Breaking News: U.S. Supreme Court Stops Gay Marriage In Utah

In your opinion, Avatar, and you don't speak for anybody but yourself, certainly not for God.

I agree. it's still wrong either way

That's your opinion, and you are free to not be involved in a homosexual marriage if that is your choice.

Im also free to call a square a circle. But it's not going to make the square any rounder, or make me look any saner.

You can call it a square, a circle, whatever you like. See, that's the great thing about freedom. You are free to decide whatever name you like for squares and circles for your own life. A free society refrains from making those decisions for other people. A free society lets polygons be polygons.

Translation: You are not capable of meeting your logical burden of proof, and are attempting to escape through the back door by leveraging an expectation for the opposition to conform with an argument to ignorance fallacy. Your fallacy is noted, as is your inability to support your premises.
Think what you like. I know the truth of it.
The truth of what? There are no studies that show gay people legally marrying is a detriment to society.
False alarm.

I know the truth of it, in this context = "I know that I am capable of articulating a variety of fairly solid reasons why people are put-off by homosexuality and why they believe that homosexuality is detrimental to society, even if you think that I am incapable of articulating such reasons."

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
This is where I become confused. Marriage s a conservative concept.

Why are conservatives against it and gays for it?

Gays want to be more conservative why don't we let them?
I could only speak for myself, however as a man of faith, I don't acknowledge nor endorse gay marriage. My faith is extremely important to me, and I would not ever consider abandoning my faith in order to endorse gay marriage.
How does a married gay couple threaten your faith?

This is indeed great news to hear. I am glad the SCOTUS stepped in and overruled a radical judge's ruling. Gay marriage should not be tolerated in the United States since it is a abomination. What we all should be promoting is the traditional marriage between man and woman. This is a win for moral family values and common decency.
Way to grab defeat from the jaws of victory. The Utah judge's ruling was certainly an abomination as he was legislating from the bench.

But while I don't agree there is anything wrong with gays being gay, that you believe it's government's job to promote morality, family values and common decency is really disturbing. I think it's the job of citizens and groups of citizens, like churches, to do that. Assigning that job to government, wow, what a terrible idea.

The truth of what? There are no studies that show gay people legally marrying is a detriment to society.

All government marriage is a detriment to society. It is another excuse for government to divide citizens and treat them differently. All citizens of a country should be the same to that country. Gay government marriage only makes it worse in that it expands the number of people they are able to divide and pit against each other.

I could only speak for myself, however as a man of faith, I don't acknowledge nor endorse gay marriage. My faith is extremely important to me, and I would not ever consider abandoning my faith in order to endorse gay marriage.

I certainly would never encourage you to enter into a gay marriage against your faith, but if that's your only issue, then why would it validate your faith to deny other people from entering into gay marriage?

No one has been denied any rights because of how they were born. So you agree that this isn't a civil rights issue. Atleast if we follow your definition.

Since people do not choose to be gay, only to act upon their inclinations, yes they are being denied because of how they were born.

What a liar you are.

"Yes, I chose to be gay." "I could have chosen a different path." "...for people like me, the discussion will no longer be about whether it was a choice or not. It will be about why the choice should not even be a topic of discussion.
"Yes, I chose to be gay. And that should be okay!"
I Chose to Be Gay | Filipino Freethinkers

So you know my experiences enough to call me a liar? I never chose to be attracted to women. Could you choose?

Think what you like. I know the truth of it.
False alarm.

I know the truth of it, in this context = "I know that I am capable of articulating a variety of fairly solid reasons why people are put-off by homosexuality and why they believe that homosexuality is detrimental to society, even if you think that I am incapable of articulating such reasons."

Hope that helps.

No, it doesn't. You still have not provided a detriment to society that occurs because I'm legally married to my same sex partner.

I certainly would never encourage you to enter into a gay marriage against your faith, but if that's your only issue, then why would it validate your faith to deny other people from entering into gay marriage?
I won't deny others from living their lifestyle choice, I just won't acknowledge it. Meaning that if I'm invited to a gay wedding ceremony, I would politely decline the invitation.

I won't deny others from living their lifestyle choice, I just won't acknowledge it. Meaning that if I'm invited to a gay wedding ceremony, I would politely decline the invitation.

Fair enough, that is your right.

All government marriage is a detriment to society. It is another excuse for government to divide citizens and treat them differently. All citizens of a country should be the same to that country. Gay government marriage only makes it worse in that it expands the number of people they are able to divide and pit against each other.

How's that legislation to end the cash and prizes going? You getting a lot of legislators onboard? How is such legislation doing in people's initiative states? Heck, I'd love to check all three signatures on that petition. :lol:

Forum List

Back