Break up Facebook

If only there was some way for one to start their own social media platform. If only...
Ever hear of Minds?

I didn't think so.

I have heard of Minds, but I am not familiar with how many people post on that platform. I would think it would be a huge success since conservatives are being treated so poorly by Twitter and Facebook.

This is just a necessity as these two companies have legal protections provided by law, so they should have to be broken up to provide a competitive forum.

Another "small" government conservative looking to Big Brother government to fix your problem because the free market isn't working in your favor.

I want real competition in these services and no monopoly.

If you think that is pro-big government, so be it.

As much as it pains me to admit it, DTMB has a point. There is nothing stopping someone for making a better website than AssBook or GoogleTube. If everyone I knew and cared to keep up with knew about them, we'd join.

Remember "MySpace"?

That used to be it. Not sure how AssBook took over.

If only there was some way for one to start their own social media platform. If only...

Yeah, I've brought that up many times. Nothing is stopping a few conservative techie nerds from creating their own social media platform for the right, or better yet, for everyone without engaging in bias of any kind and give FB and Twitter a run for their money.

It’s far easier to get the government involved than it is to put in the time, effort, and, capital. I am amazed to see so many suddenly believe they have a right to a social media account.
This is just a necessity as these two companies have legal protections provided by law, so they should have to be broken up to provide a competitive forum.

and bakers should be forced to bake that cake because of legal protections needed to make sure everyone is served equally.

Bakers aren't monopolies

Facebook is not a monopoly.

Be honest.....how much market share does GAB have

Beats me. If I feel a business is treating me or people like me unfairly I would take my business elsewhere. Close your FB and Twitter accounts and tell them exactly why you are doing so. It’s odd that some of the same people that used to blast the Fairness Doctrine are now demanding it for certain social media platforms.

Actually Facebook and Twitter can be fought against by starting more Conservative social media platforms.

Hell the USMB could be the groundbreaking site to bring them down...

Another "small" government conservative looking to Big Brother government to fix your problem because the free market isn't working in your favor.

They aren't a monopoly

I have to agree with Taz on this one..

Start your own services.
You have done that, right?

"IOW, I'm a Trump supporter and Pretend Conservative, and I believe Big Gubmint should interfere in individual liberty and freedom because I don't like what that company is doing."

Awesome ethics.
Pretty much the thing with CRCs....."complain and accuse Liberals of something....while you are doing it or trying to do it yourself."

Yeah, I've brought that up many times. Nothing is stopping a few conservative techie nerds from creating their own social media platform for the right, or better yet, for everyone without engaging in bias of any kind and give FB and Twitter a run for their money.

It's interesting that "conservatives" brag that they're the ones who are for capitalism, and they make the best businessmen, yet some of the biggest companies to ever exist are the constant targets of their ire.You'd figure with all that business acumen they possess they'd create a company that would blow Google, Twitter, Amazon, Facebook, etc. out of the water

Correct.... This is actually why Bob Barr is in town. He has been pounding that drum for the past five years. He's not all that interested in the hoax BS....he is going to be going after Google, Amazon and Facebook....
Maybe Twitter too.

Jo

I don't have that much faith in Barr...

Too many ties to the globalist Bush regime....

I might be wrong, he may be a man of principle and ready to clean up the DC swamp.

Yes he's a Bush era player for sure. That was my original concern with his appointment. The Bushes are actually closer to the Clinton's than they are to Trump. Now that senior is gone the impressive Global business interests fall to George and Jeb.
Another reason why the Democratic house is clueless about who Barr actually is.

Jo

Unless they are receiving government funds the gov has no business doing anything to them unless they are breaking the law. If that goes down, then freedom truly is lost. The answer to this is for others to start their own social media forums and do it like they want too. And, on the subject of free speech, you sure as hell can shout fire in a crowded theater, but there better be a fire.

It's interesting that "conservatives" brag that they're the ones who are for capitalism, and they make the best businessmen, yet some of the biggest companies to ever exist are the constant targets of their ire.You'd figure with all that business acumen they possess they'd create a company that would blow Google, Twitter, Amazon, Facebook, etc. out of the water

You don't need politics to understand the potential damage of a Monopoly or a near Monopoly. The most dangerous men in world History were the Robber Barons of the Gilded age.

Jo

You don't need politics to understand the potential damage of a Monopoly or a near Monopoly. The most dangerous men in world History were the Robber Barons of the Gilded age.

Jo

Start your own competitor.

Jo

I hear what you're saying and I agree.
That however does not alleviate the pressure from the already dominant Giants.
They will be broken up...and it will be a bipartisan decision not based on jealousy but based on the already numerous
Crimes that all of them have committed.

Jo

It’s far easier to get the government involved than it is to put in the time, effort, and, capital. I am amazed to see so many suddenly believe they have a right to a social media account.

and bakers should be forced to bake that cake because of legal protections needed to make sure everyone is served equally.

Bakers aren't monopolies

Facebook is not a monopoly.

Be honest.....how much market share does GAB have

Beats me. If I feel a business is treating me or people like me unfairly I would take my business elsewhere. Close your FB and Twitter accounts and tell them exactly why you are doing so. It’s odd that some of the same people that used to blast the Fairness Doctrine are now demanding it for certain social media platforms.

Never had any….doesn't mean issue doesn't interest or affect me.

Jo

They will be broken up...and it will be a bipartisan decision not based on jealousy but based on the already numerous

Jo

They are not monopolies because they are not essential services, and there are competitors. While a lot of people do use more than one social media platform there are people who have stopped using Facebook to use Instagram. Or stopped using Instagram to use Snapchat. Facebook and Twitter are not services unto themselves. They are competing social media platforms.

Jo

Jo

They are not monopolies because they are not essential services, and there are competitors. While a lot of people do use more than one social media platform there are people who have stopped using Facebook to use Instagram. Or stopped using Instagram to use Snapchat. Facebook and Twitter are not services unto themselves. They are competing social media platforms.
In some ways they...bet there isn't a govt agency in US that doesn't use them......Instagram is nowhere near what facebook is as an information platform

Jo

Jo

In some ways they...bet there isn't a govt agency in US that doesn't use them......Instagram is nowhere near what facebook is as an information platform

Instagram's policies don't appear to be nearly as sporadic as FB. The scariest thing about Facebook is its ownership construct.
I'm beginning to question whether or not Zuckerberg is still even sane. He has absolutely no respect for business laws; and is apparently as pragmatic anf ruthless as a female praying mantis.

Jo

Jo

Jo

Instagram is owned by Facebook. My point is that people move from one to the other. It could be from Facebook to Instagram. It could be from Facebook to Twitter. It could be Twitter to whatever the fuck comes next. They are all under the umbrella of "social media". There is no "Facebook company" the same way there used to be a "telephone company".

Forum List

Back