Boy scouts lose 425,000 boys 1 week after announcing name change

Yup..but it's not my call---the girls tell me it's not the same..my daughters were Girl Scouts....one loved it...one hated it..oddly enough..it's the grand-kid whose mom loved GS..that wants to join the BSA..or whatever they end up calling themselves. I don't care..as long as they are happy and safe.

One of those things that I believe ill-suited for politics---i don't see how it matters or that a political stance somehow translates to all the hate and discontent i see---never mind all the lies and innuendos.

I would see more value in having dads help with the camping aspects, for appreciating what he can bring into their lives and bonding time. Scouts are partially about being well rounded in skills, which can include cooking and sewing for the boys. I do hope your family enjoys scouting.
I'm Grampa..so my input is limited to family camping trips..I do take the girls hunting..and teach them gun safety. I look at scouting as a valuable starting point..but family teaches family. BTW...I'm a firm believer in Background Checks..if you are not related by blood..you get checked out. babysitters, scouting leaders..friend's parents--whoever.

Agreed. There is NO WAY I would allow a child of mine to go camping with any adult unless he agrees to a thorough, legal screening.

... but you have no problem if that background check shows a gay preference....

What the hell does that have to do with the topic? I guess you are homophobic.

Why would I care what their sexual preference is?

Personally, I have a problem with ANY adult taking my children away camping...straight or gay. But I don't trust anyone....so.

Last edited:
Boy Scouts Lose 425,000 Boys 1 Week After Announcing Name Change
One week after the century-old Boy Scouts of America announced it was changing its name and its mission to accept girls at all levels of scouting, its single biggest participant announced Tuesday that it was cutting ties to the Scouts.
==================================

LOL , it didn't take a rocket scientist to have known this was going to happen.
LoL!

Of course--the membership loss is at least partially due to the LDS church pulling out..odd that you didn't point that small tidbit out, eh?

Mormon church to sever its 105-year-old ties to the Boy Scouts at end of 2019
Mormon Church pulls older teens out of Boy Scouts

"The BSA and LDS have enjoyed a long, symbiotic relationship. Ties with the Scouts helped the Mormon church in its effort to "mainstream" its image during the 20th century, and "Mormon troops were a backbone component for Scouting," the Deseret News reported.

Mormon teenagers ages 14-18 were already not participating in the BSA as of Jan .1, 2018 when a decision to pull the older boys out of scouting that was approved the year before took effect. According to the Deseret News, that change dropped the number of Mormon boys in the Scouts from 470,000 to about 280,000.

The church said the decision was not in response to the Boy Scouts policy change in 2015 to allow gay troop leaders. At the time that sparked a monthlong debate within the church, but LDS leaders decided to stay because the BSA said religious groups could pick troop leaders in line with their faith. "

So, no big deal losing 425,000 in a week. :auiqs.jpg:
It was a stroke of the pen thing. LDS church said go..and they went. If the membership continues to decline..after opening up the rolls to girls--they might be in trouble. I do know that my grand-daughters are excited to join..they think the Girl Scouts are lame.

Yeah bet yah can't wait for that biological man whose gone " tranny female" to be in the bathroom with her as " HE" Pisses in front of them too.
Are you stupid, drunk, or both? My god...some of the people here--where does your mind go? Is this one of your fantasies?

No you are just that out of touch with reality, so you are the problem .

When your grand daughters come home and tell you they saw a guy pissing in the bathroom don't tell us about it.

this is the reality you rejects DENY until it happens to your kid, and then again you sickos are so clipped you'd probably make excuses for the perverted fkrs.

upload_2018-5-13_17-58-23.png

And why is it important that boys MUST camp ONLY with other boys?

And should it not be up to the boys - rather than their parents - whom they camp with (assuming it is safe to do so)?

Because they are the parents...duh

The question had nothing to do with the parent...idiot. Can you not read?

I will ask again...let's see if you have the brains/guts to answer them. I will just start with one - see if your limited IQ can handle that.

Quote the entire post, jackass. You mentioned parental involvement. Goddamn loon

Wow...you really are stupid. And/or a coward for not answering a question that makes your original point look stupid.

Let's try it one more time.

Again jackass quote your entire post. YOU mentioned parental involvement...it is there for everyone to see.

Good grief you're stupid

My question has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PARENTS you fucking moron.

It is my question and I dictate what it is referring to. How can you be so stupid as to not understand that?

I guess I have to ask it even simpler for your limited brain.

What is wrong with boys camping with girls?

Now can you get it together enough to answer that?

Yup..but it's not my call---the girls tell me it's not the same..my daughters were Girl Scouts....one loved it...one hated it..oddly enough..it's the grand-kid whose mom loved GS..that wants to join the BSA..or whatever they end up calling themselves. I don't care..as long as they are happy and safe.

