Boom!!!! Scott Brown Pulls Ahead

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Holy smokes folks - this story is proving to be THE political story since the 2008 election. WOW.

Poll shocker: Scott Brown surges ahead in Senate

Riding a wave of opposition to Democratic health-care reform, GOP upstart Scott Brown is leading in the U.S. Senate race, raising the odds of a historic upset that would reverberate all the way to the White House, a new poll shows.

Although Brown’s 4-point lead over Democrat Martha Coakley is within the Suffolk University/7News survey’s margin of error, the underdog’s position at the top of the results stunned even pollster David Paleologos

“It’s a Brown-out,” said Paleologos, director of Suffolk’s Political Research Center. “It’s a massive change in the political landscape

...“Either Brown’s momentum accelerates and his lead widens, or this becomes a wake-up call for Coakley to become the ‘Comeback Kid’ this weekend,” Paleologos said.

And with 99 percent having made up their minds, voters may be hard to persuade.

The poll surveyed a carefully partitioned electorate meant to match voter turnout: 39 percent Democrat, 15 percent Republican and 45 percent unenrolled.

Brown wins among men and is remarkably competitive among women - trailing Coakley’s 50 percent with 45 percent.

While Brown has 91 percent of registered Republicans locked up, an astonishing 17 percent of Democrats report they’re jumping ship for Brown as well - likely a product of Coakley’s laser-focus on hard-core Dems, potentially at the exclusion of other Democrats whom she needed to win over, Paleologos said.

Full article here:

Poll shocker: Scott Brown surges ahead in Senate race - BostonHerald.com

scottbrowncongress.jpg

I'm praying that he wins the race for the Senate there. I want to see some of that "change" come to Washington.

I'm praying that he wins the race for the Senate there. I want to see some of that "change" come to Washington.

He's opened up a four point lead heading into the final weekend - and is getting 17% of the Democrat vote!!!!!

Red Alert for the Democrat Party - you are losing in Massachusetts :eusa_whistle:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

And check out this poll indicating an overwhelming majority want Brown sworn in no later than January 20th if he wins. 83% say no partisan delays.

If Scott Brown wins and there is any hint of delay, the Democrats can kiss it all goodbye in Massachusetts.
______

Herald Pulse
If Scott Brown pulls an upset in the U.S. Senate race, how should his swearing-in proceed?

14% - Wait 10 days for the votes to be certified

37% - Bypass it all and swear him in right away

3% - Wait for certification until Feb. 20, to be safe

46% - Get it done by the Jan. 20 U.S. Senate session

Total Votes: 33,544

There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat,
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures.

--Julius Caesar Act 4, scene 3, 218–224

VOTE FOR SENATOR BROWN!!!

Does Zig Zag or whatever that place is have a vid of Brown riding a unicorn under a rainbow yet?

Hopey changey stuff going on here :)

Over a HALF MILLION hits for the "It's the people's seat" quote by Scott Brown.

The guy has hit the national stage running and appears poised to make political history and become the single strongest show of opposition to the Obama led Big Government Democrat agenda.

Simply fantastic!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJEEQHOnI2Q[/ame]

Let's hope we can keep the momentum another 5 days. Wish I could vote for him, maybe I'll send in a contribution.

I supported Obama, but then voted Republican in the VA gov race in 09. As an independent in a swing state, I can tell you Democrats better be very worried if they impose this health care atrocity on us.

Don't count chickens yet. The eggs are still waiting quietly in the nest till next tuesday. Don't celebrate yet, but......
:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:

and after he wins, send a big thank you upstairs too.

Check out this video "Massachusetts Miracle"

I've been in a few campaigns - but this actually got be a bit choked up.

I totally agree with a previous post - if Brown pulls this off on Tuesday, I will be saying a prayer of thanks. Massachusetts would be leading the way once again...

____

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nEoW-P81-0[/ame]

He supports the right to deny rape victims medication on religious grounds. We don't need anymore Religious Right advocates in the beltway.

He supports the right to deny rape victims medication on religious grounds. We don't need anymore Religious Right advocates in the beltway.

Are you that stupid, or that dishonest? Or both?

He supports the right of doctors to object to doing things they consider immoral. That is something totally different from what you said. I can't believe that anyone with an IQ over that of an amoeba could actually write what you did here.

Check out this video "Massachusetts Miracle"

I've been in a few campaigns - but this actually got be a bit choked up.

I totally agree with a previous post - if Brown pulls this off on Tuesday, I will be saying a prayer of thanks. Massachusetts would be leading the way once again...

The fact you think God has anything to do with this, especially with choosing a certain candidate is not only ignorance but arrogance on your part. But not surprising to say the least.

Brown is apart of the establishment. He can try to run as anti-establishment, but as long as he's running with a (R) next to his name and taking their money then he's about as clean as a pig in it's pen.

Are you that stupid, or that dishonest? Or both?

He supports the right of doctors to object to doing things they consider immoral. That is something totally different from what you said. I can't believe that anyone with an IQ over that of an amoeba could actually write what you did here.
well, ole curve doesnt exceed that bar you set
so you are safe
;)

Last edited:
If he wins, that will just be icing on the cake.

Browns damage has already been done.

A Republican almost winning a Senate seat in Massachusetts shouts NO Democrat Senate seat is safe in 2010...

....and that message is being received loud and clear in Arkansas, Indiana, Colorado, Wisconsin, and Illinois.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back