bored weekend POLL

GotZoom said:
Tomato gravy is another way to say marinara sauce for pasta/Italian food.
No way, marinara sauce is good. Tomato gravy has hunks of tomatos floating around in it and it's nasty. You put it on biscuits and cornbread and anything else you can put gravy on.

Bonnie said:
Touched is my favorite as well, but yes they are all great!

Crosby is an incredible musician. Here's why I like VAST so much:

...the ingredient that sets VAST apart from it's contemporaries is Crosby's experimentation with samples not yet touched upon in rock music. Some of the material sampled on the debut includes the Bulgarian Female Choir and the Benedictine Monks of the Abbey of Saint-Mauer, Cleraux, plus the use of an actual 18-piece orchestra, to boot. The album is an intimidating listen the first time, but the rich textures created are quite impressive, with standout tracks being "Here," "Touched," and "Temptation."

Hagbard Celine said:
No way, marinara sauce is good. Tomato gravy has hunks of tomatos floating around in it and it's nasty. You put it on biscuits and cornbread and anything else you can put gravy on.

I have never heard of that. Every Italian I know, both here in the U.S. and from living there for 6 years have referred to their "sauce" as "gravy."

Bonnie said:
giggles like a school girl then says..... cooool

I hope your wife appreciates running her hands thru it LOL
The wife actualy hates it.
I made a deal with her, cause she cut all of hers off.
Told her if she grew hers back out (Which will take AT LEAST 2 years)
Then I would wear mine however she wanted. I hate short hair on a woman.

GotZoom said:
I have never heard of that. Every Italian I know, both here in the U.S. and from living there for 6 years have referred to their "sauce" as "gravy."
Yeah, I've heard of that too. The tomato gravy I'm talking about is more a deep South thing.

The ClayTaurus said:
Crosby is an incredible musician. Here's why I like VAST so much:

I have to agree with that description and add that every song they do is unique. Touched was the first song I had heard by them and I was wowed. They don't seem to play live much but I was lucky enough to see them play a large club here about 4 years ago.......I was surprised how good they sounded considering all the extra instrumentation that goes into their music.

Bonnie said:
I have to agree with that description and add that every song they do is unique. Touched was the first song I had heard by them and I was wowed. They don't seem to play live much but I was lucky enough to see them play a large club here about 4 years ago.......I was surprised how good they sounded considering all the extra instrumentation that goes into their music.

I'm jealous. There are a couple acts that I am sad I missed out on seeing live. Vast is one, Portishead is another, and Smashing Pumpkins (although I almost guarantee somewhere down the road i'll be able to see some shitty rehashed reunion tour)

The ClayTaurus said:
I'm jealous. There are a couple acts that I am sad I missed out on seeing live. Vast is one, Portishead is another, and Smashing Pumpkins (although I almost guarantee somewhere down the road i'll be able to see some shitty rehashed reunion tour)

Ah I was lucky enough to see Portishead twice in Philly a few years back at a place called the Electric Factory, which is also the only place here on the East Coast that Im aware of that had Sisters of Mercy play.

Smashing Pumpkins opened up for- of all bands Tool, which are both good bands but strangely uncompatible as a double bill, anyway they were not as good live as I had hoped they would be, maybe it was an off night??

Bonnie said:
Ah I was lucky enough to see Portishead twice in Philly a few years back at a place called the Electric Factory, which is also the only place here on the East Coast that Im aware of that had Sisters of Mercy play.

Smashing Pumpkins opened up for- of all bands Tool, which are both good bands but strangely uncompatible as a double bill, anyway they were not as good live as I had hoped they would be, maybe it was an off night??

I actually don't think they are that good live, but I would have liked to see them regardless. You saw Portishead live, I think I actually hate you now.

If only I liked bands that toured endlessly until their hair fell out, it would make things so much easier.

The ClayTaurus]I actually don't think they are that good live, but I would have liked to see them regardless. You saw Portishead live, I think I actually hate you now.[/QUOTE]

Mainly because at that time I was doing band promotions for mainly gothic bands in that area and I got to see many many shows.

Bonnie said:
The ClayTaurus]I actually don't think they are that good live, but I would have liked to see them regardless. You saw Portishead live, I think I actually hate you now.[/QUOTE]

Mainly because at that time I was doing band promotions for mainly gothic bands in that area and I got to see many many shows.

Actually I might get the chance anyways, it looks like Beth is working on their third album.

One can only hope they actually get it out eventually.

Hagbard Celine said:
I just downloaded a bunch of Vast songs. "Touched" is awesome. What others are ya'll's favorites?

Really they are all good. "Pretty when you cry", "Im Dying" "The Niles Edge" are some of my favorites

Bonnie said:
The ClayTaurus said:
Any tentative release dates??

Not that I could tell, that's just what I saw under the News section for Beth's website.

Did you ever listen to the album she did with Rustin Man? Very mellow folk.

What's your fave. portishead album? Dummy, Portishead, or the Live cd?

The ClayTaurus said:
Bonnie said:
Not that I could tell, that's just what I saw under the News section for Beth's website.

Did you ever listen to the album she did with Rustin Man? Very mellow folk.

What's your fave. portishead album? Dummy, Portishead, or the Live cd?

Id' have to say Dummy as to me collectively that's their best to date.

Forum List

Back