Brady Isn't the Only One

He still cheated and gamed the system, suspend him
I used to kick college balls while in school but I practiced with NFL balls. NFL balls are a bit narrower in circumference and much harder because of being pumped up to 13.5 lbs.

The major difference is with kickers. A new NFL ball will take 10 yards off of my field goals...but not much difference when punting, perhaps less hangtime. Catching a ball that is inflated to 11.5 lbs isn't much different from 13.5 lbs. NFL football's will give you a tighter spiral and you get fewer wounded ducks, so the ball comes at you a bit faster.

I really can't see the advantage.
There is an advantage to gripping the football. Most advantage is to ball CARRIERS - to catch passes and hold on to the ball and not fumble.

People going wild over Brady at that press conference today was disgusting. Brady is a liar, and yet worshipped for winning.
But why is he alone being singled out ? Plenty of people on that field handled those footballs. Brady is just one of them. What I'm wondering about is when a dozen different people touched those footballs, why is only Brady being picked out. The center touched the ball just as many times a Brady touched it. The ball carriers touched it repeatedly. The officials touched it quite frequently too - and they are the ones whose job it is to enforce rules, not a quarterback.

People going wild over Brady at that press conference today was disgusting. Brady is a liar, and yet worshipped for winning.
But why is he alone being singled out ? Plenty of people on that field handled those footballs. Brady is just one of them. What I'm wondering about is when a dozen different people touched those footballs, why is only Brady being picked out. The center touched the ball just as many times a Brady touched it. The ball carriers touched it repeatedly. The officials touched it quite frequently too - and they are the ones whose job it is to enforce rules, not a quarterback.
How do you think they got caught? Brady is the leader. If you want to suspend all of them 1 game I'm good with that. Again make it the week they play the lions. We could use the free win and extra bi week.

Here, enlighten yourself.
Here are the suspicious texts between Tom Brady and an alleged Patriots ball deflator after the scandal broke - Yahoo News

How do you think they got caught? Brady is the leader. If you want to suspend all of them 1 game I'm good with that. Again make it the week they play the lions. We could use the free win and extra bi week.

And the officials ? They didn't say anything more than Brady or anyone else. Isn't it their job to enforce rules ?

Here are the suspicious texts between Tom Brady and an alleged Patriots ball deflator after the scandal broke - Yahoo News

OK. I read the whole thing, It shows nothing really except that they talked. Well JastRemsKi called Brady, after the game and the news reports. And it looks like Brady just talked to him to be a friend. None of it shows Brady being one bit complicit in messing with the footballs.

And the whole link concludes with saying that Brady knew the balls were deflated. Well, I never said he didn't know. I just said that lots of other guys on the field ALSO new, so why are they singling out Brady ?

And how does it becomes Brady's job to report the underinflated footballs ? Is he a security guard now ? Seems like the officials should be more in charge of that. They handled the balls repeatedly. They knew as much as anyone. Why are they getting a pass here ? How about the center, the running backs, the receivers. Hell, even the cheeleaders pick up a football now & then.

Blind as a bat...

OK. I read the whole thing, It shows nothing really except that they talked. Well JastRemsKi called Brady, after the game and the news reports. And it looks like Brady just talked to him to be a friend. None of it shows Brady being one bit complicit in messing with the footballs.

And the whole link concludes with saying that Brady knew the balls were deflated. Well, I never said he didn't know. I just said that lots of other guys on the field ALSO new, so why are they singling out Brady ?

And how does it becomes Brady's job to report the underinflated footballs ? Is he a security guard now ? Seems like the officials should be more in charge of that. They handled the balls repeatedly. They knew as much as anyone. Why are they getting a pass here ? How about the center, the running backs, the receivers. Hell, even the cheeleaders pick up a football now & then.

Blind as a bat...

In other words, cat got your tongue, huh ?

I find it rather amazing that the NFL attack dogs, and many Americans are blaming Tom Brady for the use of deflated footballs in the AFC championship game last year. Yes, the Patriots won the game 45 to 7. And yes, Brady could feel the footballs and ascertain that they has less air in them than usual. But so could anyone else on the field that day who was touching those footballs.

This would include the running backs, the receivers, the center, the officials, and in a few cases, some of the guys on the defense (1st half), the Seattle Seahawks. Why is nobody talking about all of those guys ?
thinking.gif

It might also be noted that it is the receivers and running backs, are who have most to gain from deflated footballs, by being better able to catch the ball, and grasp the ball tightly, and avoid fumbling it.

Lastly, Brady's effectiveness was higher in the second half (with fully inflated footballs), which kind of makes the whole "issue" look more like not much of an issue.

