Breaking: Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot

You dream that a sitting US President committed a crime? You're fucked up dude.

I am. But it's no reason to discredit the fact that it's possible. (as undigestable as it might be) And, yes, I do realize that the article's don't prove shit. Hence the verbage "dream"....

Forgive Corndog, he was trying to pretend to be non partisan. Just like he pretends to not be a racist, or a woman hater.

I don't hold grudges (much). "To each their own" right?

...and imprisoned. :eusa_pray:

are you kidding, biden would pardon him so fast your head would spin

:lol: You guys are such idiots!

WannabeCrunt,

You really think that this erstwhile "Community Organizer" who METEORICALLY ZOOMED thru the most NOTORIOUSLY CORRUPT POLITICAL CHICAGO MACHINE CONTROLLED BY MAFIOSO and COMMIE TYPES IS IGNORANT OF THE INNER WORKINGS OF THIS POLITICAL ABOMINATION ???????

ARE YOU REALLY THAT NAIVE OF A STUPID TWIT ????????

IDIOT ???????

You're the one that's an idiot living in La La Land STILL under the impression that the CONTINUALLY EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD, i.e. the Black Racist MARXIST Palestinian Guardian and Muslim PC Protector Obami Salami isn't a TOTALLY INCOMPETENT Political Charlatan.

WTF DOES IT TAKE TO HAVE YOU POLITICAL FOOLS ACKNOWLEDGE REALITY ?!?!?!?

You may be orgasming, CrusaderFrank. Some of us are just reading the paper and wondering what all the fuss is about. So far, the prosecution doesn't even have Blagojevich himself, nevermind laid a glove on Obama.

I gather no one can answer my question?

BTW, I find it a bit funny and a little sad that anyone here is wringing their hands over these allegations. How the fuck do you think appointments have been made in the past by any president?
I'm quite familiar with the spoils process... outlawed in the 1880's. This is a case of rent-seeking that was traditional back then, and should be criminally prosecuted. I'm for going after anyone who does this kinda shit. It's how corruption really infects the whole system and needs to be prevented from sliding by.

What 1880's law are you referring to, Big Fitz? WTF is "rent seeking"? Blagojevich is charged with wire fraud and mail fraud. I don't claim to be a criminal law expert, but as best I can tell, the prosecution must prove he had the necessary intent to get a conviction.

And even if Blagojevich is found guilty of fraud, how is that attributable to Obama?
Look up the historical references to the assassination of President Garfield. The guy who shot him was a nut who believed because of his support as a "Stalwart" was going to provide him with a cabinet post due to the spoils custom (system) of filling cabinet and other executive branch positions.

Wikipedia is your friend at times. :)

Spoils system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pendleton Civil Service Reform Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rent seeking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at what happened with Watergate. The crime was not that G. Gordon Liddy and 2 others bungled a burglary and it stopped. No, it was WHY the burglary started. Who ordered it, and what they were after. And that trail led right to the White House itself. This is not an innocent case of "I want Valerie Jarrett, so I'll trade you her a senatorship and I'll make you SecHUD". That is a crime. A violation of the Pendleton act for civil service reform as well as a base corruption of the governor's position of seeking graft for political influence. Like selling a stolen car, both parties are arrested and convicted the thief and the buyer for stealing AND buying stolen goods. Blago had a duty to fill the position, not to personally profit from it.

These are the basis points for all why this is a crime. Knowing our history is so critical these days.

Last edited:
Obama is quoted as saying (after Blahgo's arrest) that he had never met Blahgo. He went on to say he saw Blahgo once, from a distance, at a Bear's game. They're all a bunch of liars. Who can possibly be trusted.

These photos were all taken prior to Blahgo's arrest. LIARS!

The bottom photo looks like they're discussing "the seat". lol

2s6kj81.jpg

I can find no source other than a blogsite that proves Obama ever made the statement that he'd never met Blagoyevich. If you have one, please post it.

Anyone who believed he did not is a fool. Once a Chicago Politician always one.

I'm not foolish enough to believe that someone within the Obama administration wanted to influence who got the Senate seat, but to think Obama (or any of his staff) would promise an idiot like Blagojevich a cushy position is also an idiot. Being "Chicago politicians," Obama, Emanuel and Jarrett knew exactly what Blago was made of and that his only qualifications would have been for Comic Relief Czar.

