Brain dead Medicaid patients on life support

For the DUMB ASSES HERE. Even the folks they can help get left in Florida hospitals

MILLIONS of dollars wasted and you kooks denied it is going on.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/article 1186020.ece

How stupid do you folks feel now. Do you want me to make you look even more uninformed with links showing the tens of millions on the brain dead folks, all wasted?

FIVE FUCKING THOUSAND DOLLARS A DAY THE HOSPITALS CHARGE and you morons do not believe hospitals are running up the tab.
How stupid could anyone ever be, naive and gullible Americans.

You fools are too easy.

Wham it zero on set, EP team on the ready, KO team on the pads and 4th string D to group.
He estimates Bayfront has three or four patients a year who need long-term ventilator care

:rolleyes:

That isn't an ICU full of brain dead patients, now is it braniac?

And your article says that the hospital can't discharge them because there aren't enough places that can provide care, not that the hospitals are keeping people alive against their will.

I figured you were lying.

My son works for a private health nursing staffing agency staffing nurses for Medicaid patients. One of the things he does is staff nurses to watch totally brain dead folks on respirators. His company bills Medicaid $40 an hour for 84 hours each week to sit and watch these people that have no chance whatsoever of ever living a productive life again. His company bills Medicaid $3360.00 a week for this. He has numerous patients they staff for this.
Do the math. He states that with the other administrative work that is involved the total cost is $200,000.00 a year in tax payer $$ to keep these people alive.
He states that many parents and family do not want it but that many people just sit and watch their loved ones with no chance of any productive life. The reason they need the care is that these people can not blink their eyes as they have no brain function for this.
Ethically, he believes this is a waste of money even though his company makes a lot of $$ off of it.
I posted it in this section because he states that almost all of the families that demand this Medicaid program are very religous and will not allow their family members to be taken off of life support.
I saw this when my father died. Full ward of 85+ year old patients billing Medicare $5,000 a day in ICU in south Florida hospitals on respirators with no chance of ever doing anything. Everyone of them brain dead.
This has to change. No other country on earth allows this kind of waste.

I agree. But watch the hew and cry the first time Medicare tries to unplug granny.

Not to mention that you have to actually give the DNR to the hospital staff, not merely have it in your wallet.

DNR order was ALREADY AT THE HOSPITAL, been there for almost a year as Dad had been there 3 other times that year. Same hospital. Right to life card in wallet. DNR on file and in the chart.
Try again. Please tell us you have something better than that.
If he had a DNR he wouldn't be sent to the hospital three times. Maybe you don't know what DNR means.

If everyone had a DNI, this wouldn't be an issue......

Sooo..we should kill people, who are on state medical, if the medical costs too much.

Which is exactly the primary problem those of us with consciences have with government health care in the first place.

Who says anything about killing them KG.... There is a difference between killing someone.. and letting them go.

Medscape: Medscape Access

Amazing that people seem to believe that patients go into a magical stasis when on a vent. The outcome if you ate on a vent long enough is septic shock with multi organ dysfunction. If you are really unlucky, one of those organs is your brain which suffers from anoxic damage and leaves you permanently cognitively impaired.

Sooo..we should kill people, who are on state medical, if the medical costs too much.

Which is exactly the primary problem those of us with consciences have with government health care in the first place.

Who says anything about killing them KG.... There is a difference between killing someone.. and letting them go.

Oh I agree.

And I never got anything like a straight answer from the people who support it. They are making up a pretend situation where all these people are being forcibly kept alive on machines, and claim we need to make it easier to let them go..

But it's a false construct, and they aren't talking about just the people who are kept alive on machines. They're talking about ANYONE who is a burden on society, according to them....try to pin them down and see what you get. They've been all over the place in this thread.

Oh I agree.

And I never got anything like a straight answer from the people who support it. They are making up a pretend situation where all these people are being forcibly kept alive on machines, and claim we need to make it easier to let them go..

But it's a false construct, and they aren't talking about just the people who are kept alive on machines. They're talking about ANYONE who is a burden on society, according to them....try to pin them down and see what you get. They've been all over the place in this thread.

Well, here in Georgia and most all other states with conservative Republican leaders, Medicaid is going to managed care not by the way it is done now with the administration of it by private insurance companies and then the government paying the tab.
It is going to strict managed care and guess what comes with that?
A gradual end to what is happening now. NO long stays for brain dead folks on life support.
Period. The party is over THANK GOD.
Last time I looked the Republicans doing this ARE NOT PROGRESSIVES.

