BREAKING NEWS: Founding fathers attempt to make military members homeless

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
The third amendment to the constitution states:

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Why can't these communist fucks get it through their skulls that the military are different, and they need special housing needs? Why do they hate the military so much?

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

What are you talking about? This means that no soldiers can be housed up in my house without my permission.

• Banned
Well, this seemed like the next logical conclusion, with all the talk about Obama trying to prevent military members from voting. But I still don't get it.

Why can't these communist fucks get it through their skulls that the military are different, and they need special housing needs? Why do they hate the military so much?

It just means that the government can't send military members to live in civilian houses without the owner's permission. Matter of fact, we still follow those rules today in places like Iraq, because if a team needs to be quartered, they contact the owner of the house, tell them that they will be paid well for the night and then they stay there.

I don't think that providing barracks (on federal land) qualifies for your bullshit rant.

BTW............got any proof that Obama is stopping the troops from voting?

Wow you are a Retard, or very Bad at Humor. lol

Wow you are a Retard, or very Bad at Humor. lol

The two options are not mutually exclusive.

m222069350.gif

Dumbest Idea Behind An OP Award for this thread.

ETA: And considering all the TM, and Poo Poo Doo Doo threads, that is an accomplishment.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? This means that no soldiers can be housed up in my house without my permission.

The purpose of quartering was to quell dissent and intimidate the people, to prevent freedom of assembly. It refers not only to the actual physical presence of a solder in the home but the manifestation of state authority in any context of one’s private life.

Various guarantees create zones of privacy. The right of association contained in the penumbra of the First Amendment is one, as we have seen. The Third Amendment, in its prohibition against the quartering of soldiers "in any house" in time of peace without the consent of the owner, is another facet of that privacy.

Griswold v. Connecticut

Well, this seemed like the next logical conclusion, with all the talk about Obama trying to prevent military members from voting. But I still don't get it.

There’s nothing to ‘get.’ It’s yet another idiotic rightist contrivance, as Obama is not trying to prevent military members from voting.

But you likely knew that already.

UBER-FAIL
:clap2:

Why do you hate soldiers?

Forum List

Back