Why wouldn't they promise him something? That is how politics works in Chicago.

Only in Chicago? Sure.

That is not a question I expect to hear anytime to soon.

Testimony: Obama Had 4 Senate Successors In Mind

CBS

Jurors in ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich's corruption trial got a purported look Thursday at a short list of candidates President Obama favored to replace him in the U.S. Senate.

Federal prosecutors played a tape that revealed the first official message from the budding Obama administration about who the president supported for the Senate seat.

In the call, Blagojevich's chief of staff, John Harris, tells his boss that Rahm Emanuel, Obama's soon-to-be top aide, had called him to give him a list of four people that Obama would find acceptable as his successor in the Senate. They were Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.; injured Iraq War vet Tammy Duckworth; U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky and Illinois State Comptroller Dan Hynes.

Harris tells Blagojevich "He doesn't want to say who he doesn't like," adding that if a person Blagojevich was considering was not on Emanuel's list, "he's not high on them." Harris explained that the message from Emanuel was that Illinois Senate President Emil Jones was not a favored candidate for the U.S. Senate spot.

Testimony: Obama Had 4 Possible Successors In Mind For His Senate Seat - cbs2chicago.com

So?

This might get very interesting...
Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich

Alright everybody...

Ready, set ....... GO!

:meow:

Nothing new there. That's been Blago's position all along, and OF COURSE his defense lawyer is going to attempt to prove it. However, thus far, it remains heresay evidence. Sorry to burst your balloon.

From the article:
Harris said Blagojevich came away believing Obama knew what he wanted after having a conversation with a local union representative, who in turn spoke with labor leader Tom Balanoff, with whom Blagojevich met to discuss a Jarrett appointment. Jarrett, now a White House adviser, was seeking the appointment to Obama's Senate seat.

According to that, there were four parties involved in an assumption.

Prosecutors played a tape in which Harris tells Blagojevich that Obama would be "very pleased" if Blagojevich appointed Valerie Jarrett to the Senate seat. Jarrett was a close friend and top fundraiser for Obama during his successful run for the White House.

Listen to the tapes and read transcripts here

Harris had earlier testified that Blagojevich had told a top union official with ties to the Obama camp that he would appoint Jarrett to the Senate seat if the president elect would appoint him as Secretary of Health and Human Services.

Told that Obama would be "thankful and appreciative" for a Jarrett appointment, Blagojevich clearly took it as a sign Obama would not make a deal.

"They're not willing to give me anything but appreciation," he says of the Obama camp. "F*** them."

Not long after that conversation, Jarrett took a position at the White House and withdrew from consideration for the Senate seat. That same day, Obama's chosen chief of staff, former U.S. Rep Rahm Emanuel, called Harris.

Emanuel gave Harris a list of four names that Obama would find "acceptable" as his successor: U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Illinois State Comptroller Dan Hynes, U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky and Illinois Veterans Affairs Director Tammy Duckworth.

Tapes In Blagojevich Trial Reveal Governor Venting Frustration With Obama Camp - cbs2chicago.com
\
Sounds plausible

So? The phone call is STILL heresay. When I hear the tape of Obama himself saying to Blago himself "I would be very pleased if you appointed Valerie Jarrett," then you'll have something.

Nice try...Even on an absolutely dead news day..this has no legs..no interest to anyone that isn't desperate to throw mud at our president.

It's even worse. They take the side of a known liar and fool before they would make the slightest concession that Blago is trying desperately to protect his own ass. But why be surprised? These same people now take the side of the big banking institutions that fucked them over because Obama reined them in, finally. They blame the federal government (Obama of course) for the oil spill growing out of control, not BP.

Nice try...Even on an absolutely dead news day..this has no legs..no interest to anyone that isn't desperate to throw mud at our president.

you've got a little obama on your chin

tissue?

It gets ridiculous, Del. There's plenty of valid criticism to lay on Obama, but there are still plenty of people who are sick to death of the abject attitude of pure revenge laid on this man. No matter what he does, they will take the opposite side even if it makes absolutely zero sense. And puleeze don't say "we" did the same thing to Bush. It was never, ever this bad during his first year in office. The public wasn't as engaged in politics then as it is now. Bush's biggest criticisms were regarding the war effort.

The Obamazombies are still trying to deal with that part Maddie, some of them still think he is perfect.