I'll draw the line at what I think my loved one's wishes are. That does not include death from sepsis due to ventilator associated pneumonia.

Yes, suffocation is so much better.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Much better is for people who have no hope for extubation ever being intubated. It wasn't ever meant to be a permanent life support system.

Of course, I know this because I actually know what I am talking about and am not arguing based off emotions.

So take your righteous indignation and shove it up your ass.

Lovely, but makes no difference. We still haven't established that these alleged hordes of dead people are being kept alive against the will of their loved ones, or that people who should be dead are being forced onto life support.

Conspiracy theories. A horror story to justify killing off unwanted, disabled folks that lovely people like you don't want to be bothered with. This has nothing to do with the pretend population of zombies being stored somewhere to generate $$ for crooked health professionals. It has everything to do with whackos who want to kill off whole groups of people they see as extraneous.

Yes, suffocation is so much better.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Much better is for people who have no hope for extubation ever being intubated. It wasn't ever meant to be a permanent life support system.

Of course, I know this because I actually know what I am talking about and am not arguing based off emotions.

Lovely, but makes no difference. We still haven't established that these alleged hordes of dead people are being kept alive against the will of their loved ones, or that people who should be dead are being forced onto life support.

Conspiracy theories. A horror story to justify killing off unwanted, disabled folks that lovely people like you don't want to be bothered with. This has nothing to do with the pretend population of zombies being stored somewhere to generate $$ for crooked health professionals. It has everything to do with whackos who want to kill off whole groups of people they see as extraneous.

What in the hell are you talking about? If I didn't want to deal with the infirm, I wouldn't be in health care.

Troll-fail.

Must be nice to now be on Medicaid or any state paid for medical benefits. Government workers are also about as dumb as they get as very soon their health care benefits will resemble what the rest of us have had for decades:
At least a $5,000.00 deductible per year per family member on the policy with high deductibles and limits on coverage. No way we receive the freebies Medicaid and Medicare folks get.
The party is over folks. Sorry we borrowed those trillions to pay for over priced disease care.

What in the hell are you talking about? If I didn't want to deal with the infirm, I wouldn't be in health care.

Troll-fail.

Many people go into medicine as a power trip.

Lots of them.

Anyway, has anyone supported the lie that there are masses of people being forced to live on life support, despite the wishes of their family to off them?

Troll-fail.

Lots of them.

Anyway, has anyone supported the lie that there are masses of people being forced to live on life support, despite the wishes of their family to off them?

I'll ignore your continued troll-fail and skip to your second: I have no idea, it sounds too fishy to be true. Also, I don't support the notion that people should be hooked or unhooked due to costs.

If their is no DNR/DNI, then the next of kin should act in the best interest of the patient.

Either way, sepsis is the eventual end point of being on a ventilator too long. People can't stay on them indefinitely.

So you're just randomly talking about sepsis, and not addressing the topic at all. Thanks. Riveting.

Oh I agree.

I have no problem with an answer for it KG..... if you cant pay for it... or your family cant pay for it.... pull the plugs.

That's nice, syrenn. I already know exactly how much value you place on humanity.

No, I have no problem with pulling the plug.

It happens all the time without any fanfare at all.

I object to this difficult issue being used to further the progressive death cult's objective of managing the population via legalized murder.

Must be nice to now be on Medicaid or any state paid for medical benefits. Government workers are also about as dumb as they get as very soon their health care benefits will resemble what the rest of us have had for decades:
At least a $5,000.00 deductible per year per family member on the policy with high deductibles and limits on coverage. No way we receive the freebies Medicaid and Medicare folks get.
The party is over folks. Sorry we borrowed those trillions to pay for over priced disease care.

Again, you think this is a good thing?

I mean, we should have taxed rich douchebags to pay for those things and not let big corporations profit off human misery.

You know, like the rest of the industrialized world does where they have universal health care, and they live longer, have less infant mortality, less abortions, and spend only half as much as we do.

Funny that Conservatards see the only problem in the world that the rich don't have enough money.

Troll-fail.

the whole situation is that Gawdaw thinks that people on public funds should not have life support. Then he thinks that all of those that are infirm, sick, mental retards should be offed also.

Troll-fail.

Lots of them.

You made that up. I never said there are masses FORCED to live on life support despite the wishes of their family.
You make shit up when you are beat. I pity your ignorance.

Forum List

Back