Bravery beyond: Hero teenager hid terrified rape victim and fended off her attacker

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Courage beyond words. When all you ever hear about teenagers these days is "gun violence", "drug use", "genital diseases"; oh so many negatives, it is hard to remember that those problematic teens are far outnumbered by many good children out there.

It's worth the read. Gripping.

This story is just unreal. This young man deserves a medal. Here's part of the story, rest at link:

Hero teenager hid terrified rape victim in his home and fended off her crazed attacker with a knife as he tried to smash his way into house

A brave teenager armed only with a simple hunting knife faced down a rapist trying to break into his home last week, proving himself a hero to his younger brother and sister and the the man's victim.

Entrusted by his father to babysit while he ran an errand to the family business around 10 p.m., James Persyn, 14, was startled by the frantic screaming and banging of a woman at the front door of their Shepherd, Michigan home on Wednesday night.

Letting the desperate woman inside, five-foot-eight, 142-pound James rushed her, his 11-year-old sister and two-year-old brother into an upstairs bathroom before arming himself with his weapon, ready to defy the rapist who by now was screaming 'Let me in or I'll kill you.'

'Her voice was, like, she was going to die if I didn't open that door,' said James about the terrified woman pounding on his door.Despite this, James opened his door and as he did so, the woman charged in, ran to the kitchen and hid according to the Detroit Free Press.

'I let her in, and she asked me if my parents were home. I told her no. She said, 'We’ve got to hide. I was just kidnapped, and I’ve just jumped out of a vehicle. We’ve got to hide now."

Heroic 14-year-old boy lets fleeing rape victim into his house and fends off attacker with a knife | Mail Online

And bless his soul for being so brave.

article-2265678-170F6CFC000005DC-727_634x748.jpg

Last edited:
Sad thing is he probably will be charged for possession of a deadly weapon.
And the local paper will publish his address and the school he goes to...

Well it's all part of the public record is it not.....

Good job young man...
There are plenty of people in the world very proud of you.

Boy has some balls.

Hope he learns while he is still young that being a hero gets you killed or arrested as much as it gets your notoriety.

There was this guy named Richard Jewel.....

Boy has some balls.

Hope he learns while he is still young that being a hero gets you killed or arrested as much as it gets your notoriety.

There was this guy named Richard Jewel.....

I'm glad Richard Jewell never stopped fighting to clear his name and punish the media. The hack job they did on Jewell was unreal.

He's passed now. RIP.

But I hope this young man continues to believe "good guys" can win.

Kid did a very brave thing. Hope he's rewarded with a medal, or some other honor, because he deserves it.

Forum List

Back