BP's admits role in Lockerbie bomber's release

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
BP's admits role in Lockerbie bomber's release

Oil giant BP faced a new furor Thursday as it confirmed that it had lobbied the British government to conclude a prisoner-transfer agreement that the Libyan government wanted to secure the release of the only person convicted for the 1988 Lockerbie airliner bombing over Scotland, which killed 270 people, most of them Americans

Read more: BP's admits role in Lockerbie bomber's release

What a disgrace. They should arrest all BP Execs immediately. At the very least they should be banished from our country. No more oil drilling for BP in our country. I would support these actions. Unfortunately that's just not gonna happen. So few even know that this current President took the most cash from BP of any politician in America. Oh well,ignorance really is bliss i guess. Pretty sad stuff.

What a disgrace. They should arrest all BP Execs immediately. Pretty sad stuff.

Iran Air Flight 655, also known as IR655, was a civilian airliner shot down by US missiles on 3 July 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz, toward the end of the Iran–Iraq War.

But I take it that you don't think that the downing of the Iranian CIVILIAN jet was not a disgrace or "sad stuff"?

Iran Air Flight 655, also known as IR655, was a civilian airliner shot down by US missiles on 3 July 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz, toward the end of the Iran–Iraq War.

But I take it that you don't think that the downing of the Iranian CIVILIAN jet was not a disgrace or "sad stuff"?

Apples & Oranges. BP needs to be banished from our country. The damage they have done is both shocking & incalculable. Ship em back to Great Britain or arrest their top execs immediately. That's how i feel anyway.

What a disgrace. They should arrest all BP Execs immediately.

Yeah the rule of law is overrated anyways, let's just arbitrarily jail anyone that does anything we don't like and make up the rules as we go along .....

OR

Perhaps we blame the miscreant rule makers .. just saying ...

Apples & Oranges. BP needs to be banished from our country. The damage they have done is both shocking & incalculable. Ship em back to Great Britain or arrest their top execs immediately. That's how i feel anyway.

Bullshit & Crap.

BP was forced by the scumbags in DC to drill in 1 mile of ocean waters in order to obtain the sulfur free crude demanded by the EPA. There are no fucking experts at this time in deep ocean drilling.

The fuckers inside the DC beltway are blackmailing the company by demanding that it pays far more than it is statutorily allowed.

BP has nothing to do with the Muslims retaliating because the scumbags in the US Navy decided to shoot down a goddamned civilian airplane full of women and children.

Last edited:
All I know is when they wanted to let this guy go, I said No fucking way, and people called me heartless.

Now we hear he may live 10 years. Much longer than he gave the victims of his attack eh. No matter who was behind his release this is a travesty and we should track his ass down and pick him back up. We are a laughing stock amongst our enemies because of stupid shit like this. They would never have let him go.

Tell you politicains that fella they are the ones suckign on the BP tit

Drunk again? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is to stupid to realize our entire government sucks at the tit. They rely on Heavy Gas taxes for one, and politicians on both sides readily accept Oil money.

There simply is not one party of group you can blame for this. The blame lies with the incredible spending power of oil companies and our government dependence on taxing it.

I try to read very carefully and slowly anything that comes from the SFC.

They claim an admission, but nowhere do they provide the actual statement.

They only elude to it and make thin connections.

From further down the page of the article, linked to in the OP:
BP's response to the senators' challenge came in a statement released Thursday, in which the company stuck to its claim that its lobbying was focused on the prisoner transfer pact, not on al-Megrahi himself, and that the company had nothing to do with the decision by the Scottish authorities to release him to Libya.
That's the closest the article comes to quoting anyone.

**** Not defending or apologizing. Just trying to not jump to any conclusions.
FTR, I don't put any of it past any of them.

Bullshit & Crap.

BP was forced by the scumbags in DC to drill in 1 mile of ocean waters in order to obtain the sulfur free crude demanded by the EPA. There are no fucking experts at this time in deep ocean drilling.

