Bravo Mr Harper, Bravo

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ba1614, Sep 9, 2012.

1. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  2. Jos

Jos BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +733
    Convention Journal: Obama
    That goes for Canada Too

3. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,529
    Unlike Obama, Harper meets with Netanyahu

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F__LQmKbWmo&list=UU4XJnRPZjXhgvVMhXKNSJvQ&index=1&feature=plcp]‫[/ame]

4. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,022
    My Prime Minister Harper rocks.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Designing Woman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,967
    Stephen Harper isn't the worst Prime Minister we've ever had, and he's hasn't completely fucked anything up yet. But I can't wait for him to be gone.

6. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    What's the alternative though? A guy with France citizenship and allegiances who can't be asked a question without getting mad, or Trudeau the drama teacher who has never accomplished fuck all? Both of which will hammer Canada with more taxes on anything and everything, AND a guaranteed Carbon tax?

Although Harper has been a bit of a disappointment on the fiscal side of things, he is by far and away the better of the 3 for Canada.

7. Dragonlady

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,967
    I'd like to see a carbon tax, but the Liberals are far more fiscally responsible than the Conservatives. It's the same as the US - they talk about smaller government, but Harper installed the biggest cabinet in history.

With Jack Layton gone, I would never vote NDP, unless the Libs and PC's continue to run empty shirts in our riding. I live in the Beaches in Toronto which was Jack's home riding. I liked Jack, but I still am leery of the NDP.

We'll have to see what happens at the Liiberal convention. The Liberals need to fight back the moment the Conservatives start running those lying POS attack ads against whoever wins.

8. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,022

Why on earth would you desire a carbon tax? And don't play holier than thou over attack ads. Liberals have run more their share of them as well.

That's politics.

9. Dragonlady

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,967
    To curb carbon emission. Canadians are one of the worst countries, and we've done almost nothing since the Conservatives came into power to cut greenhouses gases in this country.

The Conservatives are flat out lying in their attack ads. The "He didn't come back for you" campaign against Ignatief was a lie and it went on from the time he became party leader until the election. By that time, nearly everyone in Canada thought Ignatief didn't come back for them. I was never a fan of the guy, but the lying pisses me off.

A lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.

10. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,022
    I thought it was a fabulous advertisement. And true. But then I'm a Conservative.

And forcing an election at that time? When he was so down in the polls? All I can figure is the Party wanted to get rid of him. It was one of most serious political blunders in Canadian history. Well next to Dion ever becoming leader of the Liberals :)

And it wasn't that Iggy lost as much as it was Layton's moment to shine. I hail from the Golden Horseshoe and lived in Toronto for many years.

Despite being a conservative I have admired Jack and Olivia's fierce loyalty to their constituents since they entered the political fray years ago.

It wasn't the ads against Iggy you see. It was Layton offering a beacon of hope to true progressives. (I used to be a left winger so I understood Jack's immediate connection with the people).

And Iggy just couldn't connect. That simple.

Now onto carbon emissions. China has almost 1/4 of the world's emissions at 23.53%
    and we stand at 1/82%.

I'm not sweating it.

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia