Boy dies from gym class scrape

Rory was given fluids at NYU Langone Medical Center and sent home, his parents said. The problem was, symptoms such as Rory’s could be caused by a variety of illnesses. But lab results that arrived hours after Rory left for home held one important clue, The New York Times reported — his white blood cell count was disturbingly high, indicating a significant infection. But his parents say nobody ever told them about that.

The VA is not that way. I went in with an infection from a bug bite. I thought they would just give me some antibiotics and I would go home. They told me I had a very high white bloodcell count.
Next thing I knew they were giving me a hospital robe and told which room to go in. I was in the hospital 4 days.
It wsn't to bad, food was good and the tv was on. Like a little vacation. The bad part was I took the wifes car and she had no way to come and get the car. She can't drive my truck. She was mad!

Rory was given fluids at NYU Langone Medical Center and sent home, his parents said. The problem was, symptoms such as Rory’s could be caused by a variety of illnesses. But lab results that arrived hours after Rory left for home held one important clue, The New York Times reported — his white blood cell count was disturbingly high, indicating a significant infection. But his parents say nobody ever told them about that.

The VA is not that way. I went in with an infection from a bug bite. I thought they would just give me some antibiotics and I would go home. They told me I had a very high white bloodcell count.
Next thing I knew they were giving me a hospital robe and told which room to go in. I was in the hospital 4 days.
It wsn't to bad, food was good and the tv was on. Like a little vacation. The bad part was I took the wifes car and she had no way to come and get the car. She can't drive my truck. She was mad!

I would be in deep damn trouble..... i am allergic to antibiotics.

Human beings are gradually losing the natural defenses that they had to deal with infections. That's why these infections are on the rise.

Human beings are gradually losing the natural defenses that they had to deal with infections. That's why these infections are on the rise.

How are we losing our defenses?

I don't know but obviously we are.

It is probably the result of a variety of factors. The overuse of antibiotics, the fear of "germs" bordering on hand washing OCD. A food supply that is approaching sterility. Depending on how you look at it, human beings were created to live on this world, or human beings evolved to live on this world. Either way, we have always had natural defenses to germs and microbes. Now we are making earthly humans as alien to this enviroment as someone landing from Alpha Centauri. Parents can no longer pass along immunities to their children because they never developed those immunities themselves. That's why we have more allergies today than ever before.

Forum List

Back