Breaking: OMG they destroyed and looted the Tut exibit!

I'm hoping that King Tut exhibit was unharmed, I'm not finding anything saying that it was. Early this morning, al Jazeera was reporting the looting and vandalism and the military's and many citizens efforts to keep it from spreading.

Film I saw, didn't lead to conclusion of King Tut, rather valuable antiquities of metal works and statues. So I'm crossing my fingers. Two mummies though are reported destroyed, more would be possible.

This whole discussion is making me want to unpack Will and Ariel Durant's, Age of Civilization series.

You mean you don't have one opened and on your night stand ?

Nope, have been packed up for two years. Might have to start opening boxes. 11 volumes, each nearly 5-6 lbs. LOL!

King Tutankhamun 1323 BC​

king-tut_Mask.jpg

sar.jpg

In the museum that mask is sitting in a totally dark chamber with a light shining down on it. pure gold and onyx and lapis stone. it takes your breath away.

Breaking:

They are reporting that nothing from the museum of antiquities has been stolen...just vandalized.:cuckoo:

Breaking:

They are reporting that nothing from the museum of antiquities has been stolen...just vandalized.:cuckoo:

If that is the case, then I would put forward that quite possibly forces of Mubarak were sent to destroy and they simply vandalized.

I could easily see this happening. I hope so.

Breaking:

I would put forward that forces of Mubarak were sent to destroy the antiquities and they simply vandalized.

I could easily see this happening. I hope so.

Why in the world would he want to do that?

Although there is no evidence, it would make perfect sense.

Send one's forces to destroy priceless artifacts that are loved by your country's citizens. Then proceed to blame it on the demonstrations and those forces who have been causing trouble. In this case, the Pro-Democracy people. With the excuse of protecting national security and protecting the country's artifacts, cracking down on the citizens and taking away civil liberties.

Tl;dr: Manufacture a crisis in order to exploit it to take away civil liberties and destroy the demonstrators. Plus, get public opinion on your side.

Although there is no evidence, it would make perfect sense.

Send one's forces to destroy priceless artifacts that are loved by your country's citizens. Then proceed to blame it on the demonstrations and those forces who have been causing trouble. In this case, the Pro-Democracy people. With the excuse of protecting national security and protecting the country's artifacts, cracking down on the citizens and taking away civil liberties.

Tl;dr: Manufacture a crisis in order to exploit it to take away civil liberties and destroy the demonstrators. Plus, get public opinion on your side.

True that.

Protesters could be losing steam. The Egyptian People may decide to side with Mubarak over chaos. Mubarak may survive. I know the Media is already declaring him done,but i wouldn't be surprised if he survives. Stay tuned i guess.

When the International Media hype dies down,Mubarak will then begin to fight back. My prediction is that the Media will be leaving Egypt behind long before Mubarak does. When the cameras are turned off,look out Protesters.

Forum List

Back