Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate'

If you have a problem with Sarah Palin's email getting hacked, you should have a problem with this. Hacking is a crime, even though here I think they did the world a service.

i have a problem with both sets of hackers and the scientists who lied about what the climate data has been showing for years.

Falsifying date to secure grant money is a fraud. Falsifying data to publish incorrect results knowingly is a death sentance in the scientific community.

I'm glad these guys were exposed. However, the exposing was a crime.

Whistleblower, or hacker? I haven't heard who exposed the news. Also, shouldn't Europe take this up, and not the US?

Not if it was an internal whistleblower.

Besides, those turning state's evidence are almost always exonerated.

Touche.

If it was an internal whistleblower that needs to come out as it adds an additional weight of legitmacy to all this.

Not if it was an internal whistleblower.

Besides, those turning state's evidence are almost always exonerated.

Touche.

If it was an internal whistleblower that needs to come out as it adds an additional weight of legitmacy to all this.
Time will tell.

However, it has been speculated that CRU researcher Keith Briffa (who has been in ill health) is high on the list of possible internal turncoats.

Those emails do not say what the right claims they say.

This will end up to be much ado about nothing

Sure....problem is they put the kabosh on all of this phony Man-made Global Warming crap.

The rug has been pulled out from under them and they don't like it.

Why did they perpetrate this hoax?

This and Health Care Reform are the way they're going to take every cent from us they can.....and make us feel it's for our own good......then they were planning on using it to control our lives.

But all that is at risk now.

Much ado about nothing......MY HAIRY ASS!!!!!

The end does NOT justify the means.
That is one fundamental difference between the right and left.

I agree the hackers should be prosecuted under appropriate laws and jurisdictions.
Remember that the next time the libs get a 'Whistleblower' into something they find dangerous. We can count on you demanding their prosecution while the crime goes by unchallenged? Good to know.

Thanks for speaking out for the hypocrites.

Apples and oranges.
whistleblowers typically have legal accessto the information they report on.
Hackers do not.
Machiavelli objects, your Honor! The exposure of dishonesty and corruption is welcome without regard to legalities...especially in this particular case where corrupt "scientists" were manipulating historical data and presenting false records.

By the way, it seems that there are some who think that google anf yahoo both are using their power on the web to block access to the emails by removing links to them from their search results. I personally do not know if that is true, so do not credit me with saying that it is happening. I find it very curious that if you simply do a google search it turns up nothing except links to articles about them, when usually a search on google turns up what your looking for near the top.
maybe they are just having problems at google, maybe they are blocking it to advance some agenda.
I would love to see some here comment on that instead of attacking each other about something that none of us here have any first hand knowledge of.
If everybody tries a search, and discusses what they get in the results, then we can have a discussion.
The suppression of accessibility is to sweep it under the carpet as quickly as possible. Similar to the likely reason for a mere removal from the Dutch host website of Gore's invitation & ticket sales link as opposed to notifications of his canceling.

Apples and oranges.
Hackers do not.
And we do not know for sure this was hacked by someone who DID have legal access. The person who posted this data is unknown. They very well may have had legal permission to access this. They knew enough to know where to look for it.

What is known is that it is too large a chunk of data to have been done through an external source, or someone's computer security was SERIOUSLY delinquent. 75% of a Terabyte??? Yeah, I don't see that being downloaded through a modem any time soon without getting caught.

Regardless. You're demanding that we focus on the hacker's crime and ignore the real BIG crime of global fraud it had uncovered. This smacks of ohhhh I dunno.... stupidity. Like busting a drug dealer for speeding and ignoring the bales of pot in the back seat in plain sight.
Wouldn't the schools chancellors have to agree on who had the right to release the emails?

IMO, no one in a company has the right to release company emails except the owners or board of directors.
If the company is harming the public, the deed should be exposed. Manufacturing false historical data harms the public.

Giving the school's chancellors control is akin to letting the fox guard the hen house.

The 'proof' is the emails themselves....
East Anglia Confirmed Emails from the Climate Research Unit - Searchable

sorry to take so long had to attend to some personal stuff.

Thank you.

That is a butt load of stolen mail.

I have perused it a little and much of it is very casual conversation about their work.

How anyone can take this as a smoking gun is pretty sad
Perused means to study in detail. I doubt you have perused even the ones from 15 years ago, much less the recent ones or the ones presented in the synopsis link.