The fuckers inside the DC beltway are blackmailing the company by demanding that it pays far more than it is statutorily allowed.
You would think you CON$ervaTards would have learned by now not to make fools of yourselves by parroting the lies you get from GOP hate radio.

Ever since the first oil company found oil in the gulf deepwater, all the other oil companies were chomping at the bit to drill in deepwater. But even if they were forced to drill, it was the GOP "scumbags" that forced them to do it in 2006. :lol:

Deepwater Drilling May Open New Oil Frontiers

Brian Handwerk
for National Geographic News
September 11, 2006
Oil companies are buzzing after Chevron, Devon Energy, and Norway-based Statoil ASA last week announced the successful discovery of oil at a staggering depth beneath the surface of the Gulf of Mexico

But experts suggest that the cutting-edge technologies used to create and operate the well are far more important than any single oil find.

Such technologies could open access to previously unattainable oil across the globe. And high oil prices are making the enormous startup costs worth the gamble.

"It's giving folks greater confidence to explore in the deepwater Gulf region," said Judson Jacobs, director of upstream technology for Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA) in Boston, Massachusetts.

The Gulf is hardly unique, he adds. Other promising deepwater locations await exploration off the coasts of Brazil, the United Kingdom, West Africa, and Southeast Asia.

What a disgrace. They should arrest all BP Execs immediately. At the very least they should be banished from our country. No more oil drilling for BP in our country. I would support these actions. Unfortunately that's just not gonna happen. So few even know that this current President took the most cash from BP of any politician in America. Oh well,ignorance really is bliss i guess. Pretty sad stuff.
In typical dishonest CON$ervoFascist fashion, you tell just enough truth to deceive and then shut up.

CON$ never tell the whole truth. Obama took NO PAC money from the oil companies. Unlike the numerous GOP legislators, all Obama's "oil" money came from individual contributions from individual BP employees.

Gee, what a shit load of Republicans on this list!

bptopcontribs%20copy-thumb-250x507-1211.jpg

Bullshit & Crap.

You would think you CON$ervaTards would have learned by now not to make fools of yourselves by parroting the lies you get from GOP hate radio.

Ever since the first oil company found oil in the gulf deepwater, all the other oil companies were chomping at the bit to drill in deepwater. But even if they were forced to drill, it was the GOP "scumbags" that forced them to do it in 2006. :lol:

Brian Handwerk
September 11, 2006
Oil companies are buzzing after Chevron, Devon Energy, and Norway-based Statoil ASA last week announced the successful discovery of oil at a staggering depth beneath the surface of the Gulf of Mexico

But experts suggest that the cutting-edge technologies used to create and operate the well are far more important than any single oil find.

Such technologies could open access to previously unattainable oil across the globe. And high oil prices are making the enormous startup costs worth the gamble.

"It's giving folks greater confidence to explore in the deepwater Gulf region," said Judson Jacobs, director of upstream technology for Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA) in Boston, Massachusetts.

The Gulf is hardly unique, he adds. Other promising deepwater locations await exploration off the coasts of Brazil, the United Kingdom, West Africa, and Southeast Asia.

Yes but why did they start looking in deep waters. Has nothing to do with other places, Easier places being off limits eh? None at all? Really?

All I know is when they wanted to let this guy go, I said No fucking way, and people called me heartless.

Now we hear he may live 10 years. Much longer than he gave the victims of his attack eh. No matter who was behind his release this is a travesty and we should track his ass down and pick him back up. We are a laughing stock amongst our enemies because of stupid shit like this. They would never have let him go.

The SAS needs to head south to make sure the original prognosis is correct.

Bullshit & Crap.

Brian Handwerk
September 11, 2006

Yes but why did they start looking in deep waters. Has nothing to do with other places, Easier places being off limits eh? None at all? Really?
No more easy oil, as this 2003 presentation I posted on another thread says, is the reason why we "URGENTLY" need to drill in deepwater.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ks-at-california-campus-amid-controversy.html

I know you have been brainwashed to blame the environmental scapegoats, but the oil companies have wanted to drill in deepwater all along.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back