BREAKING NEWS: Appeals court rules part of President Obama’s health care law unconsti

Re: Repealing the Individual Mandate Is a Terrible Idea

To repeat what I just said, in the absence of a major federal provision for deterring adverse selection (risk adjustment mechanisms aside), it will fall to the states to protect their Exchanges. The law sets minimum functionalities for state Exchanges, not a maximum. States that choose not to make design changes as necessary will see their individual markets suffer.

That said, only the first of ten titles of the ACA is about private insurance markets, as the court noted today. The vast majority of the law is unrelated to this issue.

So you admit that the "vast majority" of this law was nothing more than a power grab to begin with.

He is never on vacation.

Ever work at a job were you were on call 24/7? Well, take that experience and multiply it by say 100. The man does not get a vacation for 4 years. He is on the job for every minute of every day for the entire length of his term even while taking a crap.

Immie

Poor guy. He'll be able to take a real vacation soon.

really? who's gonna beat him?

Whoever the Republican nominee happens to be.

New sheriff in town.
alg_rick-perry-gun.jpg

Great pic,

I approve of this message

He is never on vacation.

Ever work at a job were you were on call 24/7? Well, take that experience and multiply it by say 100. The man does not get a vacation for 4 years. He is on the job for every minute of every day for the entire length of his term even while taking a crap.

Immie

Fine with me, but I would like to see his replacement be something other than a party insider. None of last night's "contenders" inspired me one bit. It seems pretty evident that whether or not Barack Obama is sent packing 2013 through 2016 are going to be just more of the same. :(

Immie
More of the same? The new President is going to continue Obama's unbroken spree of higher spending, more regulatin' non-stop government takeover of the economy?
I doubt it.

Fine with me, but I would like to see his replacement be something other than a party insider. None of last night's "contenders" inspired me one bit. It seems pretty evident that whether or not Barack Obama is sent packing 2013 through 2016 are going to be just more of the same. :(

Immie
More of the same? The new President is going to continue Obama's unbroken spree of higher spending, more regulatin' non-stop government takeover of the economy?
I doubt it.

Yes, they are. If they are not worse than Bush and Obama combined.

Talk is cheap and talk was very cheap in last night's "debate".

Oh and for the record, I have no confidence in either party or is it one party two different names?

Immie

In fact, Toddster, I wouldn't be surprised if should a Republican enter the oval office in 2013, he/she doesn't affirm the need for "Obamacare" (I hate that term) in the same manner that President Obama affirmed the need for the USA Patriot Act.

Immie

It's been ruled constitution as well. The 11th circuit ruling is only binding in that jurisdiction . Not nation wide.

That ruling has no bearing on the case that was just ruled... I already stipulated it was for the 26 states...

I must have missed that stipulation. Of course it has a bearing on the case that was ruled. It's one of the reasons why the issue is now "ripe" for a SCOTUS to take up.

It has no bearing on the states which just won their court case against the unconstitutional mandate....

It is not certain SCOTUS will take up the case... I do think they will, though...

In fact, Toddster, I wouldn't be surprised if should a Republican enter the oval office in 2013, he/she doesn't affirm the need for "Obamacare" (I hate that term) in the same manner that President Obama affirmed the need for the USA Patriot Act.

Immie

You've drank too much liberal cherry kool-aid in the past 24 hours. Take two zanex and come back tomorrow

Immie

You've drank too much liberal cherry kool-aid in the past 24 hours. Take two zanex and come back tomorrow

Do you think I like that idea? Do you think I support "Obamacare"?

On the contrary, I was opposed to the Patriot Act and I am opposed to "Obamacare". I am looking at this from a realist standpoint. Politicians live to accumulate power. "Obamacare" is a power grab. A politician is not going to willingly give up "Obamacare" or the tax dollars it will provide them in the future.

I think Republicans are pissed that Obama was the one that succeeded in bringing it about. He outsmarted them in their own game, but they will reap the rewards when their time has come. Just as Obama did with the USA Patriot Act.

All that doesn't mean I support the bill.

Immie

Last edited:
He is never on vacation.

Immie

My wife has a potted fern that has yet to declare...

Stands a fair chance...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Immie

On the contrary, I was opposed to the Patriot Act and I am opposed to "Obamacare". I am looking at this from a realist standpoint. Politicians live to accumulate power. "Obamacare" is a power grab. A politician is not going to willingly give up "Obamacare" or the tax dollars it will provide them in the future.

I think Republicans are pissed that Obama was the one that succeeded in bringing it about. He outsmarted them in their own game, but they will reap the rewards when their time has come. Just as Obama did with the USA Patriot Act.

Immie

They call it Obamacare. But wasn't it originally a republican idea?

Immie

It wasn't even Obama's idea. He didnt have any ideas. He left that to Pelosi and Reid.
The GOP had a very good plan. It of course got no hearing because Obama was busy capitulating to the Republicans. At least in the Democrat telling of it.

Immie

Well, according to some things I have read many of the pieces of it were originally Republican ideas. Including, I believe, the mandate.

Immie

Immie

Not the abortion that was passed, no...

Immie

Immie

I wasnt implying you supported it. I was inferring that youve let the libs goto your head. EVERY candidate has vowed to send out waivers to every state in their first week. And if they get enough votes it will be one of the first bills they repeal. They couldnt be clearer so that only leaves the possibility that the libs on here or elsewhere have you confused.

ps. why do you put your name in every post at the end? We know who you are.

Last edited:

Immie

Would you care to place a wager?

Immie

I wasnt implying you supported it. I was inferring that youve let the libs goto your head. EVERY candidate has vowed to send out waivers to every state in their first week. And if they get enough votes it will be one of the first bills they repeal. They couldnt be clearer so that only leaves the possibility that the libs on here or elsewhere have you confused.

Need I remind you that one of Candidate Obama's most out spoken promises was that he would not raise a single dime of taxes on any family making less than $250k and that the first thing he did upon entering office was to raise taxes on those families with his cigarette tax?

You obviously take them at their word. I'm looking at history and calling them liars.

I do it because I can.

Immie

Immie

Would you care to place a wager?

Sorry, I am unemployed thanks to Obama and the current economic situation.

You seem to think quite highly of the Republicans. I share no such infatuation.

I have given my opinion of the lot of them. We can wait and see what happens. As I said, I don't believe them.

Immie

Immie

Need I remind you that one of Candidate Obama's most out spoken promises was that he would not raise a single dime of taxes on any family making less than $250k and that the first thing he did upon entering office was to raise taxes on those families with his cigarette tax?

You obviously take them at their word. I'm looking at history and calling them liars.

I do it because I can.

Immie

No president has broken those kinds of promises in their first week. If you choose to be that skeptical I feel sorry for you.

Forum List

Back