Book says McCain Called Wife a "C*nt"; McCain Does Not Deny It

Dogger

Apr 16, 2008
Dixie
In his book The Real McCain, author Cliff Schecter reported that John McCain called his wife Cindy a "c*nt" in front of reporters and witnesses in 1992. Thursday, a Baptist minister at an Iowa townhall meeting gave McCain an opportunity to deny it. McCain refused; you can watch it here.

Schecter's book broke three stories about McCain: the c*nt story, McCain's physical brawl with indicted GOP Congressman Rick Renzi, and McCain's efforts to get former Common Cause President Chellie Pingree fired over a policy dispute regarding McCain-Feingold. McCain falsely denied the second and third stories, but several witnesses have backed them up.

Given the loaded nature of the question, I would expect McCain to forcefully deny the allegation if it were not true. Instead, McCain complained about the profane quality of his own language, and refused to answer.

Most shocking of all, the minister was removed from the meeting by police and Secret Service, and questioned by Secret Service agents before being released. Apparently, America has become a fascist state where citizens are held for interrogation if they ask uncomfortable questions of political candidates.

In his book The Real McCain, author Cliff Schecter reported that John McCain called his wife Cindy a "c*nt" in front of reporters and witnesses in 1992. Thursday, a Baptist minister at an Iowa townhall meeting gave McCain an opportunity to deny it. McCain refused; you can watch it here.

Schecter's book broke three stories about McCain: the c*nt story, McCain's physical brawl with indicted GOP Congressman Rick Renzi, and McCain's efforts to get former Common Cause President Chellie Pingree fired over a policy dispute regarding McCain-Feingold. McCain falsely denied the second and third stories, but several witnesses have backed them up.

Given the loaded nature of the question, I would expect McCain to forcefully deny the allegation if it were not true. Instead, McCain complained about the profane quality of his own language, and refused to answer.

Most shocking of all, the minister was removed from the meeting by police and Secret Service, and questioned by Secret Service agents before being released. Apparently, America has become a fascist state where citizens are held for interrogation if they ask uncomfortable questions of political candidates.

Yup, I suggest you do some research on William the beloved and his reign before you complain about fascists and how and what the Secret Service and police details have done and been ordered to do.

As for calling his wife a C*nt, so what? You do not care one whit that Obama believes and why he would spend 20 years in a church with a pastor he supposedly does not believe in, BUT McCain, oh my god he called his wife a name. String him up.

The 'minister' was a Biden campaign manager and now works for Obama. Checkout Gateway pundit, I'm at school and blogspot is blocked. There are pics and the video of the question.

What i find most hysterical about media today is Obama is the elitist while Hillary and John are not? I found this piece on McSame's wife interesting as when Kerry ran all we heard about was his wife's money but this I didn't know till today.

"McCain’s shameless attempts to empathize with the “Middle Class” should be ridiculed after examining his marriage to Beer heiress, Cindy McCain, whose net worth exceeds $100 million dollars, with most of it tied to her father’s stake in Hensley & Co., and the rest injected into the McCains’ faces."

http://www.counterpunch.org/waj05012008.html

What i find most hysterical about media today is Obama is the elitist while Hillary and John are not? I found this piece on McSame's wife interesting as when Kerry ran all we heard about was his wife's money but this I didn't know till today.

"McCain’s shameless attempts to empathize with the “Middle Class” should be ridiculed after examining his marriage to Beer heiress, Cindy McCain, whose net worth exceeds $100 million dollars, with most of it tied to her father’s stake in Hensley & Co., and the rest injected into the McCains’ faces."

The elitist tag is silly. But I do think they're referring to a way of relating to people. Obama seems more professorial, Hillary more...ok I can have a beer with her (not that that's the gauge of what makes a good president, but that's not what we're talking about) and McCain, well no one's really going to criticize that stuff about him because of the war hero stuff. And probably that's appropriate. They shouldn't have treated John Kerry differently, but, again, that's just my opinion on the subject.

Personally, I want my president to be the smartest person in any room she walks into. ;)

non issue. Your parents called each other names too. So what.

As for calling his wife a C*nt, so what?

He did it in anger when she mentioned his thinning hair in pubic, or public. He apologized and said he had a hard day. Wow, none of those as president.

It is a valid remark to make about his inability to control his temper even when he was in a public forum.

But let's go back to Billy. That's seems to be someone on these threads only defense for everything.

I assure you that previous presidents had worse examples of poor behaviour and were probably just as human as john mccain.

again, total non-issue. Im ashamed that my side would even bring this kind of gotcha bullshit up in the first place.

Once again. Being "elitist" is not the same as being "elite".

If you are going to delve into it, you should at least know what it means.

The elitist tag is silly. But I do think they're referring to a way of relating to people. Obama seems more professorial, Hillary more...ok I can have a beer with her (not that that's the gauge of what makes a good president, but that's not what we're talking about) and McCain, well no one's really going to criticize that stuff about him because of the war hero stuff. And probably that's appropriate. They shouldn't have treated John Kerry differently, but, again, that's just my opinion on the subject.

Personally, I want my president to be the smartest person in any room she walks into. ;)

Being smart is not the end-all of everything. In child-rearing circles, they've decided we do our children a dis-service to praise their intelligence, instead of their fortitude.

Lots of very bright people are still morally bankrupt, and/or criminal.

As if. Still, I like to give credit where credit is due. That's an upward trend on your weekly average.

Tipped your hand Jill! But it would be refreshing to have an intelligent President again. :rolleyes:

Was intended to tip my hand. ;)

I just want to not cringe when I hear the president talk. In all seriousness, I don't know why people have a problem with education and polish. The president is supposed to be polished.

Forum List

Back