Boy Scouts win right to remain in building they built

The link I provided certainly proves that. Closing your eyes tighter won't change the facts.

Where Curved? Post the actual text and tell me where it is found in your link.

Pick your own source:

cradle of liberty council $26 million in assets - Google Search

Ok... and what does that have to do with anything? Does the agreement they have with the city say $1 a year UNLESS you start making money? Nope........

Where Curved? Post the actual text and tell me where it is found in your link.

Pick your own source:

cradle of liberty council $26 million in assets - Google Search

Ok... and what does that have to do with anything? Does the agreement they have with the city say $1 a year UNLESS you start making money? Nope........

The BSA argued in court they could not afford to pay. Hmmmmm....is "honesty" any part of the BSA? Basically they were trying to claim making them pay would equate to putting them on the street yet the top two execs at that Chapter took in $430,000 in salary and they have $26 million in assets so they flat out lied and cried poor house to avoid paying their own way and spent $860,000 on legal fees. Philly should just evict them and by the terms of the Lease the City doesn't even need to give a reason to do it.

Spin bitches spin.

I call Shenanigans. Please provide evidence that the city had such rules governing Non-Profits in 1928.

His argument is that the Boy Scouts are violating the rules set forth by the state and feds for a non-profit organization. That if an organization discriminates, they lose their non-profit status.

He's wrong, of course. Forget the homosexual aspect. If a organization discriminates, do they lose their non-profit status? No. Hint: BOY scouts. GIRL scouts.

I don't understand why they don't just start the Homosexual Scouts of America. Exclude heterosexuals, and have fun.. Lots of valuable life lessons to be learned there I'm sure.

call it butt buddy scouts of America
what kind of lessons are you talking about? like how to warm up the hotdogs??? without a campfire?

His argument is that the Boy Scouts are violating the rules set forth by the state and feds for a non-profit organization. That if an organization discriminates, they lose their non-profit status.

He's wrong, of course. Forget the homosexual aspect. If a organization discriminates, do they lose their non-profit status? No. Hint: BOY scouts. GIRL scouts.

I don't understand why they don't just start the Homosexual Scouts of America. Exclude heterosexuals, and have fun.. Lots of valuable life lessons to be learned there I'm sure.

call it butt buddy scouts of America
what kind of lessons are you talking about? like how to warm up the hotdogs??? without a campfire?

CurvedLight could be their Grand Poo Pusher :lol:

It is unfair to use the children of the boy scouts as guinea pigs for a homosexual experiment.

Subsidize bigotry? How much taxpayer money goes to the scouts? Vs. The NAACP for instance?

Let's get real. If gay leaders were allowed to camp with the boys, how many parents would sign their kids up? Yeah I'm sure all those anti scout haters would be flooding the troops and volunteering their time. Not.

Their goal is not equal rights. Their goal is to destroy the organization. Which is exactly what would happen.

are you implying that all gay men are pedos?

They should not have to pay rent since they did pay for the building, but the lesson the boy scouts are teaching the children is wrong. My son will never be in the Boy Scouts.

They do not own the property the building sits on and that is the problem. If an organization wants the right to discriminate it should be prepared to pay for the rights they demand instead of asking all taxpayers to subsidize their bigotry. Fucking hypocrites.

It's not discrimination, it's limiting membership of a private organization and any private group has the right to do it.

yep

They do not own the property the building sits on and that is the problem. If an organization wants the right to discriminate it should be prepared to pay for the rights they demand instead of asking all taxpayers to subsidize their bigotry. Fucking hypocrites.

It's not discrimination, it's limiting membership of a private organization and any private group has the right to do it.

yep

Glad to see you agree. Prepare to be called a **** by Circlejerk though.

They should not have to pay rent since they did pay for the building, but the lesson the boy scouts are teaching the children is wrong. My son will never be in the Boy Scouts.

It's not discrimination, it's limiting membership of a private organization

You act like those two things are mutually exclusive.

Forum List

Back