Both Democrats and the GOP have missed the obvious

Silly, faux outrage.

The tea party is upset with the deficit based on unecessary spending and entitlements....not based on "not enough revenue via taxes"

Truthmatters.....you are a very silly poster on this board. You offer no original thought and you continually do what the left bloggers expect of you....regurgitate what they say in an effort to lend their rediculous thoughts some credibility.

They count on puppets like you. And you give them exactly what thye need.

Silly.

They dont care about the deficit or they would have insisted we PAY for the debt we already have incurred.

To say you hate the debt and then cheer when the people you scream at daily stop using the ONLY methond we have of paying for the exsisting debt is nothing but BULLSHIT.

Now stop lying about me and bloogers , I DO NOT read any bloggs.

If you want me to not call you a liar then stop lying about me.

OK...no more blogger accusations.

Is the right time to pay off a debt when you have an economy that is struggling?

What should you do first. Get the economy in a prosperous mode so you dont have to spend as much money propping people up and THEN start to pay off the debt...or pay off a debt first and tax people more and continue to prop people up and thus slow, if not halt the growth of the economy.

I suggest yuou take off your leftiost blinders and look at basic economic logic.

I agree completely that now is not the time to start worrying about debt. It's far more important to foster a real recovery in the short term. That's why I'm concerned that both parties will fall for this "austerity" idea in the next few months, stalling whatever limited recovery we're building. You're spot-on that the key to future debt reduction is creating an environment where we have less need to support people.

Debt is a long term problem. Recovery is a short term concern, and the best way to reduce future debt is to ensure a robust recovery.

Whatever they did in regards to taxes it should have been made permanent and not temporary. By making them temporary it has kept the political football in play and continued the "instability" and unpredictable business landscape proponents of keeping the tax cuts were barking about.

If you do not take in money you can NEVER pay your bills off.

The republican party wants the US in debt.

Silly, faux outrage.

The tea party is upset with the deficit based on unecessary spending and entitlements....not based on "not enough revenue via taxes"

Truthmatters.....you are a very silly poster on this board. You offer no original thought and you continually do what the left bloggers expect of you....regurgitate what they say in an effort to lend their rediculous thoughts some credibility.

They count on puppets like you. And you give them exactly what thye need.

Silly.

They dont care about the deficit or they would have insisted we PAY for the debt we already have incurred.

To say you hate the debt and then cheer when the people you scream at daily stop using the ONLY methond we have of paying for the exsisting debt is nothing but BULLSHIT.

Is the right time to pay off a debt when you have an economy that is struggling?

What should you do first. Get the economy in a prosperous mode so you dont have to spend as much money propping people up and THEN start to pay off the debt...or pay off a debt first and tax people more and continue to prop people up and thus slow, if not halt the growth of the economy.

I suggest yuou take off your leftiost blinders and look at basic economic logic.

Who created the economic debacle? And who has fought every single step that might alleviate it? The same party that thinks that tax breaks for the very wealthy are more important than assisting citizens that answered dutys call on 9-11. No, the Repukes are not going to be let off the hook on this. Yes, we finally got something for the responders, half of the original response. We need to close a bunch of loopholes in the tax codes, so that the wealthy get only half of what they expect.

Whatever they did in regards to taxes it should have been made permanent and not temporary. By making them temporary it has kept the political football in play and continued the "instability" and unpredictable business landscape proponents of keeping the tax cuts were barking about.

The only way that I would agree to that is if we make the WW2 tax schedule automatic every time that we have more than 250 military in combat status. And that schedule stays in effect until the cost of the military excursion is paid for.

Ok mister,

You want to stimulate the economy BEFORE you get all fiscal huh?

Then why do you hate the Proven effective mythods oif stimulus like food stamps unemployment, or do yuou part ways with the republican line on that one?

As an American who cares about my fellow citizens, I am OK with food stamps and unemployement....I do not have an issue with my tax dollars going to those that truly need it during hard times.

I do have an issue with the lack of oversite. I am in the NYC area and I am a business planner and part of what I do is monitor the hiring practices of companies. It is truly sad what I see. Those on unemployment have a "no show" rate as it pertains to interviews over 4 times as high as those not on unemployment. Those that get government funds to attend educational classes (primarily in medical billing) have an absentee rate over 5 times those that pay for the courses themselves. Those on unemployment turn diwn offers at a rate nearly 3 times those that are not on unemplyment.

That is abuse of the programs and easily controllable.

as for me? I needed to hire 4 people for a client. I scheduled 12 interviews. 7 did not show up. I received 6 calls from unemployemtn asking me how the unemployment recipients did on the interviews. I told them that of the 6, 5 did not show up. They asked when I planned on rescheduling. I said never, they did not show nor did they call. They asked me why that excl;udes them from rescheduling? I said they have proven to be unreliable...and the positions have since been filled.

What was the outcome? All five were written up as having scheduled an interview and the employer cancelled as the position was filled. Why? That was the CLOSEST scenario that was recordable.

No show is not an option as it is apparently rediculous that someone would not show up on an interveiw if they dont have a job.

THAT is ALLOWED and SUPPORTED abuse of the system.

Well whaddayouknow.

Rdean actually does get it. He doesn't understand, but he does get it.

Getting obama out in 12 is doing great things for America.

To many on the left think taxing us more will solve the debt. That's delusion. What has DC done to prove to you that they won't just waste that money?

Please, oh please enlighten me.

If you do not take in money you can NEVER pay your bills off.

The republican party wants the US in debt.

Excuse me?
I never said taxes should not go up. They will have to as our debt is too great.
I am referring to proper timing TM...I believe I made that clear.

