Boy Scouts win right to remain in building they built

I don't understand why they don't just start the Homosexual Scouts of America. Exclude heterosexuals, and have fun.. Lots of valuable life lessons to be learned there I'm sure.

The Nymphs of NAMBLA probably already exists.
Maybe gay kids just want to do what their peers do and earn merit badges.

You two are fucktards.

They can. Stop spreading lies.

You two are fucktards.

You are the fucktard.

When I was kid I wanted to play basketball like my peers. the coach told me I was too short, and too slow. That's discrimination, and this happened at a fucking school. Those god damned bastards. I'm suing.................... or I just found an organization that fit my needs and qualities and played golf instead.
You are too slow. Mentally.

It's not "bashing" to call out bigotry where bigotry exists. The BSA has enable pedophiles and like the Catholic Church, is guilty of keeping private files on pedophiles within the BSA. The majority of pedophiles who hurt young boys are heterosexual men. So if the BSA was so "concerned" about pedophilia why hasn't it been honest in profiling them? Why have they kept secret files on them instead of immediately alerting local authorities?

Wherever you find bigotry, dishonesty is in the shadow.

Would it be bashing to point out your bias toward heterosexual men here?

Pedophiles are never heterosexual men, or homosexual men, they are pedophiles. Pedophiles only get sexual gratification out of children, not adult women, or adult men. They do sometimes use adults who look childlike as an outlet for their fantasies, but they are never hetero, or homo, sexual.

His problem, although he's yet to admit it, is that he would like to see this organization destroyed. As would many on the left. Personally, I would like to see the Boy Scouts be self reliant and not have to put up with the b.s. from the ACLU. The problem is that corporations have stopped donations due to the gay lobby. And of course, the BSA spends an inordinate amount of their budget fighting lawsuits. It's a lose/lose. Esp. for the kids. But the haters don't give a rat's ass about the kids. It's about the "principal". What do they gain by destroying the organization? "ha ha we win".

How sad for our future.

How true.

Here's my ultimate question. Why would a gay WANT to be part of an organization which openly says "we don't want you?" It just doesn't make sense. Which of course proves your point, they simply want to tear apart an organization that has done nothing but good for 90 years.

You two are fucktards.

They can. Stop spreading lies.
It's not a lie. Del lives in liberal heaven so of course the scouts aren't going to kick a kid out for being gay. In my state they more than likely would.

You can't even read your own article.

His problem, although he's yet to admit it, is that he would like to see this organization destroyed. As would many on the left. Personally, I would like to see the Boy Scouts be self reliant and not have to put up with the b.s. from the ACLU. The problem is that corporations have stopped donations due to the gay lobby. And of course, the BSA spends an inordinate amount of their budget fighting lawsuits. It's a lose/lose. Esp. for the kids. But the haters don't give a rat's ass about the kids. It's about the "principal". What do they gain by destroying the organization? "ha ha we win".

How sad for our future.

How true.

Here's my ultimate question. Why would a gay WANT to be part of an organization which openly says "we don't want you?" It just doesn't make sense. Which of course proves your point, they simply want to tear apart an organization that has done nothing but good for 90 years.
Because even gays want to be boy scouts or Catholics.

wtf is wrong with you people? Kids just want to be kids and not forced out in the cold because of narrow minded assholes such as yourself.

You two are fucktards.

You are the fucktard.

When I was kid I wanted to play basketball like my peers. the coach told me I was too short, and too slow. That's discrimination, and this happened at a fucking school. Those god damned bastards. I'm suing.................... or I just found an organization that fit my needs and qualities and played golf instead.

Ravi, no one who has ever had a conversation with you would ever make the mistake of granting you the power to decide who is mentally slow. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that my IQ is 2X yours.

If you would like to compare curriculum vitae with me, I would be glad to do so, but one thing I am fucking sick of on this board is idiotic childish liberals who mistake disagreeing with them for lack of intelligence.

the lease was signed with the BSA not this local council.

What part of FIRST AMENDMENT do you not understand here?

Do you understand that under your interpretation the government could kick your kids out of school, hey that's state property, for not adhering to it's beliefs? They could prevent you from driving on public roads for not sharing their "values"

No thanx I value my rights.

You fucking dumbass. The Cradle of Liberty Council is a BSA council, and it was created in 1996. Another whiner that doesn't know basic facts. You don't even understand my position or you wouldn't have said those things could happen "under my interpretation." Do you need more help with my position being spelled out?

Okay I see, so you don't know how the BSA functions. Let me help you.

How could the Cradle of Liberty Council have signed a lease in the 1920s? Oh they didn't. The BSA's national council did, they then subsequently charter local organizations to represent them. Therefor when the Liberty COuncil became the BSA's council in Philadelphia they got the BSA's lease.

Not that that has anything to do with anything.

The point is the BSA's first amendment rights as a group trump ALL laws. you can NOT outlaw someone's civil rights. PERIOD. The fact that you don't like how they are exercising their rights means NOTHING. The fact that you don't like that they are getting a good deal on some land from the city means NOTHING, they have a contract ie lease, and they have the CON.

