Brady will be advancing to his 10th Super Bowl appearance. It will be more appearances than 31 of the 32 teams in the NFL have ever made.

They wouldn’t have needed the two point conversion had the kick the point after on one TD instead of going for 2. In fairness Roger threw a pass to a receiver that landed in his hands and he dropped it.

I was rooting for Pack. Seahawks are my local team but GB is my Go-To backup favorite. Both TB and KC are backups as well so I'm torn. Gotta respect both QB's.

I didn't really respect Brady while he was on the Patriots. Now that he has done it with another team, he has earned my respect. It shows how much better he can make a team. And look at the Patriots without Brady now. :D
I say the same thing , brady got my respect now
Yesterday was Aaron Rogers opportunity to beat Brady and he/they blew it. They were down 8 and kicked a field goal with 2 minutes left? Dumbest thing I've ever seen.

That was some pussy coaching right there. Also Rogers had a chance to run it in the end zone on one of those downs and made a business decision instead. It’s the NFC championship game, that’s were you must put it all on the line.
ESPN just agreed with what I said about Aaron Rogers. He’s better than Tom Brady in every aspect of the game up until it matters most.
Easy question to settle. How many rings does Rogers have?

It doesn't matter Dan Marino has zero and one of the best QBs ever
Don't rub it in..... If only Dan had a running game to back him up
The NFC was much better than the AFC in the 80s and 90s. Not many AFC teams won Super Bowls.

They wouldn’t have needed the two point conversion had the kick the point after on one TD instead of going for 2. In fairness Roger threw a pass to a receiver that landed in his hands and he dropped it.

I was rooting for Pack. Seahawks are my local team but GB is my Go-To backup favorite. Both TB and KC are backups as well so I'm torn. Gotta respect both QB's.

Mahomes is fun to watch and Brady is the GOAT
Makes for a good game

I know the Super Bowl isn't that old, but, this really puts it into absurd perspective.

A few tidbits from the article, such as this:

According to Elias Sports, Brady will join Norm Van Brocklin and Johnny Unitas as the only quarterbacks to play in a Super Bowl or NFL Championship in three different decades.

Three years ago I might of gave a shit but all their disrespect for the flag it just gave me my weekends back.
What did you do this Sunday? I watched two great football games.

Ya know, gotta hand it to 42 year old Tom Terrific. It's almost like when things didn't work out with the Pats he was like - Okay, who wants to go to the Super Bowl. Gimme a halfway decent team and I'll take you there!

He's a testament to all middle age men and I generally HATE him. I mean, the dude is 42 and he looks 30. He's married to a supermodel and richer than God. By NFL standards. he should have retired ten years ago but with THAT many rings - Why?

Tampa is becoming the championship capitol of the universe. My friends there gloat over the GOAT - Greatest Of All Time? Maybe. I say Mr Terrific just got LUCKY!! ;)

bundchen.jpg
If you want to be happy for the rest of your life find a woman who's a witch and make her your wife.

Makes for a good game
So what if Mahomes beats Brady and he has 2 Superbowls. Of course he won't be the GOAT but how many would he have to win for you to say he's the GOAT?

Mahomes spent his rookie season as the backup to Alex Smith. After the Chiefs traded Smith to the Washington Redskins the following season, Mahomes was named the starter. That season, Mahomes threw for 5,097 yards, 50 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions. He became the only quarterback in history to throw for over 5,000 yards in a season in both college and the NFL. He joined Peyton Manning as the only players in NFL history to throw 50 touchdown passes and 5,000 yards in a single season.[2] For his performance in his first season as starter, he was named to the Pro Bowl, named First Team All-Pro, and won the NFL Offensive Player of the Year and NFL Most Valuable Player awards.

He then entered the 2017 NFL Draft ........ During the 2019–20 playoffs, Mahomes led the Chiefs to Super Bowl LIV, their first Super Bowl appearance in 50 years, where they defeated the San Francisco 49ers for their first Super Bowl victory since 1970.

And didn't he make the final 4 the year before?

So right now Mahomes is the greatest quarterback in the NFL today. If he gets 2 rings, how many more will he need to become the GOAT?

