Breaking News: The Media Lied. Cotton's GOP Signed Letter Was Never Sent To Iran Or Anywhere Else

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
They fabricated the story that the letter Senator Tom Cotton drafted and signed by 46 members of the GOP was sent to Iranian leaders in an effort to derail the non-natural born Citizen presidents Nuclear Weapons Deal with them. It was never sent anywhere, not even to Iran. Read the article to see what the true story is.

National Review

RW's are pathological liars. I have no idea why when others lie it bothers them so much.

The letter was never represented as anything other than an "open letter".

No one lied.

The article lists multiple other articles which use the keywords "sent" as in Cotton sent the letter directly to Iran. This is also news to me, as I also believed he sent it there. Guess not.

It is an attempt to exaggerate or plainly deceive the public into thinking that Senator Cotton folded up that letter nice and neat, slipped it into an envelope, slapped a 49 cent stamp on it and mailed it to the Mullahs.

(Snort)

Last edited:
It was an "open letter".

Listen to idiot Cotton. He said the traitors "sent" a [treasonous] letter to Iran.

if he, or they, committed treason why hasn't holder charged them?

Could it be that what they did was less treasonous than Pelosi making a personal visit to Assad during the time Bush was trying to work a deal with him?

You have really make an asshole of yourself on this message board, maybe its time for you to find a board for adolescents instead.

• Banned

No one lied.

The article lists multiple other articles which use the keywords "sent" as in Cotton sent the letter directly to Iran. This is also news to me, as I also believed he sent it there. Guess not.

It is an attempt to exaggerate or plainly deceive the public into thinking that Senator Cotton folded up that letter nice and neat, slipped it into an envelope, slapped a 49 cent stamp on it and mailed it to the Mullahs.

(Snort)
Precisely. They deceived the masses by implying just what you stated.

"Breaking News: Media Lied"

----- from an asshat who's been carrying bogus quotes in his sigline for a freaking year.

Precisely. They deceived the masses by implying just what you stated.

I love this place. Saves me the trouble of visiting the sanitarium.

No one lied.

The article lists multiple other articles which use the keywords "sent" as in Cotton sent the letter directly to Iran.

Here is a quote from one of the "other articles" listed in the NR:

The banalities begin with the greeting: “An Open Letter to the Leaders of the Islamic Republic of Iran.”

Another:

But sending an open letter to Iran was dead wrong — and politically stupid.

One of the links is a petition, which any jackass can create. It is not a media report.

No one lied.

The article lists multiple other articles which use the keywords "sent" as in Cotton sent the letter directly to Iran.

Here is a quote from one of the "other articles" listed in the NR:

The banalities begin with the greeting: “An Open Letter to the Leaders of the Islamic Republic of Iran.”

Another:

But sending an open letter to Iran was dead wrong — and politically stupid.

One of the links is a petition, which any jackass can create. It is not a media report.

From the first of your quotes, the subline of that article states:

"The letter 47 Republican senators sent to Iran is one of the most plainly stupid things a group of senators has ever done."

And the second of your quotes:

"But sending an open letter to Iran was dead wrong — and politically stupid."

The petition was most likely created in response to the idea the letter was "sent" to Iran. People are gullible, and the media knows it. Don't try to spin it. The words "send" or "sent" were used repeatedly, thus setting the false narrative.

They fabricated the story that the letter Senator Tom Cotton drafted and signed by 46 members of the GOP was sent to Iranian leaders in an effort to derail the non-natural born Citizen presidents Nuclear Weapons Deal with them. It was never sent anywhere, not even to Iran. Read the article to see what the true story is.

National Review

I did not read the link, but even if the letter was never physically sent to Iran, it was still "sent" in that it was addressed to them and was published for all the world to see. So this is really a distinction without a meaningful difference.

Honestly, I still find it incredible that so many liberals are such dogmatic, unbending Obama supporters that they're upset with the GOP 47 letter but not upset that Obama is pushing for a deal that would enable Iran's fanatical, 12th Imam-believing, Holocaust-denying despots to get nuclear weapons in 10 years or less.

I do note, however, that the White House has been desperately trying in recent days, ever since Netanyahu's speech, to make the deal's terms sound much tougher than what Kerry was describing just a few weeks ago.

Forum List

Back