So you did not read the emails yet you jumped all over me for not reading them?

This is my whole point with my original post.

You who think this is the smoking gun you wish and dream it is are VER WRONG.

It is bullshit and they are stolen PERSONAL emails where the guys are talking as people and not conspiring to do anything but prove what they believe their scientific investigatoions have proven to them.

They know the asshole scientists who are claiming to be against the theory are bought and paid for by the Corps to kill the thoery.

Your team of scientists are corporate whores and these guys hated them for good reason.

i've read them.

none of your posts ever have a point.

You read that whole list?
That's more believable than your having perused the leaked emails.

The 'proof' is the emails themselves....
East Anglia Confirmed Emails from the Climate Research Unit - Searchable

sorry to take so long had to attend to some personal stuff.

Thank you.

That is a butt load of stolen mail.

I have perused it a little and much of it is very casual conversation about their work.

How anyone can take this as a smoking gun is pretty sad

How anyone can dismiss them as unimportant because it disputes their beliefs is pretty sad as well. Please don't fall into that trap. Glad your reading them. took me almost all day yesterday to go through them. I have the time as I am stuck in bed sick. keep reading
Get well.

Your reading and insight contribute highly to this thread.

Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate'
Wow...Where to start?

First, there's the ongoing media perpetuated presumption that this was a hacker, rather than an insider whistleblower. So far, the originator of the story --HERE-- is still standing by his claim:
This is clearly not the work of some hacker, but of an insider who’s now blown the whistle.
Secondly, I fail to see how the legal ignoramus, Barbara Boxer, presumes that she's going to be able to establish jurisdiction over an alleged crime that apparently happened in Europe.

Of course, the same self-righteous indignation by the left was conspicuously absent when the NYT got ahold of the recording of a supposedly private phone conversation between John Boehner and Newt Gingrich several years ago, nor did they have any compunctions against printing up the stolen Pentagon Papers.
No one's saying to go after people that have published them. Otherwise, you'd be in trouble yourself. :lol:
Public domain now.

NO. While I do enjoy helping I do not enjoy holding your hand and doing the reading for you. The more people that read these for themselves, the more we will find out about them.
Just keep reading.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

we all know what this means

:cuckoo: your an idiot
No, you're!

Sorry.:eusa_angel:

You really have to go a long way to miss the point.....Par for the course.

This isn't about the publication of the material, but the phony righteous indignation by the left that the e-mails were "stolen", when they've looked the other way when other "stolen" information was to their liking.
The New York Times didn't steal the Pentagon papers or the telephone conversation. There's a difference, but I can understand how you can't see it.

no, daniel ellsberg "stole" the pentagon papers. there's no substantive difference. none.
...and who was that guy that stuck classified documents into his socks?

Remember that the next time the libs get a 'Whistleblower' into something they find dangerous. We can count on you demanding their prosecution while the crime goes by unchallenged? Good to know.

Thanks for speaking out for the hypocrites.

Apples and oranges.
Hackers do not.
Machiavelli objects, your Honor! The exposure of dishonesty and corruption is welcome without regard to legalities...especially in this particular case where corrupt "scientists" were manipulating historical data and presenting false records.

The suppression of accessibility is to sweep it under the carpet as quickly as possible. Similar to the likely reason for a mere removal from the Dutch host website of Gore's invitation & ticket sales link as opposed to notifications of his canceling.

If the company is harming the public, the deed should be exposed. Manufacturing false historical data harms the public.

Giving the school's chancellors control is akin to letting the fox guard the hen house.

Perused means to study in detail. I doubt you have perused even the ones from 15 years ago, much less the recent ones or the ones presented in the synopsis link.

That's more believable than your having perused the leaked emails.

Get well.

Your reading and insight contribute highly to this thread.

Public domain now.

No, you're!

Sorry.:eusa_angel:

The New York Times didn't steal the Pentagon papers or the telephone conversation. There's a difference, but I can understand how you can't see it.

no, daniel ellsberg "stole" the pentagon papers. there's no substantive difference. none.
...and who was that guy that stuck classified documents into his socks?

Oh yeah....Sandy "the Burglar" Burger. But that was different, he's a democrat in good standing.

Forum List

Back