Bread of Life Discourse really brings home the center of Catholic faith

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The Bread of Life discourse really brings home the center of Catholic faith, that the bread and wine at the Mass is the literal presence of Jesus Christ's Body and Blood, shed for us during the sacrifice of the crucifixion.

That belief, which many other Christian denominations have strayed from, is much more important than anyone who isn't Catholic could possibly realize.

The Bread of Life discourse makes it clear that regular participation in the Eucharist is a requirement of Christian living, something we need to do to have life within us.

While it is possible to be a Christian without participation in this feast, it is not the way Jesus taught was best for us.

As a Catholic who quite regularly misses Mass, I am missing out on the essential of what my Church offers, a place at Christ's table.

The Bread of Life discourse really brings home the center of Catholic faith, that the bread and wine at the Mass is the literal presence of Jesus Christ's Body and Blood, shed for us during the sacrifice of the crucifixion.

That belief, which many other Christian denominations have strayed from, is much more important than anyone who isn't Catholic could possibly realize.

The Bread of Life discourse makes it clear that regular participation in the Eucharist is a requirement of Christian living, something we need to do to have life within us.

While it is possible to be a Christian without participation in this feast, it is not the way Jesus taught was best for us.

As a Catholic who quite regularly misses Mass, I am missing out on the essential of what my Church offers, a place at Christ's table.
that the bread and wine at the Mass is the literal presence of Jesus Christ's Body and Blood,

Cannibalism

that the bread and wine at the Mass is the literal presence of Jesus Christ's Body and Blood,

Cannibalism
That's what some of Christ's followers thought, so they left him.

Forum List

Back