Breaking: Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot

I gather no one can answer my question?

BTW, I find it a bit funny and a little sad that anyone here is wringing their hands over these allegations. How the fuck do you think appointments have been made in the past by any president?
I'm quite familiar with the spoils process... outlawed in the 1880's. This is a case of rent-seeking that was traditional back then, and should be criminally prosecuted. I'm for going after anyone who does this kinda shit. It's how corruption really infects the whole system and needs to be prevented from sliding by.

aaaaaannnnd there goes a round right into the powder magazine. P-BO looks to be in a lot of trouble if more similar information comes out. If that happens not even a DNC majority will be able to keep an independent council at bay and will have effectively killed any political capital he had left by making him poison, pre-midterm elections. Who wants a president under investigation campaigning for them?

Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich

I gather no one can answer my question?

BTW, I find it a bit funny and a little sad that anyone here is wringing their hands over these allegations. How the fuck do you think appointments have been made in the past by any president?
I'm quite familiar with the spoils process... outlawed in the 1880's. This is a case of rent-seeking that was traditional back then, and should be criminally prosecuted. I'm for going after anyone who does this kinda shit. It's how corruption really infects the whole system and needs to be prevented from sliding by.

What 1880's law are you referring to, Big Fitz? WTF is "rent seeking"? Blagojevich is charged with wire fraud and mail fraud. I don't claim to be a criminal law expert, but as best I can tell, the prosecution must prove he had the necessary intent to get a conviction.

And even if Blagojevich is found guilty of fraud, how is that attributable to Obama?

IF Obama was aware of his vacated Senate seast being sold he should be impeached.

IF Obama was aware of his vacated Senate seast being sold he should be impeached.

But that is not the claim. Harris claims Obama knew (or that he told someone who might could have told Obama) that Blagojevich wanted a quid pro quo political prize in exchange for appointing the person Obama wanted to his seat (or choosing among four he liked, or not choosing one Obama did not like...it's all very vague).

So once again, I have to ask: what crime is this thought to be? I can confidently state, it is not wire fraud or mail fraud, which are the charges now pending against Blagojevich.

Last edited:
This might get very interesting...
Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich

Alright everybody...

Ready, set ....... GO!

:meow:

So they have no proof? All the article said, was Blago thought he knew, after one guy talked to another guy, who then talked to another person, and so on. I call bullshit, and all this looks like is Blago trying to get off.
I do love how all the Republican jumped on Obama being guilty even though the article provided no proof that he was, but I am betting the same ones are defending Palin as we speak in the other thread. :lol:

I assume people say this because Ford pardoned Nixon?

No, I say it because it's common sense. No US President is going to do jail time. If he was found guilty of murdering an under aged hooker after having his way with her in down town Chicago he'd be pardoned.

You do realize they provided no proof that Obama did anything in the article?

What is with you and Bertie thinking investigations are over once ONE single article is written?

Um, someone doesn't know how to read.
Show me where I said the investigation was over? I think I clearly said they provided no proof IN THE ARTICLE! Is that clear enough for you?

...but we can dream, can't we? :lol:

You dream that a sitting US President committed a crime? You're fucked up dude.

I am. But it's no reason to discredit the fact that it's possible. (as undigestable as it might be) And, yes, I do realize that the article's don't prove shit. Hence the verbage "dream"....

Forgive Corndog, he was trying to pretend to be non partisan. Just like he pretends to not be a racist, or a woman hater.

Forum List

Back