Boycott The Word Walls!

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I am campaigning to ban WORD WALLS! Any OP's over 2 paragraphs, just ignore it!
Also, any topics longer than 12 words... too much!

I am campaigning to ban WORD WALLS! Any OP's over 2 paragraphs, just ignore it!
Also, any topics longer than 12 words... too much!

I've always been fond of the acronym K.I.S.S.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Generally, anything over 2 paragraphs, I just paste a link,

or a picture that says a thousand words.

(Unfortunately, there are some on the board that can't read a picture)

A mixed blessing it would be. There are certainly word wallists who take a back seat to no one in torrents of tryingly tautalogical trivia (not to mention litanies of laughably languid alliteration).

But OTOH there are surely topics that require deep context, such as the historical. We don't want to reduce these deep historical/philosophical issues to TV-sized sound bites. There is no one-size-fits-all; it depends on the topic. It would act to stifle discourse.

What we could do is have the site offer another icon along with the present "thanks" "Agree" "Informative" and "funny". It could be a little Nash Rambler zipping around indicating the content is a rambling jalopy without a destination.

A mixed blessing it would be. There are certainly word wallists who take a back seat to no one in torrents of tryingly tautalogical trivia (not to mention litanies of laughably languid alliteration).

But OTOH there are surely topics that require deep context, such as the historical. We don't want to reduce these deep historical/philosophical issues to TV-sized sound bites. There is no one-size-fits-all; it depends on the topic. It would act to stifle discourse.

What we could do is have the site offer another icon along with the present "thanks" "Agree" "Informative" and "funny". It could be a little Nash Rambler zipping around indicating the content is a rambling jalopy without a destination.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz no one cares.. sorry

You don't appreciate my WORD ART. :crybaby:

You don't appreciate my WORD ART. :crybaby:

I'll make an exception for you :) :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back