Both homosexuals and pedophiles claim it isn't a "Choice"

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Both gays and child molesters say their behavior is not a "choice" because they were born that way. Although, no gay or pedophile gene has ever been found and isolated by medical science.

Gays say that it's impossible to change; and reversion therapy to make them straight won't work because they were born that way..

And now there is a push to make therapy that focuses on making gays go straight illegal.

Pedophiles basically say the same thing; that they can't stop molesting children because they were born that way..

Yet, vast amounts of money is spent on therapy in prisons to change their behavior.

Last edited:
I can't remember a time in my life when I said to myself "Hmmm, who should I be physically attracted too?"

Anyone that thinks it's a choice needs to ask themselves if there was a point in their life where they CHOSE to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex.

In regards to pedophiles I believe it's the same thing. They simply cannot help themselves, they know it's wrong but they just cannot help that they are physically attracted to boys and girls.

We don't choose who and what we are sexually attracted too. Turning someone straight is as futile as turning someone gay and you can't make grown men/women attracted to little boys and girls

There is no gay gene. But poor ignorant Sunni is lost. Behavioral preferences can be imprinted upon a small baby or child during development, that is hard or impossible to change. It's how teh brain works.

Looking for it in genes without understanding how genes work is where Sunni-tool errs.. as it is where advocates of 'born gay' err

I can't remember a time in my life when I said to myself "Hmmm, who should I be physically attracted too?"

Anyone that thinks it's a choice needs to ask themselves if there was a point in their life where they CHOSE to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex.

In regards to pedophiles I believe it's the same thing. They simply cannot help themselves, they know it's wrong but they just cannot help that they are physically attracted to boys and girls.

We don't choose who and what we are sexually attracted too. Turning someone straight is as futile as turning someone gay and you can't make grown men/women attracted to little boys and girls

and what you say does not demand there be a 'gay' gene or a 'pederast' gene :eusa_eh:

Pedophiles cannot be cured, the best the pros can hope for is supression.
They should either be locked away for life or killed.

In one case you are committing a crime against an unwilling victim
The other is a relationship between consenting adults

So what is your point?

Hmmmm, killed? I have the emotional sentiment, but there is that damn constitution thing. Life terms? For what exactly? I'd have to know the exact circumstances, charges and evidence before I'd agree to lock somebody away for life.

Who gets to define 'pederast'? The same legislatures you all claim can't tie their own shoes, or the voters most of here have contempt for?

It's easy to spout nonsensical emotional dribble, but try and be serious aqnd rational.

I agree with this for both pedophiles and homosexuals........ :cool:

Why do you bother getting out of bed every day?

humexte2.jpg

suicide is a viable option...lead the way Sunni

Both gays and child molesters say their behavior is not a "choice" because they were born that way. Although, no gay or pedophile gene has ever been found and isolated by medical science. Gays say that it's impossible to change; and reversion therapy to make them straight won't work because they were born that way.. And now there is a push to make therapy that focuses on making gays go straight illegal. Pedophiles basically say the same thing; that they can't stop molesting children because they were born that way.. Yet, vast amounts of money is spent on therapy in prisons to change their behavior.

Heterosexuals also say their orientation is not a choice.

So what is your point?
That both claim it isn't a choice and they can't change.

One group is told by therapists it's impossible to change; even if they wanted to.

And the other group is forced to try and change.

The point is that pedophilia is a disease and a crime, while heterosexuality and homosexuality are unchosen genetic forms of sexuality. Both heteros and homos can be and are pedophiles.

So what is your point?

One group is told by therapists it's impossible to change; even if they wanted to.

People try and change pedophelia? I always thought it was about about control, not getting pedophiles to become attracted to adults. :lol: Sunni, you are sooooo stupid sometimes. :eusa_shhh:

So what is your point?

Pedophilia is a crime, homosexuality, not.

One can not be compelled by the state to discontinue an otherwise legal activity absent a rational basis.

Pedophiles also do not constitute a class of protected persons with regard to their private lives, which is the case with homosexuals.

The point is that pedophilia is a disease and a crime, while heterosexuality and homosexuality are unchosen genetic forms of sexuality. Both heteros and homos can be and are pedophiles.

a disease? too broad an interpretation. Pedophilia is not like cancer or aids.

That is one definition, a limited one.

dis·ease
/diˈzēz/
Noun
A disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, esp. one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a...
A particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people.

I think sexual preference can be a choice for some, but for many it just is what feels right and natural since they were young, so really not what I would define as a choice. However, I think that as society becomes more accepting, there will be more people experimenting, which could lead to realizations and/or choices of one preference over the other, or enjoying both and deciding they're bisexual. When something is no longer a taboo in a society, then people aren't compelled to repress their desires. I can understand the importance for the gay community not complicating the issue, and wanting it to only be defined as genetic, but I think it's more complex than that.

Anyone who gets off on victimizing a child is FUBAR...maybe some sort of lobotomy as a "cure" to protect society, but still a very long prison sentence.

Lobotomy should be part of a convicted pedophiles path out confinement, twenty years down the line.

So what is your point?

So what is your point?

Even if homosexuality were a choice, it is a choice between consenting adults

One is a crime and the other a consensual relationship

Forum List

Back