So you think
I find it rather amazing that the NFL attack dogs, and many Americans are blaming Tom Brady for the use of deflated footballs in the AFC championship game last year. Yes, the Patriots won the game 45 to 7. And yes, Brady could feel the footballs and ascertain that they has less air in them than usual. But so could anyone else on the field that day who was touching those footballs.

This would include the running backs, the receivers, the center, the officials, and in a few cases, some of the guys on the defense (1st half), the Seattle Seahawks. Why is nobody talking about all of those guys ?
thinking.gif

It might also be noted that it is the receivers and running backs, are who have most to gain from deflated footballs, by being better able to catch the ball, and grasp the ball tightly, and avoid fumbling it.

Lastly, Brady's effectiveness was higher in the second half (with fully inflated footballs), which kind of makes the whole "issue" look more like not much of an issue.

The AFC Championship game is not really what this is about. The REAL question is how many games or rather how long has this unfair advantage been going on. Has Brady's cheating given him and as you pointed out, the team, enough unfair advantage to even make it fairly to the playoffs?

Yes the only "evidence" is from the game with the Colts and it appears the Pats would have won anyway.. but would they? Was it so much easier for Brady to throw and his receivers to catch and their RBs to hold on to the ball as to give the Pats so much better chances of piling up a high score? It may have been a much bigger advantage than any of us know or could have guessed.

thinking.gif

if he participated in a fraud there should be ramifications.

thinking.gif

If ANYBODY participates in a fraud, there should be ramifications, but I see nothing to indicate that Brady did that, and why is anybody even talking about that ?
thinking.gif

thinking.gif

So you think

thinking.gif

The AFC Championship game is not really what this is about. The REAL question is how many games or rather how long has this unfair advantage been going on. Has Brady's cheating given him and as you pointed out, the team, enough unfair advantage to even make it fairly to the playoffs?

Yes the only "evidence" is from the game with the Colts and it appears the Pats would have won anyway.. but would they? Was it so much easier for Brady to throw and his receivers to catch and their RBs to hold on to the ball as to give the Pats so much better chances of piling up a high score? It may have been a much bigger advantage than any of us know or could have guessed.
1. Where do you see any evidence that Brady was cheating, or doing anything different from the other players and officials ? (as far as deflated footballs is concerned)

2. Using deflated footballs doesn;t seem to have given the Patriots any advantage, since they weren't used in the second half against the Colts, and the Patriots did even better in the second half, with the normal footballs.

thinking.gif

If ANYBODY participates in a fraud, there should be ramifications, but I see nothing to indicate that Brady did that, and why is anybody even talking about that ?
thinking.gif

Yes they ate "talking about" it. The interviews they did found that he was "generally aware" of what was going on and that the actions taken may have been at his request.

So yes. If he was a participant he should be dealt with appropriately. WHETHER it rose to that level is still to be seen.

He still cheated and gamed the system, suspend him
I used to kick college balls while in school but I practiced with NFL balls. NFL balls are a bit narrower in circumference and much harder because of being pumped up to 13.5 lbs.

The major difference is with kickers. A new NFL ball will take 10 yards off of my field goals...but not much difference when punting, perhaps less hangtime. Catching a ball that is inflated to 11.5 lbs isn't much different from 13.5 lbs. NFL football's will give you a tighter spiral and you get fewer wounded ducks, so the ball comes at you a bit faster.

I really can't see the advantage.
There is an advantage to gripping the football. Most advantage is to ball CARRIERS - to catch passes and hold on to the ball and not fumble.
They have tactified gloves to help with that. Also, a player with big hands has an advantage. Letting out a lb of air doesn't make as much of a difference as you would think. Most of the difference is in the kicking game. The harder the ball is, the less distance or height you get.

thinking.gif

thinking.gif

Yes they ate "talking about" it. The interviews they did found that he was "generally aware" of what was going on and that the actions taken may have been at his request.

So yes. If he was a participant he should be dealt with appropriately. WHETHER it rose to that level is still to be seen.
I read the interviews. And, no, I don't think they found that at all.

thinking.gif

thinking.gif
What the evidence does show is two patriot employees with a serious axe to grind.....against Tom Brady....not in support of him.

thinking.gif

thinking.gif

My guess is Brady told these two to make sure that the balls were inflated no more than the minimum.....and instead they let out too much air out of spite.

The media is trying to make Brady look guilty because he didn't show up at the Whitehouse thus pissing off our crybaby in chief.

thinking.gif

thinking.gif

My guess is Brady told these two to make sure that the balls were inflated no more than the minimum.....and instead they let out too much air out of spite.

The media is trying to make Brady look guilty because he didn't show up at the Whitehouse thus pissing off our crybaby in chief.
And you base this seemingly strange guess on WHAT, exactly ?

Forum List

Back