No, he's far from perfect and ironically, he's the first to say so. But he isn't the horrible, incompetent person the rabid righties claim he is. Apparently a good percentage of the American people also don't think so. His poll numbers are no worse than Reagan's, Clinton's, or Bush's at the same time. Once the honeymoon wears off, and reality smacks ya in the face, it can come as a huge surprise to people that it's easier said than done, and while trying to get 'er done, other shit happens.

I gather no one can answer my question?

BTW, I find it a bit funny and a little sad that anyone here is wringing their hands over these allegations. How the fuck do you think appointments have been made in the past by any president?
I'm quite familiar with the spoils process... outlawed in the 1880's. This is a case of rent-seeking that was traditional back then, and should be criminally prosecuted. I'm for going after anyone who does this kinda shit. It's how corruption really infects the whole system and needs to be prevented from sliding by.

So yeah, let's have Obama take the hit even though everybody else has been doing it for a hundred years or so. Gotcha.

You do realize they provided no proof that Obama did anything in the article?

What is with you and Bertie thinking investigations are over once ONE single article is written?

The prosecution hasn't had its turn yet at this Harris guy, for one thing. They must believe they have a solid case since it was the defense that wanted to delay the trial and the prosecution objected.

are you kidding, biden would pardon him so fast your head would spin

:lol: You guys are such idiots!

WannabeCrunt,

You really think that this erstwhile "Community Organizer" who METEORICALLY ZOOMED thru the most NOTORIOUSLY CORRUPT POLITICAL CHICAGO MACHINE CONTROLLED BY MAFIOSO and COMMIE TYPES IS IGNORANT OF THE INNER WORKINGS OF THIS POLITICAL ABOMINATION ???????

ARE YOU REALLY THAT NAIVE OF A STUPID TWIT ????????

IDIOT ???????

You're the one that's an idiot living in La La Land STILL under the impression that the CONTINUALLY EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD, i.e. the Black Racist MARXIST Palestinian Guardian and Muslim PC Protector Obami Salami isn't a TOTALLY INCOMPETENT Political Charlatan.

WTF DOES IT TAKE TO HAVE YOU POLITICAL FOOLS ACKNOWLEDGE REALITY ?!?!?!?

Don't you have a horny goat you need to take care of?

Wow... I'm totally surprised.. Okay not really. I don't know how anyone could be surprised by this.

Berry seems pathological in the lie arena. Doesn't he realize what goes around comes around? He's almost childlike...thinking he can lie and no one will notice. Part of the whole Narcisism disorder.

Rightwing Talking Point #121.

I heard you can get them in fortune cookies these days...:eusa_whistle:

Apparently, Blagojevich is charged with mail and wire fraud. But if the government cannot prove he engaged in the alleged conduct in exchange for (or in hopes of) a bribe or kickback, I don't see this case going anywhere.

As for Obama, I just cannot see where any criminal conduct has been even remotely suggested. So far, what I see is a whole lot of deal making or discussion -- ain't that kinda sorta how politics is meant to go?

Rod Blagojevich corruption charges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty much. That's politics. And that's why Blagojevich was so pissed off with only "appreciation".

Have to kind of admire Blagojevich...his chuzpa is the gift that just keeps on giving....

The whole thing was orchestrated by Satan AKA Rahm Emanuel. This President was also involved with this thing. To think otherwise would be both ignorant & delusional. How could he not know what was going on with his seat? Satan runs the show in this White House and i believe he should be arrested as well.

Which explans why Rahm has one foot out the door already... he's first to be thrown under the bus. And he may drag Obama along with him.
Depends on how firm a grip he has on P-BO's ankle and who's going to sacrifice themselves to save their boss. This has the potential to go down like the destruction of the Boss Tweed Machine when Arthur got elected.

Rahm's looking like prison bait, and this could spread into the Rezko case as well as the Daley Machine AND the Election Law Violations with Sleestack and others offered jobs so not to run.

It's the coverup that always kills you in the end and there's a lot of shit covered, and he's not nearly as smart or charismatic as slick willy.

This should be a blast to watch. OL'Rawm making noises like he's going to leave BO's administration 2 years early is really stinky. I think OL'RAWM will be throwing himself on his sword for Barry Boy by the time all is said and done.

Should be a very interesting trial with all kinds of dirt coming out.

Just saying.

Forum List

Back