Hopefully it's not.

Best case, it's stupid kids (anarchy/mob mentality) or greedy treasure seekers who got stopped and to quote President Obama, get their asses kicked.

If it is anti-government then there is the possibility that it's Islamic radicals destroying elements of pre-Muslim culture. (in the vein of destroying churches and blowing up Buddha statues etc) I think we all hope and can agree that that is not the direction that we want Egypt to be heading. (that's a worst case scenario)

I remember seeing the exhibit in L.A. when I was a kid, around 1979-80? I remember staring at King Tuts' funeral mask and wondering: "Why is there a hole in it"? I can only presume it was there when it was made.

I hear you Jillian. I saw it in 1977, I think that helped lead me to the later history degree. I can't help think that a literacy rate of under 60% in Egypt accounts for this behavior, they don't understand their history. For the same reason of lack of education, those throwing around 'democracy is their goal,' either don't understand what it takes for government by the people or are just delusional.

What? Literacy rate in Egypt is 71.4%. 83% of Males and 59.4% of women. That's according to 2005 as well.

Also, lots of people no longer want to live in a U.S backed oppressive regime in Egypt. I think you're underestimating the Egyptian people and the Revolution in Tunisia has done to spark this. Never mind the fact that this is a long time coming for those who have been paying attention to the situation in Egypt.

they cannot get to their paypal accounts Radio....because you have shut them down...chicken..egg?

If Radio pays me what he owes, I will reopen paypal. So far, he refuses. Says 'feeding babbies' is more important. His loss.

I think you forget who owes who here....and who owns the 'tubes...

will you take a sammy? ..pastrami with a stone ground dijon mustard...had half for lunch Friday...

Attachments

• $sammy.jpg
    $sammy.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 72

Hopefully it's not.

Best case, it's stupid kids (anarchy/mob mentality) or greedy treasure seekers who got stopped and to quote President Obama, get their asses kicked.

If it is anti-government then there is the possibility that it's Islamic radicals destroying elements of pre-Muslim culture. (in the vein of destroying churches and blowing up Buddha statues etc) I think we all hope and can agree that that is not the direction that we want Egypt to be heading. (that's a worst case scenario)

I doubt it's Islamists trying to destroy pre-Islamic culture. But if it is, they'd better run farther and faster than Mubarek once word gets out. Many Egyptians don't even consider themselves Arab, they are "Egyptian". That's based on pride in their history and ancient civilization. Woe to them who destroy it if they're caught.

Forum List

Back