Dumbass. Do you know any facts of the case? The lease was signed with the local chapter which was taken over by the Cradle Council formed in 1996. The Chapter rescinded their discrimination policy in 2003 but the national BSA office threatened to remove them from the National Charter if they didn't continue practicing bigotry. So under pressure the local chapter moved back to Bigotville.

I'm not advocating for gays to be kicked out of the Boy Scouts. My only concerns are limited to their right to freedom of association and their valid contract not being voided ex post facto because somebody doesn't like their policy.

Dumbass. Do you know any facts of the case? The lease was signed with the local chapter which was taken over by the Cradle Council formed in 1996. The Chapter rescinded their discrimination policy in 2003 but the national BSA office threatened to remove them from the National Charter if they didn't continue practicing bigotry. So under pressure the local chapter moved back to Bigotville.

Why is it acceptable for you to be bigoted against those who hold different beliefs than you?

You are the fucktard.

Ravi, no one who has ever had a conversation with you would ever make the mistake of granting you the power to decide who is mentally slow. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that my IQ is 2X yours.

If you would like to compare curriculum vitae with me, I would be glad to do so, but one thing I am fucking sick of on this board is idiotic childish liberals who mistake disagreeing with them for lack of intelligence.
Maybe you could start a few more threads whining about posters that disagree with you.

:thup:

I kind of wonder how a former Eagle Scout became the foreman for the Jury. How in the hell could bias not be present?

It's quite simple. I don't give a fuck if the BSA wants to practice bigotry as long as they don't ask for public funds in the process. This is not endemic to the BSA and it applies to all non-profit groups. If you want to discriminate on the grounds of being a "private membership" organization then pay your own way instead of demanding a free fucking ride.

Maybe you could start a few more threads whining about posters that disagree with you.

:thup:

:lol: In other words you decline my challenge... wise choice.

i kind of wonder how a former eagle scout became the foreman for the jury. How in the hell could bias not be present?

It's quite simple. I don't give a fuck if the bsa wants to practice bigotry as long as they don't ask for public funds in the process. This is not endemic to the bsa and it applies to all non-profit groups. If you want to discriminate on the grounds of being a "private membership" organization then pay your own way instead of demanding a free fucking ride.

they have not received public funds, how hard is that to understand?

Boy Scouts Win Battle in Court Liveshots

Common sense and decency prevails in Philadelphia. At least today. :clap2:

I'm not sure I agree, chanel. It's a bit disturbing to me that the Boy Scouts discriminates against gay youth as well as adults. I'm not at all sympathetic to the homophobic rejection of would-be gay scout troop leaders, but I can live with it. I wasn't aware, however, that the organization was asking children about their sexual orientation and rejecting those it deems "gay".

That seems terribly cruel to me.

The BSA does not prohibit any children from joining because of their sexual orientation. It might kick some out for their sexual activities though, since having sex with children is illegal even if the partner is a child.

Come again? The Boy Scouts have a policy of ejecting children who have suffered sex abuse? You cannot possibly be serious.

I kind of wonder how a former Eagle Scout became the foreman for the Jury. How in the hell could bias not be present?

It's quite simple. I don't give a fuck if the BSA wants to practice bigotry as long as they don't ask for public funds in the process. This is not endemic to the BSA and it applies to all non-profit groups. If you want to discriminate on the grounds of being a "private membership" organization then pay your own way instead of demanding a free fucking ride.

They aren't asking for public funds. They have a lease from 80 years ago with which they are in compliance. They are asking for their contract to be honored by the city.

I'm not sure I agree, chanel. It's a bit disturbing to me that the Boy Scouts discriminates against gay youth as well as adults. I'm not at all sympathetic to the homophobic rejection of would-be gay scout troop leaders, but I can live with it. I wasn't aware, however, that the organization was asking children about their sexual orientation and rejecting those it deems "gay".

That seems terribly cruel to me.

The BSA does not prohibit any children from joining because of their sexual orientation. It might kick some out for their sexual activities though, since having sex with children is illegal even if the partner is a child.

Come again? The Boy Scouts have a policy of ejecting children who have suffered sex abuse? You cannot possibly be serious.

I think he was talking about "consensual" child on child sex, not child abuse.

I don't agree with you often but I think this post is true. Same goes for any non-profit organization that gets bennies at the taxpayer's expense.

Hey guess what? Both Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts and church groups and ethnic groups and other "discriminatory" organizations use public property for their meetings, For free. Gasp - someone get the oxygen for curve.

I don't take issue with this, chanel. Freedom to assemble means, to me, freedom to exclude, to discriminate, etc. I don't even know if I feel the case was decided incorrectly. If the city has other such leaseholders who discriminate, and they have not sought to revoke those leases, I see no reason to single out the Boy Scouts. Personally, I think their position on homosexuality is wrong but this is America, and we get to act on our own values even if others don't share them.

My only issue is this business of ejecting or excluding certain children perceived to be gay. I'm not even sure I'd call it a legal or constitutional issue. But as a mom and a human being, I cannot tell you how disturbing it is to me to think the Boy Scouts (or any organization) is measuring the sexual orientation of children and ejecting or excluding those it finds wanting.

You and del keep saying this "rarely happens" or "never happens" and I'm just not altogether at peace with that reply. Why does the Boy Scouts have such a policy to begin with?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back