The GOP simply fought for the cuts to be accross the board as they believe ( and so do I), that the "wealthy" will be the only ones that will create the jobs. Will they? We hope. But the bottom line is this...they are less likely to be able to if they have an increase in taxes.

So just as you...I can spin too...

The democrats dont want the business owners to create jobs and that is why they wanted to increase the taxes on the business owners.

But I dont spin like you TM.....

The only way that I would agree to that is if we make the WW2 tax schedule automatic every time that we have more than 250 military in combat status. And that schedule stays in effect until the cost of the military excursion is paid for.

Interesting what about

Obama Will Spend More on Welfare in the Next Year Than Bush Spent on Entire Iraq War, Study Reveals

As a candidate for president, Barack Obama decried the financial toll that the Iraq war was taking on the economy, but Obama’s proposed spending on welfare through 2010 will eclipse Bush’s war spending by more than $260 billion.

What tax rates do you recommend here?
:eusa_whistle:

Yeah ... I'm really not feelin' much reality in instantly going from a 36% top marginal rate on all income over $250k to a 94% top marginal rate on all income earned over $200k but I dig the spirit of your post.

Ok mister,

Then why do you hate the Proven effective mythods oif stimulus like food stamps unemployment, or do yuou part ways with the republican line on that one?

As an American who cares about my fellow citizens, I am OK with food stamps and unemployement....I do not have an issue with my tax dollars going to those that truly need it during hard times.

I do have an issue with the lack of oversite. I am in the NYC area and I am a business planner and part of what I do is monitor the hiring practices of companies. It is truly sad what I see. Those on unemployment have a "no show" rate as it pertains to interviews over 4 times as high as those not on unemployment. Those that get government funds to attend educational classes (primarily in medical billing) have an absentee rate over 5 times those that pay for the courses themselves. Those on unemployment turn diwn offers at a rate nearly 3 times those that are not on unemplyment.

as for me? I needed to hire 4 people for a client. I scheduled 12 interviews. 7 did not show up. I received 6 calls from unemployemtn asking me how the unemployment recipients did on the interviews. I told them that of the 6, 5 did not show up. They asked when I planned on rescheduling. I said never, they did not show nor did they call. They asked me why that excl;udes them from rescheduling? I said they have proven to be unreliable...and the positions have since been filled.

What was the outcome? All five were written up as having scheduled an interview and the employer cancelled as the position was filled. Why? That was the CLOSEST scenario that was recordable.

No show is not an option as it is apparently rediculous that someone would not show up on an interveiw if they dont have a job.

Dude , personal examples are just undocumentable and Im not calling you a liar Im just saying I dont take the word of random posters as fact.

I sense you are a decent guy JH and Im sure you are telling me your real experince but I just can not accept it as fact.

The can be many explanations for the no shows.

They may not want what you have to offer because they are focusing on permanent work.

Who created the economic debacle? And who has fought every single step that might alleviate it? The same party that thinks that tax breaks for the very wealthy are more important than assisting citizens that answered dutys call on 9-11. No, the Repukes are not going to be let off the hook on this. Yes, we finally got something for the responders, half of the original response. We need to close a bunch of loopholes in the tax codes, so that the wealthy get only half of what they expect.

Very cute alleviation of all the facts. I bet you even want to be taken seriously.

Interesting what about

Obama Will Spend More on Welfare in the Next Year Than Bush Spent on Entire Iraq War, Study Reveals

As a candidate for president, Barack Obama decried the financial toll that the Iraq war was taking on the economy, but Obama’s proposed spending on welfare through 2010 will eclipse Bush’s war spending by more than $260 billion.

Sure would be nice to have all that money Bush wasted on Iraq over all those years huh?

Sure would be nice if Bush and team had done something to ameilorate the finacial mess every one but him saw coming too.

Ok mister,

Dude , personal examples are just undocumentable and Im not calling you a liar Im just saying I dont take the word of random posters as fact.

I sense you are a decent guy JH and Im sure you are telling me your real experince but I just can not accept it as fact.

The can be many explanations for the no shows.

They may not want what you have to offer because they are focusing on permanent work.

Mine was permanent work.

But lets just say it was temp work.....what is wrong with working and getting off unemployment for a few weeks? You do not lose it. It simply is defferred down the road.

But think of what you just said TM.....becasue of unemployment, people feel they have the right to wait it out so they can optimize their situation.

But that is abuse of unemployement. Unemployment is for when you cant help yourself...not for allowing you to acheive the greatest pleasure.

And I respect your not addressing my personal experience...as it very well may be a lie...

Sadly though, it is not...and it is quite sad to see.

Interesting what about

Sure would be nice to have all that money Bush wasted on Iraq over all those years huh?

Sure would be nice if Bush and team had done something to ameilorate the finacial mess every one but him saw coming too.

Since PapaObama spent more on welfare than Bush did on the war, it would be better to maybe get that money back.
:eusa_angel:

Or, just think if we had all that money to reuse that PapaObama wasted on the stimulus, er,,,,Jobs bill ( since it didn't work) then with a New Congress to provide some real leadership

But, sadly, these are just wishes, sort of like Hope & Change

Interesting what about

Since PapaObama spent more on welfare than Bush did on the war, it would be better to maybe get that money back.
:eusa_angel:

Or, just think if we had all that money to reuse that PapaObama wasted on the stimulus, er,,,,Jobs bill ( since it didn't work) then with a New Congress to provide some real leadership

But, sadly, these are just wishes, sort of like Hope & Change

Maybe you better read the original post again liar

Forum List

Back