BPA is not good for your health.

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Helios, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Helios

Helios Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=4259036&page=1

Proof that corporations love you. And hate profits.

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I don't see it as proof of anything but sensationalist overreaction. How long have baby bottles been on the market?

How do you link an inanimate container to obesity? I'd say the odds are FAR better that piss-poor sticking that bottle in whine-ass brats' mouthes to keep them quiet leads to obesity far more than some suddenly-noticed chemical.

3. Helios

Helios Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21

You're once again missing the point, but it's ok, I'm used to it by now. Is it a leading cause of obesity? Of course not, the article doesn't say that.

The POINT is that the companies making the baby bottles cut corners and didn't make sure their products were safe. It's a baby bottle for pete's sake, you're supposed to heat it up. If heating it up releases a toxic chemical, I don't call getting pissed a "sensationalist overreaction." I guess it's all about priorities. I personally think the welfare of America's babies is more important than the profit margins of some company.

4. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Here's a thought "USE GLASS BOTTLES" If you dont than quit bitching about it. Glass has been around for a very long time and doesn't leach anything into to milk or beverage. People look for convience and when it is given to them they find "something" wrong with it than "blame" the company for making a inferior product. The addage holds true "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" the plastic bottles are significantly cheaper and dont break when dropped howeve if they are a hazard than DONT USE THEM....

5. Helios

Helios Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    That's not the point. Companies are expected to provide safe products. Yes, in an ideal world all consumers are educated about all products.. but that's not the reality. You can't "blame" the consumer for buying a cheaper product.

BMW's are safer cars than '80 Ford pickups, but not everyone can afford a BMW. You have to take into account that not everyone has the financial means to buy the safest/best products.

6. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    We are talking "bottles" here not BMW vs Ford so the $$$$ is a non issue. If you cant cough up a couple of cents for the safety of your own child dont expect me to say "ahh poor you and shame on the big bad mean company for not giving you better cheap stuff".

Do you know for a FACT that this company knew of the defect prior to release of this product? Do you know if the chemicals in question are released in all manner of heating i.e. microwave vs hot water? These are questions that need to be answered prior to the crucifixion of the company..

7. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    By the way where's your link to the story????

8. Helios

Helios Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well I don't know what "propr" means, but the link is posted and you can read all about it yourself.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Its funny for every study to conclude that BPA is bad for you there are just as many, if not more that prove its isn't

I want to bold a couple of words for you and you tell me what they mean to you

Quote:
    BPA has been in use in the plastics industry for decades now its an issue why? This is precisely why the rest of the world looks at us and says we are all crazy.

If you bring up the lead paint in the toys from China, come on unless your child is nawing all the paint off of the toy in question he/she isn't getting enough to matter at all, how many parents let their children chew all the paint off of any toy??

The whole song and dance of the big bad corporate monster lurking around the corner trying to injure us just to take our money is, at best laughable....

10. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Try using your deductive reasoning and realize I was off by 1 set of letters in my typing but hey thanks for pointing it out, it has since been fixed.

Next time have the link in at the start so I wont have to ask for it.... Isn't that part of the rules or have they changed???