Brad Pitt has Never Been Accused of Sexual Harassment...Average Joe Does

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
This whole sexual harassment issue seems like a bunch of bullshit to me. Women get to pick and choose what is or is not harassment. When the average guy comes on, clumsily or not, it’s “Get away you pig!” But if a sexy guy were to move in same manner it would be , “Ohhhhhh Brad.” Total bullshit.

Yep, another instance of how life ain't fair.. I feel sorry for you ugly fucks that get into trouble when you make a move...

Everyday dude kisses girl on back of neck...she brushes him off. Brad Pitt does it...she is going down in an instant.

Treat women respectfully and theatre is no problem. Treat them like franken, conyers, and moore then you have a problem. I am glad to see women speaking up. I am married to one who would have spoken up immediately against these repugnant males.

Treat women respectfully and theatre is no problem. Treat them like franken, conyers, and moore then you have a problem. I am glad to see women speaking up. I am married to one who would have spoken up immediately against these repugnant males.
They would not say shit if the guy was “hot.”

This whole sexual harassment issue seems like a bunch of bullshit to me. Women get to pick and choose what is or is not harassment.
Or maybe Brad Pitt doesn't sexually harass women.
Well, I think you're both right.

Talk about "gray areas". This is an issue that could pretty easily spin out of control, especially in this bizarre, intellectually dishonest, hyperbole-soaked time we're living in.

There is literally no way to define this specifically, and yet lives can be ruined by accusation, even if the accusation is a lie.

We need to be careful here, and there is zero (0) reason to believe we WILL be.

Funny, at the prison one of the nurses was always making sexual remarks too me. She was at least 25 years younger and pretty good looking too! One day I bent over to get something and she looks right at my backside and starts moaning and going oh Mike yada yada, yada, nice ass! I told her to see an ophthalmologist.

I've had hot guys hit on me, but, what makes them gross is their arrogance and attitude that you will want them so they can be assholes. I was never attracted to or interested in them.

So, it's not always about looks. You have to have a little sincerity and charm to go with it.

They would not say shit if the guy was “hot.”

I agree that some might give a seriously hot guy a pass. But then, the definition of sexual harassment is unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks. However, none of that excuses sexual harassment.

And it happens more than people think. In a recent thread on USMB, one of our posters was trying to make a point about flirting. When he was challenged by one of the female posters, he responded by saying he wouldn't grab her ass anyway. In other words, he thinks grabbing a strangers ass is flirting. Not uncommon.

This whole sexual harassment issue seems like a bunch of bullshit to me. Women get to pick and choose what is or is not harassment.

Talk about "gray areas". This is an issue that could pretty easily spin out of control, especially in this bizarre, intellectually dishonest, hyperbole-soaked time we're living in.

There is literally no way to define this specifically, and yet lives can be ruined by accusation, even if the accusation is a lie.

Most of these are not cases of hitting on someone clumsily. Believe me I've done it plenty of times, from the pathetic drunk attempt at a neck kiss during a formal dance, to the brush your hands against hers at the bar. Trust me you know when you've crossed a line, and usually are told right away, then you back off, then no harm no foul except for some awkwardness. (oh god, the awkwardness)

Walking around naked in your hotel room when underlings come in and out is not clumsy hitting on. Having a freaking lock buzzer in your office is not clumsy hitting on. being frisky in an elevator over and over and over is not clumsy hitting on.

Most of these are not cases of hitting on someone clumsily. Believe me I've done it plenty of times, from the pathetic drunk attempt at a neck kiss during a formal dance, to the brush your hands against hers at the bar. Trust me you know when you've crossed a line, and usually are told right away, then you back off, then no harm no foul except for some awkwardness. (oh god, the awkwardness)

Walking around naked in your hotel room when underlings come in and out is not clumsy hitting on. Having a freaking lock buzzer in your office is not clumsy hitting on. being frisky in an elevator over and over and over is not clumsy hitting on.
I do get that, but everyone has their own personal boundaries, and different levels of sensitivity to, uh, attention. What is "too far" for one isn't even on the radar screen of another.

Plus, given the way things are right now -- and I don't like saying this -- the potential for fraud (or even collusion among victims) is clearly there.

hillary sex.png

This whole thread is making something up. If one is interested in another person, ask them out for a coffee, a movie. Talk. Make your moves. Find out whether this is what the other person wants. It's simple.
Yes, there are sexy men like Brad Pitt. I am not attracted to him. I'm heterosexual and female. I can name you some sexy males, and some not-so-sexy males. Look at trump. I don't go for women, but I am sure that there a lot of heterosexual men who are attracted to some women, as well. Just what is the point of an article like this?

I do get that, but everyone has their own personal boundaries, and different levels of sensitivity to, uh, attention. What is "too far" for one isn't even on the radar screen of another.

Plus, given the way things are right now -- and I don't like saying this -- the potential for fraud (or even collusion among victims) is clearly there.

"Too far" seems to be pretty well defined so far, but as I said in another thread, we may go the way of Salem and start a Witch Hunt that starts dragging in people just bad at courtship and flirting.

The simple thing to look at is power. In the current scenarios all the harassers/assaulters were the one with the power. In my examples above, the women were the one with the power, i.e. "keep going" or "um, what are you doing???? please stop"

I seem to remember an SNL episode where I believe it was Tom Brady the guest star. They did a skit where Brady and Horatio Sanz would approach women. No matter what Brady said, the women were flattered. No matter how nice Sanz was to a woman they were creeped out and offended.

episode-17-aired-04162005-pictured-tom-brady-horatio-sanz-as-dennis-picture-id138457419

I seem to remember when ESPN reporter Andrea Kremer interviewed Brady after a game on the field how she came onto him in front of everyone. It was a bit embarrassing.

hqdefault.jpg

That was a clip from it.

Now, watch as Brad Pitt gets pissed off as hell when Ann Curry touches Brad Pitt's face.

She just sort of assumed she was allowed to do that. If a man did that to a good looking woman? Ohhhh boy.

"Too far" seems to be pretty well defined so far, but as I said in another thread, we may go the way of Salem and start a Witch Hunt that starts dragging in people just bad at courtship and flirting.

The simple thing to look at is power. In the current scenarios all the harassers/assaulters were the one with the power. In my examples above, the women were the one with the power, i.e. "keep going" or "um, what are you doing???? please stop"
I think that's very true - one of the reasons power corrupts is that it intimidates.

Forum List

Back