Breaking News: The Rich Discover Inequality

Where is it written that income is to be "equal"? Equal how?

Brain surgeon is to garbage collector is to fry bin flipper? All should be equal?

Did you read the articles or simply offering a distraction?

Let me introduce a member of the liberal elite:
Peter A. Georgescu
He's skeered. Here is his op-ed which came out in August.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/09/o...e-we-need-to-deal-with-income-inequality.html

The responses were so overwhelming that there was a Q&A. You can find this here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/11/o...atedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

Used up your allotted access to articles? Don't want to touch the NYT?
Here:
Breaking News: The Rich Discover Inequality

So, what to do?

We could, suggests one of his readers, stop the offshoring of jobs, which has undercut the wages of American workers. No, Georgescu responds, that would be "protectionist." End of discussion.

Another reader suggests we raise taxes on the rich. Certainly not, says Georgescu; government is too big and inefficient to give it any more money. And besides, "many wealthy people use their wealth wisely"; their contributions (tax subsidized, he omits to note) "help make this nation a more civilized place."

So what is our compassionate plutocrat's "free-market" solution? Businesses he says should get tax subsidies to increase the wages of people making less than $80,000. In other words government should pay a corporation every time it gives a raise to a low to middle income worker. With a straight face, Georgescu assures us that this would not be "an increase in government support."

And where, in the absence of taxes on the rich and in lieu of government borrowing, which he also denounces, would we get the money for this new program of corporate welfare? A deafening silence.
I suggest we lower our Tax burden and simplify Government at the same time. Why not abolish direct taxes for unemployment compensation in favor of a general tax on Firms.

Simply reserving labor at the rock bottom cost of a form of minimum wage could help enable capital to find more cost effective methods, than merely lowest rent seeking from labor.

Although none of the establishment kandidates beside Kasich is interested, there is a thought that by lowering rates while removing tax deductions, the middle class would catch a break, and the plutocrats would have more incentive to invest in production rather than tax break gimmicks. And further, that Obamacare and expanding medicare and Medicaid actually hurts the middle class because they have to pay for it. So, we'd be better off with just affordable catastrophic care for the uninsured, and raising the retirement age.

Brain surgeon is to garbage collector is to fry bin flipper? All should be equal?

I did. It doesn't answer the question.

The question is a distraction. It's nonsensical.

No, it is not. You are owed nothing for merely being alive.

I don't see that claim being made anywhere. Hence, nonsensical.

What claim?

What claim?

The ones that you are making.

What claim?

I am making no claim.

You did.

Well, it seems the old Alice Bot has wormed its way in here. Ta.

Billy, you have to say something worth responding to. You made some ignorant claims and have no intention of responding to the actual issues that were brought up. It's just a waste of my time.

What claim?

I am making no claim.

You did.

Billy, you have to say something worth responding to. You made some ignorant claims and have no intention of responding to the actual issues that were brought up. It's just a waste of my time.

I made no claim. I asked a question, and posted an axiom.

I am making no claim.

You did.

Try again.

Try again.
So where is it written that everyone should earn the same money?

Try again.
No one wants that.

Try again.
No one wants that.
So what do they want? What is a "fair" distribution of income? Why?

Try again.
No one wants that.
Everyone to have a minimum standard of living that society deems acceptable.

Try again.
No one wants that.
Everyone to have a minimum standard of living that society deems acceptable.

I have this guy on block. It gets pretty damn specific of what is necessary. When you allow him to move the discussion to a bunch of abstract nonsense then he doesn't have to actually deal with the issues. That means that the Democrats don't have to actually deal with the issues. He is actually closer to an elite liberal than he is aware of.

Forum List

Back