BP Wants To Know: Can You Fix The Spill?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Madeline, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    BP has created a telephone number you may call if you have ideas for addressing the spill. I have called it and the operator took my information, including my email address, and said BP would be sending me a form to complete in order to share my ideas so they can can look at them and decide if future contact with me might be helpful.

The telephone number is 281-366-5511. I think calling merely to ladle abuse on a telephone operator is not helpful; what we need for that purpose is Tony Hayworth's private phone number, huh?

Anyway, if this appeals, please call. Who knows if this is anything other than a PR thing or a cheap way to build a mailing list, but if you can contribute to the solution please use this, or some other way, to make that known.

BP Oil Spill Suggestion Hotline | BP Phone Number to Report Oil Spill Suggestions

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCWW5xt3Hc8]YouTube - NASA | Satellites View Growing Gulf Oil Spill[/ame]

2. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    While I applaud the call for outside ideas... I think this phone # is going to only be an outlet for crackpots, delusional assholes like whiny tuba, and very few with real ideas that are somewhat practical

3. Sky Dancer

Sky Dancer BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,164
    That's a cynical POV, dave. Who knows? The answer may come from some ordinary citizen/engineer.

4. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Not saying that it won't or can't... but you will indeed have tinfoil hat crackpots, delusional assholes like whiny tuba, etc calling in to this... in DROVES

While the call for outside help is admirable, I think a better way than a phone bank could have been done to gather the legit ideas

5. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    I say nuke it. Detonating a nuke at the site will temporarily liquify the seafloor into molten lava, then when it cools it will reseal the oil underneath.

6. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    I cannot imagine what possesses some people here on USMB to parade their squabbles with other posters around like they have a reason to be proud of them. No one solicited your evaluation on Tuba, Diamond Dave and after insulting him twice without reason, I'm inclined to say you have nothing whatsoever to contribute on any topic.

It's a spill across the entire Gulf now. Did you watch the video? This is going to severely damage the Gulf states, the people who live there, the environment, etc. But I guess that's not important, as long as you get to tell us that some other USMB-er pissed in your wheaties. If anyone should happen to see the Op and call BP with a workable idea, that kinda sorta matters a bit more than whatever beef you have with another USMB-er, donca think?

Your sense of proportion is off, DiamondDave. The entire world does not revolve around YOU.

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Well then, here's a dumbassed question. Can a nuclear bomb be detonated underwater?

8. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,223
    Is there a prize?

9. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    And nobody solicited your opinion of me... but you felt compelled rather than dealing with the point I made

As stated.. I think the call for outside ideas and help is admirable... however, we will have the delusional freaks, the enviro-nazis, and the crackpots using this phone bank for everything else other than what was intended.. I fully believe the is a better way to get the legit ideas from people into the proper hands

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Operation Crossroads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It has been done numerous times