Break up Facebook

This is just a necessity as these two companies have legal protections provided by law, so they should have to be broken up to provide a competitive forum.

Another "small" government conservative looking to Big Brother government to fix your problem because the free market isn't working in your favor.

I want real competition in these services and no monopoly.

If you think that is pro-big government, so be it.

They aren't a monopoly

Depends....

They don't have to be technically a perfect Monopoly to fall under the guidelines of the government's antitrust regulations.

For instance recently Amazon was clandestinely buying up salespace on eBay.
It was strictly an illegal move being done through a dummy corporation. Customers who visited that sale space were redirected to Amazon. That's exactly the kind of thing of the attorney general could use to indicate to a federal judge that Amazon is a de facto Monopoly even if it's not a perfect Monopoly.

Jo

They aren't a monopoly

Depends....

They don't have to be technically a perfect Monopoly to fall under the guidelines of the government's antitrust regulations.

It was strictly an illegal move being done through a dummy corporation. Customers who visited that sale space were redirected to Amazon. That's exactly the kind of thing of the attorney general could use to indicate to a federal judge that Amazon is a de facto Monopoly even if it's not a perfect Monopoly.

Jo

There are multiple social media platforms out there, not just Facebook and Twitter. They just happen to be the most popular. An oligopoly might be a better description than a monopoly.

If only there was some way for one to start their own social media platform. If only...

If only there was some way for one to start their own social media platform. If only...

Yeah, I've brought that up many times. Nothing is stopping a few conservative techie nerds from creating their own social media platform for the right, or better yet, for everyone without engaging in bias of any kind and give FB and Twitter a run for their money.

They aren't a monopoly

Depends....

Jo

There are multiple social media platforms out there, not just Facebook and Twitter. They just happen to be the most popular. An oligopoly might be a better description than a monopoly.
How many of these other platforms do govt agencies use.....
Bakers aren't monopolies

Nor are Facebook and Twitter and conservatives aren't for smaller government.
Virtual monopolies....No diff than ATT....I would also bet those other platforms get zero govt use. And we know The Goog interferes with other browsers on you might be using.

Yeah, I've brought that up many times. Nothing is stopping a few conservative techie nerds from creating their own social media platform for the right, or better yet, for everyone without engaging in bias of any kind and give FB and Twitter a run for their money.

It’s far easier to get the government involved than it is to put in the time, effort, and, capital. I am amazed to see so many suddenly believe they have a right to a social media account.

It’s far easier to get the government involved than it is to put in the time, effort, and, capital. I am amazed to see so many suddenly believe they have a right to a social media account.
And the right to have the govt. force people to have a platform while denying gay people cakes...

This is just a necessity as these two companies have legal protections provided by law, so they should have to be broken up to provide a competitive forum.

Another "small" government conservative looking to Big Brother government to fix your problem because the free market isn't working in your favor.

I want real competition in these services and no monopoly.

If you think that is pro-big government, so be it.

They aren't a monopoly

A monopoloy does not have to be 100% of a market, it can be as low as 75% or less.

The point is that they control the vast majority of communication such that they have no significant competition.

Washington should fix this.

I find it troubling that you choose the side of the monopoly of media instead of competition.

Correct.... This is actually why Bob Barr is in town. He has been pounding that drum for the past five years. He's not all that interested in the hoax BS....he is going to be going after Google, Amazon and Facebook....
Maybe Twitter too.

Jo

I don't have that much faith in Barr...

Too many ties to the globalist Bush regime....

I might be wrong, he may be a man of principle and ready to clean up the DC swamp.

and bakers should be forced to bake that cake because of legal protections needed to make sure everyone is served equally.

Bakers aren't monopolies

Facebook is not a monopoly.

Be honest.....how much market share does GAB have

Forum List

Back