Makes for a good game
So what if Mahomes beats Brady and he has 2 Superbowls. Of course he won't be the GOAT but how many would he have to win for you to say he's the GOAT?

Mahomes spent his rookie season as the backup to Alex Smith. After the Chiefs traded Smith to the Washington Redskins the following season, Mahomes was named the starter. That season, Mahomes threw for 5,097 yards, 50 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions. He became the only quarterback in history to throw for over 5,000 yards in a season in both college and the NFL. He joined Peyton Manning as the only players in NFL history to throw 50 touchdown passes and 5,000 yards in a single season.[2] For his performance in his first season as starter, he was named to the Pro Bowl, named First Team All-Pro, and won the NFL Offensive Player of the Year and NFL Most Valuable Player awards.

He then entered the 2017 NFL Draft ........ During the 2019–20 playoffs, Mahomes led the Chiefs to Super Bowl LIV, their first Super Bowl appearance in 50 years, where they defeated the San Francisco 49ers for their first Super Bowl victory since 1970.

And didn't he make the final 4 the year before?

So right now Mahomes is the greatest quarterback in the NFL today. If he gets 2 rings, how many more will he need to become the GOAT?

Yea, in a pick-'em when choosing up teams ... I take PATRICK!

Shit he could do it too. But I thought that about Russell Wilson when he was just about to win back to back superbowls and suddenly he only has 1 ring and it's been like 5 years he hasn't made it back.

They say if Brady beats him this year he will never be considered GOAT because an old brady beat him when he was young and on top. And lets face it. If Mahomes doesn't win number 2 this year he'll never get to 5.

Shit he could do it too. But I thought that about Russell Wilson when he was just about to win back to back superbowls and suddenly he only has 1 ring and it's been like 5 years he hasn't made it back.

They say if Brady beats him this year he will never be considered GOAT because an old brady beat him when he was young and on top. And lets face it. If Mahomes doesn't win number 2 this year he'll never get to 5.
If anyone can do it, Mahomes and Andy Reid could
That offensive system is close to unstoppable and they have a good defense.

What made the Patriots so good is they kept reformulating themselves with Brady the only constant.

If anyone can do it, Mahomes and Andy Reid could
That offensive system is close to unstoppable and they have a good defense.

What made the Patriots so good is they kept reformulating themselves with Brady the only constant.
New England was a well oiled machine.

You know who must hate all this? Cam newton. He went to a Super Bowl so you think he could have taken over for Brady but nope. At least not yet. I bet cam thought he would win a Super Bowl before he retires. I bet he won’t.

Rogers will make the hall of fame but I don't think he had the career he hoped for. One more Superbowl victory would have made him happy I'm sure.

Rogers will go down as having great Fantasy Football stats but in Championship Games he is 1-4

Cant make the big step
I’m happy for Rogers he won one. Not a lot of men have won two. He deserves the one he has. Dan Marino and Jim kelly should have won one.

For example eli Manning may not deserve to be a two Super Bowl qb. Ben rothlisberger either....

Pretty cool to know my Saints beat the shit out of that mother fucker 38 to 3. 5 interceptions in one game. He sucks.

We kicked their asses not once but TWICE this season.

I hope 'your Saints' had comfortable seats from which to WATCH the big game.

Rogers will make the hall of fame but I don't think he had the career he hoped for. One more Superbowl victory would have made him happy I'm sure.

Rogers will go down as having great Fantasy Football stats but in Championship Games he is 1-4

Cant make the big step

I was listening to ESPN sports radio this morning and a stat they bought up was that in NFC championship games Rogers’s opposition has averaged 36 points a game.
Indeed,from what posters have been posting around here,going by what they have said,it’s pretty obvious that as always,the refs officiated the game in favor of the bucs,that had this game been officiated fairly,same as always with Brady,it’s the packers that go to the Super Bowl not the bucs.

Cant make the big step

I was listening to ESPN sports radio this morning and a stat they bought up was that in NFC championship games Rogers’s opposition has averaged 36 points a game.
Indeed,from what posters have been posting around here,going by what they have said,it’s pretty obvious that as always,the refs officiated the game in favor of the bucs,that had this game been officiated fairly,same as always with Brady,it’s the packers that go to the Super Bowl not the bucs.

31-9

Forum List

Back