Braves ship Francoeur, cash to Mets

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Wtf?

new york -- the free-falling mets finally made a move, trading ryan church to the atlanta braves for jeff francoeur and cash on friday in a swap of outfielders who had fallen out of favor with their teams.

The rare deal between nl east rivals came with both teams below .500. The mets are desperate for a spark with stars carlos beltran, jose reyes and carlos delgado on the disabled list and also are looking toward 2010, preferring francoeur's right-handed bat and strong throwing arm in right at spacious citi field.

New York Mets swap Ryan Church for Atlanta Braves' struggling OF Jeff Francoeur, cash - ESPN

Hey, I'll take Church for Francoeur anyday right now. Frenchy just ain't getting it done for us. This comes as a shock, merely because it is between Atlanta and NY, two teams that try not to deal with each other as a matter of principle.

Yeah, I get that part.

Besides, the Twins would have to trade about half of the Rochester Red Wings to get Santana back.

You are gonna need more than that. Santana makes about a third of the entire Twins payroll.

You will find Church is a shell of himself, he's never recovered from concussion.

This was a deal of one disapointment for another.

Yeah, I get that part.

Besides, the Twins would have to trade about half of the Rochester Red Wings to get Santana back.

You are gonna need more than that. Santana makes about a third of the entire Twins payroll.
Pretty much.

But the Twins don't really need starting pitching anyways...They need more clutch hitting and HR power.

Hey, I'll take Church for Francoeur anyday right now. Frenchy just ain't getting it done for us. This comes as a shock, merely because it is between Atlanta and NY, two teams that try not to deal with each other as a matter of principle.

I don't know man, even though Francoeur isn't producing, I think he's a way better player than Church. The fact that the Mets would be willing to leave Church in the division says a lot. I think you guys got played, but I guess we'll wait and see.

I would definitely laugh my ass off though if all the sudden Francoeur started producing to his potential.

The Cubs can use anybody that knows how to catch, hit and run bases. Got any good high school players out there that wants to play pro ball?

Cubs_tradition.jpg

Already 2 RBI's so far for Franceour in his Mets debut. :lol:

I'm telling you, the Mets won big in this deal. Franceour is way better than his Atlanta numbers indicate.

I'm upset he's still in the division, he typically hurts the Phils.

I don't know man, even though Francoeur isn't producing, I think he's a way better player than Church. The fact that the Mets would be willing to leave Church in the division says a lot. I think you guys got played, but I guess we'll wait and see.

I would definitely laugh my ass off though if all the sudden Francoeur started producing to his potential.

All I know is that he wasn't producing in Atlanta. Church isn't even close to my dream come true, but it isn't a secret that he wasn't happy in NY, just as Frenchy wasn't happy in the ATL. This one of those "shit happens" trades. I hope Church just needed new scenery.

However, I am afraid that you are correct. I am quite certain that Frank Wren is terminally retarded.

All I know is that he wasn't producing in Atlanta. Church isn't even close to my dream come true, but it isn't a secret that he wasn't happy in NY, just as Frenchy wasn't happy in the ATL. This one of those "shit happens" trades. I hope Church just needed new scenery.

However, I am afraid that you are correct. I am quite certain that Frank Wren is terminally retarded.

My biggest problem with the trade is the cash. That's a straight up player for player deal if I've ever seen one, there should have been no cash involved. Not only was Franceour good enough on his own merits, Church CERTAINLY wasn't worth paying extra cash for on top of it. Atlanta was obviously just desperate to move him, and I think the feelings were mutual.

We shall see, though.

Well, so far for not having ANY kind of protection in that lineup, he's had some good games and some bad games at the plate.

Maybe when Beltran comes back, and Franceour could hit 5th with Sheffield behind him, but I'd suspect it would be vice versa with Shef in the 5th spot and still no one to protect Francoeur.

Maybe next season when Delgado is back healthy. I still think this kid is good.

Francoeur among the league leaders in hitting so far this year, with no protection at all out of the 5 hole.

I told you guys this kid was good.

Forum List

Back