One of those things that I believe ill-suited for politics---i don't see how it matters or that a political stance somehow translates to all the hate and discontent i see---never mind all the lies and innuendos.

I would see more value in having dads help with the camping aspects, for appreciating what he can bring into their lives and bonding time. Scouts are partially about being well rounded in skills, which can include cooking and sewing for the boys. I do hope your family enjoys scouting.
I'm Grampa..so my input is limited to family camping trips..I do take the girls hunting..and teach them gun safety. I look at scouting as a valuable starting point..but family teaches family. BTW...I'm a firm believer in Background Checks..if you are not related by blood..you get checked out. babysitters, scouting leaders..friend's parents--whoever.

Agreed. There is NO WAY I would allow a child of mine to go camping with any adult unless he agrees to a thorough, legal screening.

... but you have no problem if that background check shows a gay preference....

What the hell does that have to do with the topic? I guess you are homophobic.

I have a problem with ANY adult taking my children away camping...straight or gay.

You know what they say about those who accuse someone of being a Homophobic ( lmfao using the term alone first clue YOU ARE INDOCTRINATED).....

upload_2018-5-13_18-2-20.png

Because they are the parents...duh

I will ask again...let's see if you have the brains/guts to answer them. I will just start with one - see if your limited IQ can handle that.

Quote the entire post, jackass. You mentioned parental involvement. Goddamn loon

Wow...you really are stupid. And/or a coward for not answering a question that makes your original point look stupid.

Again jackass quote your entire post. YOU mentioned parental involvement...it is there for everyone to see.

Good grief you're stupid

It is my question and I dictate what it is referring to. How can you be so stupid as to not understand that?

Quote the entire post lmao. You're trapped like a rat. YOU mentioned parents....gawd you're ignorant

Good grief you're stupid

Quote the entire post lmao. You're trapped like a rat. YOU mentioned parents....gawd you're ignorant

And again...he/she ducks the question. Or maybe she/he does not have the intellectual ability to answer questions she/he has not been prepared for...kinda like Trump.

Maybe you should change your name to StupidIrishLass...if you cannot even answer a simple question?

Good grief you're stupid

And again...he/she ducks the question. Or maybe she/he does not have the intellectual ability to answer questions she/he has not been prepared for...kinda like Trump.

Well, I could see the problem if they're BOYS! A lot of babies being born 9 months later. ;) I don't think it is good to destroy the atmosphere of the BOY scouts. If a "Transman" wants to join then they'll have to be a man and deal with the reality that this place is a place for boys.

Good grief you're stupid

Maybe you should change your name to StupidIrishLass...if you cannot even answer a simple question?

Did you or did you not post: And should it not be up to the boys-rather than their parents.....?

Why yes, yes you did you dumbed down jackass

Now sit down

Good grief you're stupid

Well, I could see the problem if they're BOYS! A lot of babies being born 9 months later. ;) I don't think it is good to destroy the atmosphere of the BOY scouts. If a "Transman" wants to join then they'll have to be a man and deal with the reality that this place is a place for boys.
Get that Baby-Making merit badge!

Good grief you're stupid

Did you or did you not post: And should it not be up to the boys-rather than their parents.....?

Why yes, yes you did you dumbed down jackass

Now sit down
No...can you not learn 'copy and paste'?

I asked two questions of you originally:

'And why is it important that boys MUST camp ONLY with other boys?

And should it not be up to the boys - rather than their parents - whom they camp with (assuming it is safe to do so)?'

You skipped COMPLETELY over the first one.

Last edited:

Scout leaders have been required to go through background checks for ten years.
There are strict rules on adult interactions with children

One week after the century-old Boy Scouts of America announced it was changing its name and its mission to accept girls at all levels of scouting, its single biggest participant announced Tuesday that it was cutting ties to the Scouts.

Libtards corrupt and destroy EVERYTHING they gain control of.

Good grief you're stupid

Most of the boys on the camping trips are 12-15 years old
If girls are there, there must be strict chaperone regulations. More difficult, but not impossible

Scouts go up to 18 years old
Kids that age will find a way scouting or not

Libtards corrupt and destroy EVERYTHING they gain control of.

And where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that 'libtards corrupt and destroy everything'?

You make the moronic statement...let's see if you can back it up?

Good grief you're stupid

Let's try something else - since you are entirely incapable of answering my previous questions. Or simply don't dare for fear of making your whole original point look nonsensical.

What specifically is your objection to boys camping (supervised by Scout Leaders) with girls?

Good grief you're stupid

Let's try something else - since you are entirely incapable of answering my previous questions. Or simply don't dare for fear of making your whole original point look nonsensical.

What specifically is your objection to boys camping (supervised by Scout Leaders) with girls?

Boys should be boys and girls should be girls. I don't have anything against girls wishing to be boys, but damnit the two genders are different and wiping out that element isn't good.

Forum List

Back